Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.7K Views
Should I start talking about my future product, or should I wait till its ready?

I've registered my small consulting company about a year ago and since then we provide consulting and support for several clients, one of which is one of the industry largest organizations in the...

asked Jan 15 '10 at 20:11
Blank
Krasimir Evtimov
150 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Why is 1:1 copy of a site so cheap?

I have a 100 pages site written in 15 languages to replicate from one CMS (now discredited with the customer) over to SiteCore - which on the face of it offers many great features. The UX is to...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 05:09
Blank
Puk
81 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
5.23K Views
Why do recruitment websites charge companies(recruiters)? Is it feasible if a recruitment website provides free service for both recruiters and job-seekers?

Is it feasible if a recruitment website provides free service for both recruiters and job-seekers?

asked Jan 16 '10 at 11:53
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
How are multi-lingual websites typically done?

A friend from Italy asked about setting up a website, and I am pretty sure she wants it in multiple languages. How is that typically done? Is there a framework in the CMSes that allows language...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 13:18
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Is there a good book on website marketing?

Especially when the users are almost zero

asked Jan 17 '10 at 22:19
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.38K Views
What is best website for SMB for SEO? WordPress or static site?

I have come across a question by a local business. When it comes to SEO, is there a difference between a website built on WordPress and one using any other means (static pages, website templates,...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 16:30
Blank
Doug M
26 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.74K Views
Cost of Building Website?

We are briefing Marketing agencies next week about activity relating to the launch of our product (CRM system that is SaaS). Can people please advise what the ball park cost for a website like...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 00:32
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Long term or short term advertisement offer?

I run a website that attracts university and companies that offer program, service, software in a certain niche. I'll plan the site in a short time and have several potential clients contacting me...

asked Dec 23 '09 at 06:27
Blank
Baraider
36 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Usability: Looking for your thoughts on Categories and Tags

That's right. I often have mixed emotions on this one. Let's say we have some type of site that profiles different items. For example, the latest thing over the past few years is tagging... and...

asked Dec 24 '09 at 12:25
Blank
Matt
460 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.53K Views
Testing company/domain name acceptance

We have a couple of options to name our company but we would like to find out which one is best accepted by users or which one is better associated with our product. In the past it was possible to...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 03:12
Blank
Gera
91 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.17K Views
Domain Name Ownership Liability

I have a couple domain names that I purchased personally. I have since created an LLC and would like to utilize these domain names for products created under the LLC. So my questions are: Do I...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 11:06
Blank
Scorch
73 points

8 Votes
15 Answers
13.2K Views
What is the best free seo rank checker tool?

I am looking for a tool that can monitor my website rankings on search engines like Google, Yahoo bing etc .. Is there any such tool around that is free ?

asked Dec 31 '09 at 06:18
Blank
Varun
41 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.44K Views
Selling a high traffic mobile site, any adivce?

We are looking to sell our business. We are a high traffic mobile site (16+ million unique visitors/month). What is the best way to get acquired? Should we use a business broker to facilitate this...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 08:42
Blank
Mike
16 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.59K Views
wordpress or blogger

I am planning to start a blog that publishes information about our company and developments in the area of education and technology. Any pointers on which is better and more feature rich, Wordpress...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 22:46
Blank
Kabir
96 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.82K Views
Website Advertisement Pricing Model

I am currently working on integrating and advertisement/advertising module into a online management system I am creating. The question is this... What is the best way to determine pricing for...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 05:00
Blank
Theistand
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Strategies for getting initial customers

At last I have gotten my SAAS product to a state where I can take on some customers. I believe as-it-stands it offers significant advantages over existing solutions. I am finding it incredibly...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 06:58
Blank
Sam Saffron
432 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.17K Views
Payment processing for subscription based, high value, downloadable software

I read through some suggestions on this site with regard to payment processors and after a good deal of investigation found Avangate.com had all of the features I needed: Flexible payment options...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 01:37
Blank
Ian Wilson
88 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.23K Views
How to increase customer referrals?

I have a web based application for consumers. Customers sign up. What are the best tactics to incent/encourage my customers to refer their friends to sign up? Would appreciate any and all...

asked Jan 7 '10 at 14:57
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

3 Votes
9 Answers
3.59K Views
Looking for .NET CMS

I'm looking for .NET content management system. I've done some research and found a lot of software (like Telerik's Sitefinity or DotNetNuke), but I don't want to make wrong decision. Please advice.

asked Dec 9 '09 at 20:36
Blank
Dimitri
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Any examples of web business's spawned from a business person's idea and put into action by a technical cofounder?

While many people talk about the new paradigm of outsourcing technical skills to India or China, there is much derision among technical blogs and people about business people getting into the job...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 09:28
Blank
Seth
21 points