Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.32K Views
What's a better marketing strategy: big-bang or ramp-up?

What's better? By big-bang I mean an all out blitz of press releases and marketing coverage in order to generate a lot of buzz for their startup. Ramp-up, obviously is the opposite, usually means...

asked Jan 10 '10 at 09:30
Blank
Joe A
1,196 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.4K Views
If you were to choose an Enterprenur as a partner what qualities do you prefer to see in them?

what would be your selection criteria. The qualities of an enterprenur are written everywhere would that be enough for you? Is there anything you know as a quality that an enterprenur should...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 19:23
Blank
Francis Eager
38 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
6.44K Views
Do I need an NDA for initial meetings with marketing agencies?

We are a new start-up currently building a CRM/Sales team management package that we plan to bring to market in a couple of months (we are based in UK). We already have our launch customers in...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 20:56
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.48K Views
How do I nurture my customer leads?

If I am capturing leads from my marketing activity, how do I nurture them, keep them live, and move them towards close?

asked Jan 12 '10 at 06:02
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
What should you monitor about your company in social media?

There are various tools and advice about what you should be monitoring in "social media," meaning Twitter searches, blog searches, etc.. What kinds of things should you monitor? Are there broad...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 06:00
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
Twitter subscription spam

Personally I've no idea about how to use twitter for marketing other than opening a twitter account and posting links about our product. Today I was looking one of our competitors account there...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 09:41
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
Best way to build community for this online debate site?

I am in the process of reaching out to various groups on linkedin/digg/reddit/twitter to find participants. Anybody have input on my idea, or advice on the best way to organically grow this...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 18:36
Blank
Robbie
40 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
SEO Supercharger - Fact or Fiction?

I've been getting a pitch from a company called Blackwood Productions about some SEO services that are supposed to greatly increase my organic traffic. Without going into all of the specifics, does...

asked Jan 14 '10 at 11:36
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.04K Views
When is the right time to release the product?

Most people have said that releasing the product as early possible is more important than getting it right. But how early should you release it? Sometimes user won't come back and won't consider to...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 14:48
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Is there a good book on website marketing?

Especially when the users are almost zero

asked Jan 17 '10 at 22:19
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.47K Views
iPhone App Idea: Will it work?

I've been developing my first iPhone app for awhile. Mostly for learning purposes. I'm starting to have some other app ideas and am wondering if I should start developing those or go ahead and...

asked Jan 18 '10 at 07:30
Blank
User1926
148 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How to market in a heavily saturated field

I've recently launched an ecommerce startup which I've been working on in my spare time for the last 2 years. Now that I'm finally ready to market I'm not sure exactly how to proceed. I think it's...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 09:01
Blank
Eli
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.52K Views
Best Method for Advertising Mobile Application

We are looking to get the most bang for our buck, what is the best method for marketing our mobile application? Are there services that specialize in marketing for mobile applications? Any...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 15:38
Blank
Gulu Apps
41 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
6.95K Views
I created a software product. How and where do I promote it?

So I had an itch to scratch, and out came my startup. Granted it's a simple product, but what it does it does well. Now that it's launched and available for purchase, I'm at a loss for where to...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 03:23
Blank
Jeff Paquette
161 points

10 Votes
4 Answers
3.53K Views
How to request a review from bloggers?

We do have a product without demo, we only give out evaluation copies to potential clients and people who'd like to do a review the product. It's a long story why we don't have a demo, suffice to...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 07:54
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
3.74K Views
Cost of Building Website?

We are briefing Marketing agencies next week about activity relating to the launch of our product (CRM system that is SaaS). Can people please advise what the ball park cost for a website like...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 00:32
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points

11 Votes
8 Answers
4.82K Views
What tips do you have for running a booth at a tradeshow?

Eric Sink says that tradeshows are like sex: When it's good it's really really good, and when it's bad, it's still pretty good. It's easy to waste a lot of time and money at tradeshows. But also...

asked Dec 19 '09 at 11:05
Blank
Jason
16,231 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
3.02K Views
Giving away free licences to universities, charities and open source projects

How do you feel about giving away free licenses (original price: $2000 ) to universities, charities and open source projects of your software to spread the word? Is it a good idea? Shall we...

asked Dec 20 '09 at 00:13
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

13 Votes
7 Answers
9.92K Views
Should we offer a money back guarantee? If so, how?

I'm starting a web site with another founder that proof reads university and college student's papers and essays. Users upload an essay and pay us then they get an edited of the paper back and a...

asked Dec 20 '09 at 10:26
Blank
Vindexus
126 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.58K Views
Subscription Pricing Starting Strategy: start high and lower, or start low and raise?

With a subscription based web application aimed at businesses: Is it better to set the initial price at the high end of what you expect people would pay and lower it if it becomes necessary, or...

asked Dec 21 '09 at 17:55
Blank
Daemin
323 points