Tax Questions

Entrepreneurs can set up their business as a Sole Proprietorship, C-corporation, S-corporation, partnership, non-profit, Limited Liability Company, or Limited Liability Partnership.

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Does a UK company pay tax in the USA?

I was looking at a previous question on the subject and it mentioned a form 1120-F for foreign corporations. Does this mean that foreign corporations who do business in the USA must pay US...

asked Mar 6 '12 at 02:56
Blank
Steve Jones
3,239 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.55K Views
Forming an LLC-living in CA, related permits, tax treatment

My scenario: I currently reside in CA. However, I will be locating to the state of Washington by the end of 2012. I (no other employees) am starting a 100% online service-based company, which will...

asked Mar 7 '12 at 10:53
Blank
Karen
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
What state do I need to file taxes in for my online business?

We have an online web development business with no true 'physical' address. We have incorporated in DE, I reside in CA and use my address for the contact information and my partner who is a true...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 06:55
Blank
Jason Craig
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
How customs and other documents are cleared , while receiving or sending

We have recently planned to launch an eCommerce Store. We have certain products which which we want to ship to the international market too. But when I choose to ship items individually it cost me...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 05:37
Blank
Simsons
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Tax help for a c corp

Possible Duplicate: Tax services for an almost non-existant corp Im a first time entrepreneur and need some help filing the tax return for my c corp as my budget is very limited for hiring an...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 09:25
Blank
Fred
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
I formed an LLC on November last yr and dissolved it on December, should I report this LLC to IRS?

I formed a Delaware LLC on November last year, and soon I found that the c-corp is more suitable for my situation, so I decided to dissolve this LLC, it has been dissolved on December last year...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 09:12
Blank
Silent
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.29K Views
LLC profit/loss distribution in case of mid year ownership change

I understand that profit/loss is distributed among the LLC owners according to their ownership stakes. What about if profit/loss if the ownership stakes change? Say for example, there are 3...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 15:49
Blank
Timecapsule
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.83K Views
Selling assets of my company, can I treat as capital gains tax at 15%?

I've been approached by people wanting to buy the assets (not stock) of my company (single member llc) which consist primarily of my mobile app its source code the server code that supports the...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 10:39
Blank
Kirk
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Filing US income taxes for income from working from home for Bahamas-based company

I am a salesman for a Bahamas based domain name registrar and hosting company. I work out of NY from my home and am a US citizen. How do I report my income to the IRS? The company I work for...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 01:52
Blank
Gian Guisi
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Tax obligations of foreign operations for a US LLC

I live in a country where corruption and bureaucracy are widespread. Opening a business takes months and costs a lot of money, and will require one to hire somebody solely for handling all...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 23:55
Blank
User
192 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.85K Views
What are the tax implications for a US company paying a foreign worker (Australia, Germany, Canada, etc)?

Since there's no way to issue a 1099 (and it would be worthless), what's the correct way to 'pay' a foreign contractor or employee without setting up a company in that country? From my research,...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 00:18
Blank
Michael Pryor
2,250 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
A start up with 10k award, formed LLC, now how to pay my tax

I have a start up that received 10k award from a business competition. I formed LLC to start my business, now my question is how can I minimize my tax reliability. 1) Should I state in my return...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 15:56
Blank
Josh
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
Can I myself have two contracts with my own UK ltd company?

I'm soon going to register a limited company in the UK. I know that any ltd company is a separate entity, and if I want to get paid from the company I'll have to be employed as its director....

asked Feb 5 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
1.96K Views
Managing taxes, quarterly filings - what am I looking for?

I'm not sure what the name of the service or person(s) I'm looking for, so I'm asking here hoping I can find the right thing to search for, and maybe even some recommendations. We need someone we...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 19:08
Blank
Chris Moschini
121 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
LLC Tax Laws ::: Groupon Vouchers

TheCompany, LLC is a Groupon type service that offers local business discounts in the form of a redeemable voucher. I, TheCompany.com will offer a platform that businesses can make "Daily Deal"...

asked Feb 7 '12 at 08:07
Blank
Dan Kanze
118 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
VAT and customers outside EU

I've been reading up on VAT as it looks like this year we may need to register. We are in the UK, and sell digital goods on our website (one piece of software). As I understand it, if someone...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 22:33
Blank
Tom
480 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Can I claim back in expenses costs of my uni degree?

I've registered a UK limited company which is going to sell online language courses. Can I claim back in expenses costs of my university degree, if the degree is highly correlated with what my...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 07:23
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Canadian Selling a Website to British Pub

I've started a freelance web development company. Up to now all my clients have been based in Canada and I have been collecting taxes for the government. I have been contacted by a Pub in the UK,...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 03:06
Blank
Philip K
166 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.21K Views
tax question regards to a dependent with a llc

My question is a bit different, actually. I am a 18 years old who owns a single member llc since last july. The llc had been not making a penny but loosing money for the last months and I expect...

Tax
asked Jan 29 '12 at 08:29
Blank
Henry
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.45K Views
Taxes on non US-resident LLC owner?

I am working on launching an online product site and registering it as an LLC in Delaware. I am a non-US resident and will get the company registered through LegalZoom.com or Incorporate.com. It...

asked Jan 30 '12 at 19:48
Blank
Ali
179 points