Kickstarter Questions

7 Votes
6 Answers
13.5K Views
How Do I Prevent Someone From Stealing My Idea On KickStarter

I have a great idea for a new product and I am thinking about launching it on Kickstarter, but I have one major problem. I am afraid that someone will steal my product and/or accuse me of stealing...

asked Jan 31 '13 at 07:27
Blank
Annonomus Person
204 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
7.84K Views
How to promote a Kickstarter project?

We have a new project will launch on Kickstarter(crowdfunding website) soon, I want to know if there is any good free promotion method to let more people know our product, except Facebook, Twitter...

asked Feb 6 '15 at 15:39
Blank
User34252
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
11.5K Views
Can you pay yourself a small salary from money raised on Kickstarter?

If you raise a small amount of money (under $50K) on Kickstarter for a product you want to build, can you pay yourself a small salary along the way? I am quitting my day job to focus on this...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Mary Pritchett
17 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
Idea: 3d printing server for Kickstarter campaigns to create their prototypes?

What are your thoughts on this idea:People who create Kickstarter campaigns sometimes need a dummy prototype (looks like the final product, but isn't functional).Would there be a market for this? I...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 13:27
Blank
Edwin Risner
14 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Tips and hacks for crowdfunding a startup on KickStarter or Indiegogo?

What are some tips to garner attention for your project on crowdfunding platforms like Indiegogo and Kickstarter?From browsing the most funded campaigns, the common elements seem to be: Great promo...

asked May 28 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Toby Hardage
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.77K Views
Difference between raising money on Kickstarter vs. AngelList?

What are the differences and pros / cons for each platform?Why should someone go with a Kickstarter campaign vs seeking out angel investors on platforms like AngelList?

asked Mar 25 '14 at 14:29
Blank
Lisa Yamaguchi
20 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.86K Views
Should a beta version be free, or come at a premium?

My natural inclination for pre-release software is that it should be free. You're trying to get people to try it out, knowing that the product is incomplete and potentially more buggy than you'd...

asked Feb 24 '14 at 23:15
Blank
rbwhitaker
3,465 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
What happens with KickStarter if you run out of money and decide to shutdown the company after funding?

Have there been companies who have used KickStarter and then had to close the company before delivering because they ran out of money? What happens in this case? Do you have to pay KickStarter...

asked Feb 19 '14 at 12:01
Blank
Joel J.
31 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.72K Views
Start-up creation - Prerequisites

I am looking for guidelines on: "How to make my own start-up?." Which are the preliminary steps that i should be aware off? What should i avoid and what to persuade? The question might be a bit...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 04:47
Blank
Ldn 5602
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.09K Views
Shipping "rewards" from a Kickstarter project

(i cant find a stack relating to "Crowdfunding" or similar so decided to put this in here, please feel free to migrate it to a more suitable stack if you know of one) I am currently running a...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 02:39
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
Tax implications of an overseas business running a Kickstarter campaign via a US or UK person's account

If an overseas business runs a Kickstarter campaign via a US or UK person's account, does anyone know what the tax implications would be for a US resident? Does anyone know what the tax...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 21:17
Blank
Mark Sheppard
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
Kickstarter to get interest not product?

Is there something like Indiegogo or Kickstarter where you would invest to get interest/share as opposed of getting a product? Is such an idea viable?

asked Oct 5 '12 at 07:55
Blank
Den
131 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Raise and use money on kickstarter or indiegogo

I'm interested in projects like Indiegogo and Kickstarter. Basically they are doing the same thing - helps to get money from the people who likes your idea. So when I'm raising money and asking...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 16:45
Blank
Ignas B.
103 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
What are the tax consequences for Kickstarter earnings?

so kickstarter FAQ mentions the tax considerations (and lack of) for BACKERS, but what about for the person you contributed to For instance, take a project like OUYA all funds went to Boxer8 Inc....

asked Aug 20 '12 at 04:52
Blank
Cqm
137 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
What makes an effective Kickstarter video?

Kickstarter videos are pretty amazing, though it's unclear to me what really makes for an effective Kickstarter video; meaning the video is/was a core aspect of raise funds for the project. What...

asked May 19 '12 at 08:44
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.24K Views
On Kickstarter, why is $10,000 the maxium amount a single backer is able to give?

On Kickstarter, backers are able to give $1 to $10,000 USD per project. Why is $10,000 the maximum amount a single backer is able to give per project?

asked May 24 '12 at 00:57
Blank
Blunders .
899 points