Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
What are the required licenses for an e-commerce website branch?

I am planning to start a branch of my friend's e-commerce website (based in India). I am a USA green card holder, and I want to open a branch in Chicago so that I can trade all across the US. Can...

asked Jul 20 '13 at 09:32
Blank
Speedy
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.71K Views
How do I convince my customers they should advertise on my website?

So i've been doing research on how to price advertising on my website. I have a nightlife guide website for a tourist destination where I highlight the most reccomended to go places, and I write...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sergio
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.54K Views
Is it possible to procure venture capital based on in-progress ideas?

I hope this is not the wrong forum for this question, but I can't find one in the Stack Exchange "family" that would be more appropriate. I have ideas for two web sites which I think will be quite...

asked Jun 28 '13 at 10:14
Blank
B. Clay Shannon
123 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Incorporate company for running a web2.0 website to be used globally

I live in India. I need to start a social networking site here for the indian users as well as spread it to users abroad in USA, Europe, Australia. As of now, I start as a 1-man startup. I need to...

asked May 22 '13 at 21:01
Blank
User01
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Do i have to register with government for a Charity initiative site?

By profession I'm a software developer and recently me and my friend have thought of creating a web application that totally focuses on charity to underprivileged or providing things to the needy....

asked May 24 '13 at 17:36
Blank
Vikneshwar
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Charging by coding hour

I was wondering and am having trouble finding... ballpark figures for what people charge by the coding hour (the market rate). I understand that there are many factors that come into play here that...

asked Apr 27 '13 at 03:23
Blank
Random Us1r
123 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Getting coupon partners - help!

I have a coupon website and I have approached a few online stores and offline stores to partner with them to offer their coupons. Very often I get this answer from them "coupons are unsustainable....

asked Apr 8 '13 at 19:16
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Noob with a high potential profit idea.. in need of advice..- Heavy traffic expected -

I have an idea for a website that I am willing to invest any amount of money in to have it created successfully. Fortunately for me, funding will not be an obstacle. However, I do not have anywhere...

asked Apr 11 '13 at 04:20
Blank
Tucker Harris
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
What is a good model to use to estimate membership growth over time for a dance video tutorial website?

I plan to make a website that has video tutorials for a specific style of dance (lets say like swing or salsa). I used: Google AdWord Keyword Tool and typed in "online dance classes" and...

asked Apr 15 '13 at 07:08
Blank
Ezperenza3410
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
4.6K Views
Is it necessary to build a mobile version product website in order to promote mobile app

I was wondering, is it necessary to build a mobile version product website, in order to promote your mobile app? I take Evernote for instance, I do not see they provide a mobile version product...

asked Apr 24 '13 at 15:28
Blank
Cheok Yan Cheng
119 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.33K Views
how important is user interface for a web startup

I am writing a new website. The functionality works fine but the user-interface is decent but nothing catchy (as my design and css skills are poor) It is quite clear than even an average web...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 19:37
Blank
Arahant
116 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.46K Views
Length of Sign-up process- help?

I am starting a website consisting of info of local shops. now I am in a dilemma over the vendor sign-up process, I want to know should I do it one of the following ways - just ask for contact...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 20:46
Blank
Stanford Sequeira
42 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
How to structure SaaS website

I am not sure how to structure website for our SaaS product. Basically we want to tell 3 things: what is product about (it's relatively new and to our potential customers (small businesses) yet...

asked Mar 6 '13 at 23:39
Blank
Matej Zlodej
273 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How to have reliable developers and securing code from being stolen

I have couple of concept for website but they require immense coding and designing. For that I am planning to hire developers and designers [Contractors]. As I know this is going to take couple of...

asked Mar 15 '13 at 22:23
Blank
Zerotoinfinite
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Private Label eStore clothes or wedding

I want to have a private label estore, selling clothes, preferably wedding dresses. The clothes do not need to be white labeled. The clothes can have brands etc. I'm looking for the estore that is...

asked Feb 22 '13 at 14:16
Blank
Martin Ivanovich
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Is it possible to start a self sustaining web design business with limited finances and experience? Do i need a partner?

I want to start a web design company, and ultimately a brand name. I am hoping to acquire skills, financing, and contacts simultaneously. Is this possible? Can one generate enough money with...

asked Mar 1 '13 at 01:57
Blank
D Keifer00
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.71K Views
Online Advertising for Startup Website

I am looking to monetize my start-up website by adding advertisements to it. After doing some research it seems I should look at Pay per Click (PPC) rather than Cost per Thousand (CPM) or some...

asked Feb 17 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Chris
120 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.69K Views
Is it legally right to put movie/music/games cover art on a website?

We want to launch a website where we put information about movies, music and more. Each item (movie, music etc.) will have it's own page. On this page there will be some information about the item,...

asked Feb 2 '13 at 04:17
Blank
Oskar Persson
109 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
4.08K Views
Starting local (non-English) news portal, where to get free content? Paid content at reasonable price?

Starting local news portal on specific industry. Lets assume, that this is healthcare news, and portal is in French. Question is: where to get news sources for that portal like latest news and...

asked Feb 7 '13 at 21:56
Blank
Mark
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
'Using' others' ideas - what's the legality?

So a bunch of friends are always pitching ideas to each other. One day, one of my friends does one of these "this would be a great idea for a site". It's blown off as another of his 'ideas', but...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 09:29
Blank
Mark Mayo
106 points