Ideas Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Equity sharing over an iphone app

I have an idea for an iphone app. I want to develop this app. I took an iphone class and tried to develop this app. However, I soon realized you have to be very good to develop a really good app....

asked Aug 3 '11 at 10:18
Blank
Rohit
3 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.46K Views
What are the ways to gain a monopoly?

Gaining a monopoly is of course something that is interesting for all entrepreneurs, is it still possible to make one? If so, how?

asked Aug 10 '11 at 01:47
Blank
David
1,567 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
How to decide whether an idea is worth pursuing?

You have a business idea, how do you decide whether it's worth pursuing? i.e, say you plan to provide a SaaS service to users (which you think would be very useful for people), how do you know that...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 04:09
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Looking for ideas for new startup processes

I have an idea for a new startup, and I'm searching for good ideas for processes. I know that it is important to have flexibility and agility, but I don't know the processes that help in those...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 11:19
Blank
Iuren Weissmann
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Do you have a "data-mining" guy?

Right now I'm in the process of bootstrapping a start-up, so I and my co-founder are working pretty long hours. My only source of new information seems to be Hacker News at the moment, but...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 18:54
Blank
Philip K
113 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.73K Views
How to figure out new business ideas?

Possible Duplicate: Strategies for coming up with ideas I am trying to find new business ideas but I have not yet found one. How to think up new business ideas?

asked Aug 1 '11 at 02:06
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.76K Views
Should I delegate tasks to be done that require knowledge I don't have, or learn it myself?

First off, I'll start by saying I read a few somewhat related posts, but I will still ask my question as my situation is slightly different and may call for different solutions. Anyway, here are...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Drew
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
How to identify the need?

I believe to have a successful product / service, you need to fill a need that clients and customers have. My question is how do you find, spot, identify or realize a need is there?

asked Jul 18 '11 at 16:31
Blank
Seti Seeker
236 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Feasibility metrics on the cheap

I'd like to track the customer's activities during the week to establish whether the problem I am solving is a minor annoyance or a big pain. My full-time job makes it difficult to do the...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 14:05
Blank
Gili
178 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
How does one judge the merits of an idea?

I'm at the Imagine Cup Finals, and I'm getting to see lots of students' projects, and lots of ideas. For competitions like that, there are of course a set of objectives that are slated as part of...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 04:21
Blank
Billy O Neal
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Local or remote partner, tech or non tech partner

Have any of you got experience with a remote partner, did it work out, and can you share any tips or arguments for or against working with a remote partner? I'm currently thinking about a very...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 05:13
Blank
Raw Solutions
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Starting an MBA essay application consulting firm?

I'm a college entrepreneur (currently pursuing my bachelors in Business) and I've been studying/reading books about the different strategies that successful business school candidates use to get...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 14:48
Blank
Djs13
30 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
3.55K Views
Where should I go with just an idea, no capital or product or partners?

I have read the FAQ and hope that I have added enough detail to my question that it will not be considered to vague or open. I have a great idea for a software product that I think could make a...

asked Jun 6 '11 at 00:06
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.57K Views
Protecting a website idea

Feel free to redirect me if there's a forum this would be better suited for, I'm still unfamiliar with the functions of the different forums. I'm going to begin a project soon that requires a lot...

asked May 21 '11 at 07:41
Blank
Gabe
31 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
How to check if an idea will work and generate revenue?

I have done quite a bit of research before posting this question, so when I say I have a "good" startup idea it means: I am solving a very common problem => there is scope for revenue...

asked May 22 '11 at 05:18
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
Should I outsource the development of my idea or develop it myself?

Short background: I have a web startup idea which solves an existing problem. There are many online solutions available for the problem, but my solution is "unique". I have done a basic background...

asked May 23 '11 at 01:41
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Will employer invest in my idea?

Let me describe a situation I happened to be in by now several times. I work in the field of detector/electronics/imaging systems development. I often get some new technical ideas and solutions,...

asked May 23 '11 at 02:26
Blank
Nick
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Group Buy Business Startup Tips

Is there anyone that has experience with some groopon like applications (clones) and would like to share with me their experience?. I am just a programmer and I don't have much experience with...

asked May 12 '11 at 06:42
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.87K Views

1 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
Why would someone write captchas all day?

A while ago i was surfing around the internet and i found this site: captchatrader.com. I don't understand why would someone pay for people to solve captchas. What is the reason? What do they get...

asked May 5 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Sfrj
205 points