Co-Founder Questions

What are the pros and cons of starting a business alone versus with cofounders? How many founders are too many?

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
Advice on measuring participation of a new company

I am creating a new startup, the startup is going to consist of 4 members and I need some advice on how to split the participation etc. Here is a brief description of each member and there...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 01:05
Blank
Daniel
121 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Where would one advertise for a lead man/woman?

We are seeking to bring in someone at a founder level that is connected in the Silicon valley investment circles. Is there anywhere in particular we could advert to see if anyone fits our group?...

asked Nov 24 '10 at 12:11
Blank
Xs Direct
275 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
How to split money, first startup/business I've done

I'm a software developer, and I am starting a SaaS company. Even though the project is not too complicated I do need the help of a fellow programmer that is more experience in the web programming...

asked Nov 26 '10 at 06:50
Blank
Francisco Noriega
113 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.12K Views
What would be better for my startup (cofounder or hire dev team)?

I am 17 and I have no one investing in me but my father. My dad might invest around $2000-$5000. What would be a better approach to start the development of my startup? Find a tech cofounder...

asked Oct 11 '10 at 23:01
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.53K Views
What do you think about FairSoftware?

What do you think about FairSoftware? I'm considering adding an unknown third to a spare-time startup that is not making any money, so I'm looking for the cheapest way to officially divide the...

asked Oct 12 '10 at 04:29
Blank
J. Pablo Fernández
412 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
What can I offer a partner? (I don't have cash)

If I start a S or C Corp what benefit packages can I offer potential employees and how would I ramp them in? I don't have the cash to give them a salary so I need an official way to give them X...

asked Oct 21 '10 at 07:39
Blank
Jspooner
113 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.25K Views
What's a fair share when calculating equity for a co-founder?

<2007 Nov> - company founded (with idea "A") by 1 founder, who's an engineering graduate, with no job experience but lot's of entrepreneural spirit <2008 year> - Idea "A" does well in...

asked Sep 25 '10 at 05:27
Blank
User4405
3 points

12 Votes
4 Answers
8.5K Views
How can I quit from my own company

I co-founded a consulting company in Vancouver 4 years ago with 2 partners. One of us is working full-time with the company and getting a modest salary. Me and my other partner are doing couple of...

asked Sep 26 '10 at 10:35
Blank
Boolean
388 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
When looking for a technical co-founder, how to protect IP?

I understand the process of looking for a technical co-founder may involve interviewing several people, some of which won't be a good fit, or won't have the right credentials or life situation,...

asked Oct 3 '10 at 15:56
Blank
Bruno
81 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Go from contractor for a company to a CIO/co-founder?

A person I have been working for as a contractor has at one point entitled me his "CIO". He has been wanting to be his full-time developer for sometime, and I believe would be willing to make me a...

asked Oct 5 '10 at 16:13
Blank
Nowarninglabel
125 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.24K Views
Co-founding with someone I don't know very well

I am starting a company without enough money to pay a second person a salary, but I need the help. I've found someone who seems great - his previous work is beautiful, he has already done some good...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 06:30
Blank
Riley
193 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.52K Views
Is this ok to bring foreigner as a cofounder?

I am looking for a technical co-founder, but unfortunately my local relatives are not willing or not quialified enough for the task so I am thinking where else I could find a partner. I know a...

asked Jul 18 '10 at 23:32
Blank
Alex Radzie
40 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Co-Founders

So by this time you might already know I am working on a startup. I have a question about Co-Founder. I know your co-founder shouldn't be doing the same thing you do. For example, If I handle...

asked Aug 18 '10 at 05:53
Blank
Bhargav Patel
784 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Paperwork for buying out my co-founder

I've agreed with my co-founder to buy him out for a trivial sum and we'll go our separate ways. I'll let him do whatever he wants with the IP we've built. I just need to write up a formal document...

asked May 2 '10 at 05:44
Blank
Andrew Watson
36 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
10.8K Views
Startup Advice -- Attracting "Unpaid" Talent

A partner and myself are developing a new software product. We've been working on it for several months now but we lack certain areas of expertise -- in particular art skills. Everything has been...

asked Mar 27 '10 at 15:50
Blank
Startup Advice
55 points

2 Votes
11 Answers
3.6K Views
The Single Most Important Trait of a Founder

So I've been thinking a lot about important traits of startup founders. I keep coming back to the notion that the single, most indispensable trait of a startup founder is the ability to pick up the...

asked Mar 28 '10 at 02:24
Blank
Fractal Guy
254 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.73K Views
A special kind of merger

I am negotiating a deal and I really need some advice on the pros and cons of the deal that has been suggested to me. I have a startup company with radically innovative technology. I want to...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 23:25
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.61K Views
where to find tech meet-ups

Is there a website that lists all the upcoming tech meet-ups in each city? I'm new the tech world and cant seem to hear of any events in Los Angeles.

asked Apr 10 '10 at 06:03
Blank
Pennyfiller13
86 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
When is the best time to look for a technology co-founder?

Should you look for a co-founder prior to developing a project or wait until after it has launched and shows some signs of success? Do you spend the time and resources up front to find someone...

asked Mar 17 '10 at 23:01
Blank
Bob Ross
119 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
How to find the right co-founder?

Possible Duplicate: How do I find a technical co-founder? I am looking for a technology co-founder. I have been able to find a couple of good posts browsing this site that help point me in the...

asked Mar 18 '10 at 00:58
Blank
Bob Ross
119 points