NDA Questions

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.9K Views
Approaching big corps for partnerships

I've created a series of mobile games that could be effectively re-branded with products of large corporations. I'm an independent developer and already have a generic one being sold and can use it...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Old Mc Stopher
135 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Is there an alternative to a non-compete in California?

I have a new business idea and am talking to consultants and potential employees. I would like to get these people under non-disclosure / non-competes. However, both the other company and I reside...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 09:47
Blank
Brianb
21 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Should I use my company's IP?

I've been working for a company as a contractor for several months. While working for this company, I created some seriously sensitive IP. This is IP that is nigh on patentable. My employment with...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 21:13
Blank
John
11 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
3.75K Views
Are US NDAs enforceable in other countries?

Are NDAs a safe thing to do when hiring out of the country? I'm hiring freelancers to do some mobile programming work, and they reside in France. They have, very kindly, signed the NDA I provided...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 11:27
Blank
Zakman411
174 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Confidentiality Agreements for innovative uses of commercial software

I have a startup music business where I can produce, but am not limited to, an entire 18-piece big-band ala Hoyt Curtin ("The Jetsons", "Flintstones" etc.) overnight without any recording expenses...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 11:04
Blank
Gregarious
88 points

9 Votes
9 Answers
7.57K Views
Should I pursue someone who stole my idea?

I consult to companies. I specialize in problem resolution, project management, research and occasionally, if there's a call for it, development. Recently, I was contacted by a development manager...

asked May 7 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Traveling Tech Guy
155 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Identifying failing and bad start-up companies (for sofware developers)

I recently caught up with a former colleague, a mid-level software developer. For the last year, he has been at a failing (badly), self-funded, single-owner software startup. According to him, the...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 00:49
Blank
Mqv
52 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
What counts as the "really secret stuff" which shouldn't be shared with potential investors?

After reading significant opinions on NDAs and how they might apply (see this article for example), I'm wondering, what counts as the "really secret stuff"? What's reasonable to keep a secret from...

asked Feb 19 '11 at 06:02
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.21K Views
When is an NDA valid? OR How generic is is too generic?

There are a lot of questions up here about NDAs but I didn't see anything for more generic forms. Here's my issue: I'm a software engineer and have written some iOS (iPhone/iPad) software. A...

asked Jan 30 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Ryan
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
What mutual non-disclosure agreement do you use?

What non-disclosure agreement do you use? Did you get it online? Would you be willing to share it for the world to use?

NDA
asked Jan 1 '11 at 01:02
Blank
Webnet
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
Building an "A-Team" -- How to Retain Ownership of the Idea?

[Multi-part question with similar introduction because I thought the questions would be more useful separately.] Hi all, I'm currently a one-man dev team with what I believe is a killer idea. I've...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 03:17
Blank
Goober
131 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
5.03K Views
How do I get funding without "spilling the beans" on my idea?

I've got an idea for a product and I want to get funding. How do I go about looking for funding without telling too many people, or the wrong person, about my idea? I don't want it to be stolen.

asked Nov 18 '10 at 04:42
Blank
Moshe
409 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.45K Views
When should a startup ask employees to sign NDA?

There are lots of contradictory opinions on signing (or not signing) an NDA. The position on this mostly depends on the point of view: is it an employee's point of view or an employer's one. In...

asked Oct 2 '10 at 18:23
Blank
Rem
352 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
59.7K Views
Signing an NDA as an individual, not a company

I feel my question is silly, mainly because I am unaware of the English legal terms. I am in the process of (legally) forming a small company for videogame development. I have created a game which...

asked May 1 '10 at 02:08
Blank
Bill
128 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
6.42K Views
Do I need an NDA for initial meetings with marketing agencies?

We are a new start-up currently building a CRM/Sales team management package that we plan to bring to market in a couple of months (we are based in UK). We already have our launch customers in...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 20:56
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
4.3K Views
NDA, should I sign it?

I have this open-source project I run (http://www.mediabrowser.tv ) a few months ago I posted on the business of software forum and my blog that I need to find a way to monetize it. Since, I have...

asked Dec 11 '09 at 14:53
Blank
Sam Saffron
432 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.82K Views
Legal document checklist (NDA, ...) when hiring part-time developers abroad?

I'm currently hiring some part-time developer abroad and wanted to make sure that I made them sign all the needed legal documents. So, normally in those cases, what would you make those future...

asked Dec 14 '09 at 15:59
Blank
Gommm
265 points