Hire Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.44K Views
Does a candidates appearance / behavior on social media effect your hiring decision?

Before hiring someone, most startups try to find out as much as possible about them by hitting Google and checking their publicly available social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,...

asked Jul 8 '14 at 16:55
Blank
Carl Rosas
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.87K Views
If a candidate's first question is about salary, is that a potential red flag?

During an interview, when asking candidates if they have any questions, if they first question they ask is about their salary, is that a negative?Would be an indication that they haven't bought...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 13:58
Blank
Alvin Smith
14 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.19K Views
What criteria should you judge candidates on when hiring?

We are looking to hire our first two employees and have no prior experience in recruiting.What are the most important things that we should look for in a candidate?The first would obviously be...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Dennis Fidler
2 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
Amazon Mechanical Turk alternative for international startups?

Amazon just decided to limit the companies requesting jobs on their MTurk platform to those in the United States.How can startups that are based abroad request jobs ("hits" in Amazon lingo)? Are...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Marilyn Chitwood
22 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Finding a job through LinkedIn by emailing companies you like?

What's the best way to go about finding a job through LinkedIn?Should I just start sending invites to connect to startup founders and then when they accept, make my case about wanting to work for...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 01:10
Blank
April Byrd
5 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.54K Views
H1b transfer for new small corp c startup

How easy/doable/possible it is for an early small (two man) funded start-up to hire someone how is now working with H1B for another company and we apply for a H1B transfer for him to come join us?

asked Jun 1 '13 at 17:44
Blank
I Code
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
Do I need to Incorporate to be able to hire legally?

Do I need to register OR incorporate my start up to be able to legally hire people? This start up will be in India. Can I give written appointment letter if I am just a sole proprietor? Will it be...

asked Apr 24 '13 at 17:55
Blank
Abhijit Navale
245 points

11 Votes
3 Answers
2.7K Views
How to start a company for my website and hire programmers without risk of losing my code?

I have a gaming website that is making me around 3000 Euros monthly. I see great potential to expand this website but it's not a 1 person job and I need to hire a programmer to help me speed up the...

asked Jan 3 '13 at 00:32
Blank
Sina Balochi
56 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.2K Views
What if we got funded?

What if we got seed funding (say $350k) and needed to find an iOS developer and backend web developer right away. Do you: a) Hire an agency to help develop the app b) Find a freelancer to...

asked Aug 13 '12 at 07:46
Blank
Ender Parker
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
How can I get a multimedia video designed for my company?

In order to build our website we need to create a short 1 minute video about our project similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHhwxvQqxg.

asked Nov 13 '11 at 09:08
Blank
Jay Chag
6 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Unsuccessful job posting, what did I do wrong? What should I focus on?

First, it is not my intent to abuse the Q&A forum to hire people, I'm asking about what I've done wrong. I've removed my company name, details, and industry from the posting below. I'm a new...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:35
Blank
Incognito
123 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
Hiring from Competitors

I am thinking of hiring my staff from my competitor's firm, are there any legal issues in doing so? Both for my firm and for the new joining staff member? Additional details: To be more specific,...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 02:05
Blank
User8226
197 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
How do you hire your first people to your startup?

I really wonder how do you hire your first employees if you were working on an internet startup alone. I really wonder if there are experienced people which started their startup alone and expand...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 14:08
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
Hire a College Intern

How should one go about trying to offer internship to students at XYZ university? And is it even possible for a startup company? Some sample conditions that would be under...

asked Mar 24 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points