Credit Cards Questions

7 Votes
7 Answers
4.11K Views
Accepting payments... subscription plans

So, I am a total newbie when it comes to payment processing, acceptance of payments, subscription plans, etc. I've recently built out the SaaS offering and will be in beta with it through the end...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 18:17
Blank
Igorek
886 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
The effect of my personal credit on my new LLC

If I have "less than stellar" credit, does this mean that my new LLC starts off with the same "less than stellar" credit ranking?

asked Dec 10 '10 at 21:57
Blank
B. Kennedy
66 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.25K Views
How can I handle occasional credit card transactions?

I use Paypal to handle payments. Recently I found out they require the customer to have an account for large transactions. However, it is impossible for a corporate credit card user to create an...

asked Dec 11 '10 at 07:55
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.15K Views
Can you act as a white-label payment service built on top of a payment processor?

Can a company who has a merchant account act as a white-label "middle-man" between another merchant and a payment processing company like Paypal? For example, a white-label company offers an API...

asked Sep 12 '10 at 15:04
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.41K Views
Do you have a recommendation on a micropayment credit card processor?

The transactions on my website are between $0.99 and $5.00. Paypal and other similar processors, charge 2.9% with a $0.30 transaction fee. This fee structure (particularly, the transaction fee)...

asked Sep 20 '10 at 18:58
Blank
Jason
26 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.59K Views
Accept Credit Card payments in the US - Europe based company

We're a European based startup planning to sell domain names and digital goods into a niche market and will focus primarily on the US market. The only current option for accepting credit card...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 08:13
Blank
Roland
33 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.42K Views
High total credit card processor fees. Is going Paypal only good idea?

My revenue from my online business is getting lower over time and my credit card processing fees has approached 25% of my revenue. I am getting upset with all the fees the credit card companies and...

asked Mar 21 '10 at 13:46
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.34K Views
What do people think about Intuit's online credit card processing?

It turns out that Intuit does online credit card processing. See here. What do people think about their services? How do they compare to Google Checkout or PayPal? Are there any horror stories?

asked Feb 23 '10 at 11:46
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Accounting for personal credit card

I have a personal credit card that I use for both personal and business purchases. Ideally, I would have a separate credit card for each. Until that is sorted out, how does my business spending on...

asked Jan 29 '10 at 12:01
Blank
Joel
126 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.08K Views
What do you do when you can't issue a refund?

I have a customer who is demanding a refund for a purchase made in August 2009. Usually my approach is to give refunds without a quibble, even if they are outside of my 30 day no questions asked...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 06:38
Blank
Nemmy
527 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
4.43K Views
What's the Best Credit Card for a Start-up?

I've been using our debit/bank card to make purchases, and I'm not entirely comfortable putting that out there. I'd also like to potentially be earning points for things, although I don't want to...

asked Nov 21 '09 at 00:36
Blank
Josh Sam Bob
1,578 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.1K Views
Accepting online debit/credit payments in Italy

According to Wikipedia, accepting online credit card payments is possible in Italy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debit_card#Italy. Anyone have experience implementing such a solution? Who has a...

asked Oct 13 '09 at 02:42
Blank
Friism
111 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.32K Views
Barriers to truly global payment processing?

As a startup in Australia, one of the problems commonly faced here is getting a suitable payment service that customers world wide can use. It seems that since the implementation of global AML/KYC...

asked Oct 11 '09 at 10:24
Blank
Anthon
470 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.74K Views
Components of a payments system (end to end)

What are the components of a subscription/payments processing system/platform? Does anyone have a good explanation of how providers like Zuora, Authorise.net etc. come together?

asked Oct 11 '09 at 10:48
Blank
Anthon
470 points