Ecommerce Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.83K Views
As an international student on student visa in US can I sell goods online? if yes how?

Can I signup for a merchant/seller account of either Paypal, Google Checkout , Amazon Checkout using my credit card info and receive payments for the products sold online ? Would my credit card...

asked Mar 15 '11 at 04:39
Blank
Saurabh
11 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
How should I charge web customers for small transaction amounts?

EDIT 1: So in short, is there a free way for me to get $1 from a customer and send that $1 to my bank account. If free is not an option, what is the cheapest way for me to get that $1 to my bank...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 19:09
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Best way to pay users

Lets say I make the next google ads service (hypothetically speaking), how can I pay my users in more or less real time? with minimal or no additional cost to the company.

asked Mar 17 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Nami
113 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.32K Views
Do I need 1099-MISC forms for someone paid via paypal?

If I pay someone via paypal, do I still have to fill in the 1099 and/or w forms?

asked Mar 17 '11 at 19:00
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Our site sells an expensive product most people only buy once. How do we encourage word of mouth promotion?

Our start-up will sell engagement rings online. We recently discovered that a major source of traffic for the market leader is word of mouth recommendations. We know that great customer service,...

asked Mar 20 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Isn't there a standard for categorizing products and services?

I am building a database of products (and services) and need to put similar items in the same category. That's got to be a common need, and I don't want to recreate the wheel. For example, a...

asked Mar 6 '11 at 08:57
Blank
C. Scott
85 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
What is the most affordable combination for taking credit card payments online from around the world?

I have looked at the similar questions posted and believe mine is different - please read the specifics of my question below: Assuming we do not want to use PayPal (or Google Checkout etc.), it...

asked Mar 8 '11 at 01:28
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.49K Views
How can a company prevent or protect themselves against post-delivery fraud?

How can a compay selling high-value products protect themselves against post-delivery fraud (including but not limited to returns fraud)? Can we insure ourselves against fraud or somehow pass on...

asked Mar 9 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Social Media Auction website startup

I need more vendors to join my startup, likebids.com, but I only have 10 so far. Can anyone give me more information on where to find the right advertisers that would be interested in our...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 12:12
Blank
Like Bids
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.39K Views
I am starting a global e-commerce business - what are the benefits of registering in a tax haven?

Which tax havens would you recommend for this and why? When should we register - early on or once we are earning a certain amount?

asked Feb 24 '11 at 21:48
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Online payment solution Spreedly vs Authorize.Net

Possible Duplicate: What is the best merchant processing solution? I plan to sell online space for multimedia solution and charge user per month (everymonth) or yearly. This would primarily be...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 06:37
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Putting limits to technical support for software services, is it good?

I have recently established a company to sell ecommerce software as SaaS. There are some leads that request proposals from me. I am in a dilemma. There are two risks that I want to avoid: I want...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 20:00
Blank
Mert Nuhoglu
116 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
4.05K Views
Looking for an elegant and basic ecommerce solution

I am looking for a low cost, low volume, and very simple to setup/use ecommerce solution for a friend to sell home made goods (e.g. photo boards and knitted scarfs). There is likely to be little...

asked Jan 3 '11 at 00:53
Blank
Mrwooster
143 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
What is the best invoicing tool you have discovered?

We're running an online store of electronic devices, and we need to start creating invoices for our clients. What is the best invoicing tool you have discovered?

asked Dec 16 '10 at 12:09
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Suggestion for my eCommerce business. [Selling developed software]

I have developed few software products for micro to small businesses and a security product. I want to market these products but I can't spend much on paid online marketing. I am noticing that...

asked Dec 30 '10 at 18:44
Blank
Rpk
208 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
What term is the business world equivalent to the term “social media”? (Or help us coin the term right here!)

My business will provide an automated “tool” that can be used as part of the pre-sales/pre-purchase process. A by-product of using this tool is the creation of a network of buyers and sellers. (In...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 01:56
Blank
Cesel
128 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
A few questions to help understand the ANGEL / VC "game"

Curious on thoughts about this topic. I will say for us it has been frustrating at times, we are sure it is for others. From what we understand there are incubators, angels and early stage...

asked Nov 18 '10 at 21:02
Blank
Xs Direct
275 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
Set-up Online Store (e-commerce) in USA

We are based in India and wish to set-up online store of Organic Products (Food and Textile) in USA under a brand name. I have few questions about this: - Do we need to set-up a company there i.e....

asked Oct 26 '10 at 18:44
Blank
Manuj
51 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Can anyone suggest a good cart/printing solution for high quality prints?

I have been looking into creating a site that incorporates multiple area artists' work into a centralized shopping experience. Basically, there would be an option to purchase the original and an...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 22:27
Blank
Mfg
246 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
Pricing model for sellers in an online store

I just finished setting up an online store that involves selling digital content, tangible items like clothes, events tickets etc. However, I have a little challenge on how to charge sellers to add...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 20:54
Blank
Stanley
59 points