Startups Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.29K Views
How do I split company profits 3 ways?

Hi , Me and two of my friends are opening a retail space in order to rental out nail booths. If we have 8+ booths and are charging about $400+ monthly rent ( not sure if you need this info) how...

asked Jul 29 '20 at 06:20
Blank
Sey S
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.17K Views
How to do without a lawyer when launching your SaaS startup?

There are several things that are needed for a SaaS startup from a legal standpoint: Privacy policy Terms of service Contracts How can a bootstrap startup do these without spending money on a...

asked Aug 29 '14 at 15:55
Blank
John Jackson
7 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.22K Views
What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

What are some of the potential market sizing techniques for a rather unconventional idea (app for something which is not online)?

asked Mar 21 '20 at 06:12
Blank
Vipin Kv
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.32K Views
I have an almost working mobile application, how do I get investment?

I am new to the game. How do I get investment? Will having an almost working mobile application help when it comes to investors taking me seriously. I am a developer by trade. 5% of the work is...

asked Dec 7 '14 at 15:21
Blank
User34199
46 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Educational startups: how do you handle down seasons?

Almost any education related website sees a spike when school is in and then traffic drops off (by over half in my case) when school it out. How do other startups deal with seasonal traffic, and...

asked May 2 '14 at 00:55
Blank
Lakisha Black
14 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.49K Views
Early Exercise

I have been offered to exercise some of the stock option for a AG company in Germany. I would like to know if could make sense to exercise early in order to avoid short term capital gains tax. I...

asked Apr 2 '19 at 17:07
Blank
Andrea Radello
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.88K Views
Examples of top managers/engineers who left a company to found startup of their own?

What are examples of top managers/engineers to leave a company in favor of their own startup in the same market niche?

asked Feb 20 '19 at 07:16
Blank
Денис Кулагин
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.95K Views
What equity should I expect in this scenario?

I'm interested in joining an early stage startup and have a question regarding what is the expected equity I should be offered. This is the scenario:1. The startup has a single founder who is the...

asked Dec 12 '18 at 00:02
Blank
SWlkz
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.18K Views
How can I get a current account for my proposed e-learning company in India? What documents are needed for it?

We are totally new startup in India and the only documents we have are: 1) Identity proof of owner 2) PAN of owner 3) Rent agreement of office We wish to carry out all the transactions in the...

asked Nov 2 '18 at 22:33
Blank
Greengoblin
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Who manage the first devs in a small startup?

From your own startups experience, who was the one to manage the first developers hired? Why? And also was it a techy startup and how many founders you had / what their roles at the...

asked Aug 29 '17 at 14:39
Blank
Arnold Aaron
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.03K Views
2 month old company with 2 partners. My partner left but not returning shares.

I have a Delaware entity with full control and I brought a partner that I gave about 45% of the outstanding shares. My partner did not like how I ran the business and left. The original business...

asked Apr 26 '18 at 00:10
Blank
Nick Flynn
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.44K Views
Which startups are hiring in Boston?

Couldn't find a Jobs section on Bright Journey. Maybe there should be a section here where startups can post their openings.Which early stage startups are hiring software engineers in the Boston area?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 01:14
Blank
Steve Halsted
45 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.88K Views
Building a career whilst bootstrapping

Long story short, I am bootstrapping a start up venture and I am funding it through full time employment. We are close to launch, and we want to avoid going to VC in order to retain 100% equity. I...

asked Oct 3 '15 at 01:01
Blank
User34199
46 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.52K Views
Pre-launch pages: what should you have on them?

What makes some pre-launch sites great? There is a lot of talk about beginning to market your site well before launch. How does one do that on a "coming soon" page?Most of the pages I've seen just...

asked Jun 10 '14 at 12:44
Blank
Michael Strunk
19 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.47K Views
Should you care about branding when first launching a startup?

Is it worth worrying about branding principles (name, logo, slogan, etc) when launching your app? Or should that come afterwards once you get some customers?One issue is that renaming a company...

asked May 21 '15 at 10:13
Blank
Brian Flores
7 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.89K Views
Persuading software engineers to join a new startup?

I'm a non-technical founder who has been able to get by with outsourced consultants on ODesk for a while.But now that revenues are growing, I want to hire one or two PHP coders onsite. I've posted...

asked Jun 9 '14 at 18:10
Blank
Sonya Dave
24 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Intro video vs just having an illustration with text?

Which is better for explaining your product on the homepage? There is a trend of having videos above the fold on the homepage that explains your startup.Maybe I'm biased by my own usage patterns,...

asked Jun 11 '14 at 18:40
Blank
Timothy Lund
12 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Raised $500K from angel investors: if startup doesn't work, can we start a new company with those funds?

I guess the common term for this in the valley would be to pivot.If we raised money from angel investors, and it turned out the startup isn't going to succeed, could we pivot the company to a...

asked Jun 15 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Kent Campbell
17 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.48K Views
What's the worst failure you had in business and what did you learn from it?

What's the biggest failure you had while building a startup and what was the take away?

asked Jun 16 '14 at 21:25
Blank
Verdell Smith
22 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Naming an online bookkeeping service startup in Australia?

We would love feedback from the community on which of the following company names is the best to choose for our startup.As background, we have ran a couple of naming contests and have gone through...

asked Jun 18 '14 at 09:43
Blank
garyjames
6 points