Angel Investors Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Raised $500K from angel investors: if startup doesn't work, can we start a new company with those funds?

I guess the common term for this in the valley would be to pivot.If we raised money from angel investors, and it turned out the startup isn't going to succeed, could we pivot the company to a...

asked Jun 15 '14 at 19:13
Blank
Kent Campbell
17 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.4K Views
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.56K Views
Figuring out how much equity to give to angel investors for seed capital?

My startup is in the very early stages. We have a very raw prototype and haven't launched yet and so have no revenue either.Two angel investors are interested in putting $20,000 each in our startup...

asked May 30 '15 at 13:41
Blank
Darlene Vera
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
9.06K Views
Should startups send investors their pitch deck over email before the meeting?

PROS: Get a "no" early and avoid a wasted meeting. Provide foundation so that meeting time is more useful. CONS: Investors may forward deck to your competitors. Without presenting the deck in...

asked Mar 28 '14 at 05:54
Blank
Michael Feng
51 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.11K Views
Average salary of a seed stage funded founder?

Assuming a startup raised a round smaller than $500K, what should the founder's salary be? The startup is located in San Francisco, so the cost of living is pretty high. Would angel investors be...

asked May 22 '14 at 12:57
Blank
Sylvia Rubio
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Is my startup good enough for funding?

I'm working on a web app and launching in the next few days, I finally came up with a name "jellyblub" and got the domain. My thing is that I'm a little embarrassed about seeking funding because...

asked May 7 '14 at 20:35
Blank
Franklin De Los Santos
11 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
3.06K Views
Should you try to raise capital for a lifestyle business?

It is worth trying to raise a small amount of capital (for less than 10% equity) from angel investors for a startup that is meant to be a lifestyle business?I know that VCs would be out of the...

asked Apr 16 '14 at 20:56
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
What metrics are seed-stage investors interested in?

Our product is a B2B SaaS tool that has most of the users in the free plan. We do have a "Pro" plan, but not many people have converted to it yet and our marketing efforts till now have been to...

asked Apr 14 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Monica Crandall
9 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.08K Views
How do I determine angel investor equity?

I have an opportunity to purchase a company. We're still working on the purchase price, but let's assume $100K for purposes of discussion. I do not have $100K. I would need to find an investor to...

asked Mar 31 '14 at 17:58
Blank
Carson McComas
1,023 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.77K Views
Difference between raising money on Kickstarter vs. AngelList?

What are the differences and pros / cons for each platform?Why should someone go with a Kickstarter campaign vs seeking out angel investors on platforms like AngelList?

asked Mar 25 '14 at 14:29
Blank
Lisa Yamaguchi
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Does having paid customers prior to a seed round hurt valuations?

We run a SaaS product which, until recently, was completely free to use. We're just starting to roll out a premium paid version and there are very few paid accounts.Would having this paid account...

asked Mar 24 '14 at 22:43
Blank
Leslie Parker
80 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
What's the deal with being an accredited investor? Why does the SEC even have that designation?

I've read the arguments on the benefits for startups to pick accredited angel investors. But what's the deal about it from the SEC's standout? What did the SEC have to gain from even creating this...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 21:57
Blank
Julio Hearn
35 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Can you do some consulting on the side if you raise money from angels?

I'm looking to raise money from angel investors and would be focused on the startup 110%.I do, however, have some prior commitments that I had made for some short term consulting.I will easily be...

asked Mar 21 '14 at 13:28
Blank
Shane Benningfield
65 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.64K Views
What should be in a seed-round pitch deck for investors?

What data do angel investors want to see in a pitch deck? Better yet, are there any public successful pitch decks that people have used to raise over $500K from angels?

asked Mar 10 '14 at 13:36
Blank
Robert Collins
160 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
What can you learn from getting rejected by investors?

Most VCs will never tell you "no". Instead they will keep saying they'll get back to you. They do this so that they don't jeopardize investing in future rounds (in case they made a mistake the...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 23:24
Blank
Thea Cortez
10 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Warning signs when dealings with VCs and angel investors?

What are some things to watch out for when trying to raise money? In order to ensure you don't end up taking money from the wrong people. What red flags should I be looking at or even before the...

asked Feb 19 '14 at 14:07
Blank
Joel J.
31 points