Pricing Questions

12 Votes
7 Answers
4.03K Views
Pricing Theory - What works, what doesn't, and how to get the most profit?

Many of you have priced several different types of products from digital to the physical. So keeping it internet centeric what pricing research do you do before going with an amount? And once...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 06:11
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.69K Views
How do I "make up" rates?

How do I figure out what to charge for freelance technology-related work? Every time I've asked online, I've been told not to ask.

asked Nov 18 '10 at 05:19
Blank
Moshe
409 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
Pricing model for sellers in an online store

I just finished setting up an online store that involves selling digital content, tangible items like clothes, events tickets etc. However, I have a little challenge on how to charge sellers to add...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 20:54
Blank
Stanley
59 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.68K Views
How much to charge for sponsorship spot on my blog?

I have been asked how much do we charge for a sponsorship or an ad in our blog... what is a fair price, do you charge per month, size, location in page? any tips will be greatly appreciated. The...

asked Oct 15 '10 at 01:12
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
How to find prices for bulk amounts of various materials?

I am constantly developing a range of ideas involving large quantities of materials. My creativity is often limited because I do not have any clue the prices of large quantities of materials. Right...

asked Oct 5 '10 at 20:36
Blank
David
1,567 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
How do I convince a client to use a computerised accounting system?

This is marketing question but don't know where to ask it. My possible client is relying in traditional manual accounting system. I want to convince him to use acomputerised accounting system. As...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 07:05
Blank
Kool Kabin
106 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
How to set ad prices?

I am looking for information/pointers about how to set the ad rates for a webiste that is targeting a specific niche. What's the reasonable flat price to charge based on banner sizes and...

asked Jul 16 '10 at 08:15
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
How can I cope with price/cost inquiry tactfully?

I'm a private English-Chinese interpreter in China. People often send Email to me to ask my rate. As soon as I tell them my rate, they often don't contact me any more. I don't think my rate is very...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 22:17
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
7 Answers
8.16K Views
How to tell a customer the price of my service

Many customers call me or email me to ask me about my rate. They often ask, "What is the best rate?" After I tell them my rate, they don't contact me any more. They virtually disappear. How should...

asked Aug 11 '10 at 00:12
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Pricing Sheet for Sales Reps

My company does custom web application development. We build applications based on the needs of the client, so our projects really vary in terms of requirements. We typically meet with a client,...

asked Aug 17 '10 at 04:06
Blank
Aac
85 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
Semi Start-Up - Pricing Negotiation

I'd love to get your feedback on the following: After several months of talking with the directors of this firm, I am near to closing the deal. Overall, they love our solution and want to move...

asked Jun 21 '10 at 10:03
Blank
Danny
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Starting New School 3rd Question

I've been discussing with my colleagues on how best to price the school. We've come up with some really innovative solutions. -Charge per session, allowing students to skip sessions that don't...

asked Jul 10 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Ryan Chatterton
921 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.37K Views
How do you choose the base currency for online and mostly international sales?

We are about to launch a website offering products. My "gut" feeling is that a good proportion of our customers will be based in the US. We are currently based in the UK, though that is likely to...

asked May 16 '10 at 17:40
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.99K Views
When should we start showing prices?

For a company that has just started, when should we show prices to customer? Right when the application is live on day one or when the application is stable enough to be used by real customer?...

asked May 25 '10 at 19:37
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Webdesign business, show price or not?

We are webdesigners, and we sell websites, we are about to renew are website. Would you suggest to show some prices on our website or not? I mean stuff like like: "we sell 2/3 pages static website...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 02:21
Blank
Marco Demaio
175 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Crossing the chasm - your advices for single guy moving a product from free alpha to paid beta stage

I'm a developer and I work in my spare time on a small mac app: http://totalfinder.binaryage.com Current stats: 15K users (who are updating the app with every new release) the web ~500 daily...

asked May 2 '10 at 19:01
Blank
Darwin
148 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.59K Views
Multiple Currency Management for SaaS Payments

We'll soon exit the beta stage and start charging for our SaaS solution. We're based in Italy so we work in Euros. We think we should also offer the solution in US Dollars, however we find it hard...

asked May 7 '10 at 23:47
Blank
Deleted
655 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
What Is Your Opinion On "Freebie Marketing"?

From Wikipedia - "Freebie marketing, also known as the razor and blades business model, is the concept of either giving away a salable item for nothing or charging an extremely low price to...

asked May 15 '10 at 16:49
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
How to charge a customer for a tailor-made solution (ERP)?

We are designing a tailor-made ERP application for a SMB customer whose processess are very specific and have been very succesful for the last 20 years. Question is: How to charge for the project?...

asked Mar 11 '10 at 02:41
Blank
D Llamas
11 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
5.25K Views
Got an offer to white label one of my products. What do I do?

I got an offer to white label one of my products. They want to determine pricing/conditions, etc. I would appreciate any advice on how to best deal with this situation.

asked Mar 25 '10 at 04:39
Blank
Miguel Hernandez
78 points