Fulltime Questions

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.47K Views
BigCo vs Freelancing.. and then Startup

I'm in a bit of a pickle - I'm trying to build a startup, solo, to start - I'm burning the late night oil at nights and weekends. I currently have a well paying job in IT at a top 10 online...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 23:39
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.26K Views
Founder Stock Split in a startup (Full-time vs. Part-time founders)?

A & B have started a company a few months back. Both of them have built the product together and are equally enthusiastic about its success. However, Mr. A has been involved full time (in the...

asked Sep 1 '13 at 03:58
Blank
Andysax
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Equity split for non day-to-day founder

I wish that my equity situation for my new company were easy; unfortunately it's not - so I'd love feedback and thoughts. I met with a well connected business person (we'll call him Karl), and he...

asked Jan 14 '13 at 11:32
Blank
User22529
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
Amount of time needed to allot to CEO responsibilities

Interesting story. I'm 15 years old. Im planning on launching a start up. Now obviously, there are concerns that I have, not necessarily about the performance of future employees, but my...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 10:27
Blank
soup123
43 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Boot-strapping a startup

At what point in a boot-strapped startup do you know its time to go for the gold and have both co-founders go full-time with an idea? Currently, I'm the sole technical person. I'm finishing up...

asked Nov 10 '11 at 10:16
Blank
Meow
56 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.27K Views
A Lazy Entreprener - the Full/Part Time Dilemma

Question: Can a lazy entrepreneur/perfectionist make it? I am 50, single, and after 15 years have built a very nice sole prop web design business. I became more disciplined last year and might...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 10:30
Blank
Randy
249 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.81K Views
Go from full time developer to contractor?

I am currently working as a full time software developer in the USA. I have a B.S. in Computer Science and over 4 years of professional experience (so I'm still sort of in the junior developer...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 12:53
Blank
Andrew
18 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.36K Views
Is a startup a full-time job?

For the last 5 years I was in a PhD program and I'm currently in the writing phase of my thesis. In addition I work on my startup, for the last 4-5 months. However, due to limited time, the startup...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 21:22
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
Getting VC funding but one partner doesn't want to dedicate full-time

I would really appreciate your guidance and advice. Great community. I am a co-founder of a two year old start-up that is finally getting proper VC funding ($1MM injection). Currently, the...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 05:09
Blank
Sbeekar
26 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.97K Views
Full-time vs part-time and equity

At the moment, my co-founders and I are working on our startup part-time. We're in the process of figuring out how many shares to allocate to each person. If one of us quits their full-time job to...

asked May 19 '11 at 06:19
Blank
A Fake Username
86 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.7K Views
How to vest founder equity with full time and part time cofounders

Here is the situation. I'm working with two other folk on our startup and we are now planning to incorporate. We're trying to figure out how to allocate founder equity between ourselves. So far,...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 08:09
Blank
Matt
113 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.98K Views
How do I manage my time as my startup grows?

I am in between blogging daily and running a new expansion to the blog where we expanded into a new social network, this means managing features, launches, marketing, PR etc. what are the best...

asked Dec 11 '09 at 15:25
Blank
User1875
76 points