Investors Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
What questions can I expect from investors when pitching them my idea, and where can I find the resources for those answers?

I've just applied to Y Combinator and was wondering what kind of questions I might be asked and where/how I should research to know the answers.

asked Oct 17 '11 at 11:11
Blank
Dan
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.27K Views
Where should I go with my idea?

I am almost finish with my Web application. I was thinking to go to California and present it to angels. Is it a good place to find angels? I is there places I should go to meet people that can...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Jean Nicolas Boulay Desjardins
162 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Can you issue a Convertible Note to be converted prior to series A?

Situation: Closed initial kick-start seed investment with angel investor. Deal was done on an equity basis equaling a postmoney valuation of 400k. Have a few FFF who would like to invest small...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 12:53
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.86K Views
How much of this company should I as -and angel investor own?

I current own my own business and make quite a bit of profit. Well I am looking into other things and found some friends that have a good idea that I am interested in. These friends only have the...

asked Oct 24 '11 at 04:46
Blank
Cappy
26 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Why would you want to avoid "participating preferred stock"?

There's a really nice info graph on techcrunch explaining dilution of stock. http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/13/understanding-how-dilution-affects-you-at-a-startup/ After reading it I wonder if...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 11:53
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Investors willingness to pay founders to enable full t-ime effort

I have read all the streams here on this topic but didn't find an answer to the following specific concern: I am one of two founders of a new web service of an idea I first developed months ago...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 23:10
Blank
D Moore
174 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.66K Views
Investing in a start up, how to determine the value?

I'm considering investing in a company that a friend of mine has started, as a means to help him bring his plans to fruition quicker, and hopefully making a decent profit. The start up company is...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 10:37
Blank
Pearson Art Photo
138 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
What will happen if an individual invest in the company before it goes public?

Lets assume the example of Groupon which is going to be public this year or next year.Suppose if someone invests $100Million in the company,will its valuation increase for the individual or for its...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 18:34
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Finding investors for a website, how it works?

This is a very basic question. I have a startup website which has a business model. The website is basically a non-profit organization focused at a certain group of people and has a cause (not...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Chimpanzee
102 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
What are the requirements for raising capital for IPO through private placement?

Well I am trying to raise capital for upcoming IPO's.I would appreciate for the answer of these questions. 1.What are the requirements for raising capital by Private placement memorandum...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 21:29
Blank
Himanshu Prasad
51 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Is having a "day job" in addition to being Founder a plus or minus to potential investors?

Like many start-up Founders, I have not quit my day job. I will be thrilled when I can, but for now having to work double shifts is the only feasible way to make ends meet. This is even more true...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 00:55
Blank
Richard H.
175 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
When asking for funds from an investor, how do I decide my own salary?

I will be speaking with a potential investor soon. And I will be quitting my job to run this startup. I will also be the only one running the startup for at least the first 6 months. How do I...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 05:12
Blank
G Amboo Ka
108 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
2.78K Views
But can't that big competitor with lots of money do what you're doing?

I have a startup idea that improves upon an existing idea in a uniquel and differentiated way. Let's call my idea "David". However, there exists a very large, well-known competitor,...

asked Sep 19 '11 at 23:46
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
Does everyone need an investor?

As the title says, does all startups need investors? What about web applications that are made by a colleague team with costs only the hosting server? What If they have an office too, nothing too...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 12:45
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
What to be aware of, careful of when getting an angel investor

I recently started an LLC with a friend and we developed and manufactured a product, but we really need an investor. We do have a rich friend and he wants to invest, but we don't have a good idea...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 03:06
Blank
Mike D
16 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.38K Views
How do you respond to an unfriendly VC?

I contacted a VC after being introduced by a mutual friend. A couple of days ago I received an email with an arrogant & a little too proud attitude. My options: Ignore him (I'm not dependent...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 06:29
Blank
Fgfggfsfgssfdsfsdf
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Exclusivity Contracts, good or bad?

Recently at a meeting with a prospective client, my co-owner and I were introduced to an interesting situation. Our product will be going into beta fairly soon, and we are making the rounds to...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 01:33
Blank
Bwasson
1,162 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
As an intern at a startup, how worried should I be about feasibility?

One summer when I was in college I worked as an intern for a spinoff company started by a professor, developing a new technology. I had worked for this professor on the same idea while it was still...

asked Aug 21 '11 at 20:37
Blank
Some Ee
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
What to include in our funding requirements?

We're a small group of IT students and recently we came up with an idea that we're going to pitch with business plan in an event hoping to get feedback and funding from investors. (Ok, I read that...

asked Aug 24 '11 at 23:37
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Receiving investment into bank account

We are a UK Ltd company with 2 directors. We have a business bank account set up. We have spoken to lawyers and managed to obtain all necessary documentation. It's an exciting time! The investment...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 03:24
Blank
Tom
480 points