Payments Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.23K Views
How Should I Price My Products or Services

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle the Pricing...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 00:54
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Is it possible to deposit money in an unverified PayPal account?

I created an unverified PayPal account. However, I was able to send a money request email to my wife and there, the big Pay Now button exist and seems to work. Is it possible to get money from...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 21:05
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Reasonable share in startup company

I am working on a startup project (software) and I'm really enjoying it. I think the company has great potential. Up until now, the work has been part time and I've been able to fit it into my...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Johnny X
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.75K Views
What payment scheme would be a good choice for my project?

I am trying to figure out a good payment scheme for my project. I am just confused now. :( This project involved 3 actors. website admin who provide the service/system publisher (who sell space...

asked Jul 16 '11 at 12:34
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Switch straight to paid saas?

I have a successful tool that has received lots of buzz for the past week or two. The tool is currently free and I hope to adopt a freemium model. I have the following options and I can't decide...

asked Jul 5 '11 at 23:12
Blank
Lee
8 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
How much should a technical cofounder be paid?

I have the following skillset: xhtml, js, jquery, css, php, C#, asp.net, mysql, oracle, etc. I would be the tech. co-founder of a startup with 2 other co-founder (business end) and be the sole...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 09:27
Blank
User9968
229 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Is it a bad idea to have a direct credit card buying option on my website?

I'm preparing a digital product that I'm going to sell in the days to come. I am a programmer, so I don't have any problems in preparing my website and even setting Paypal to handle my payment...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 19:49
Blank
Spyros P
132 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.09K Views
Online Merchant Account/Payment Gateway for Non-U.S. based Businesses

As many of you - who do not live in the us - surely know, it's near impossible to find an online merchant account/payment gateway other than paypal standard for non-us based businesses. If there's...

asked May 30 '11 at 03:38
Blank
Sotkra
141 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
How do I get payment processing in Mexico?

As suggested by Nielsen in another thread, here I am asking directly: What merchant accounts/payment gateways are there available for Mexico-based businesses BESIDES paypal website payments...

asked May 30 '11 at 13:13
Blank
Sotkra
141 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Micropayment solutions outside United States?

I have a small project that sells legal music online, per transaction is less than a dollar so the traditional payment solutions are not my option because they charge too much fee. I found out that...

asked May 22 '11 at 23:28
Blank
Raymond Ho
126 points

11 Votes
7 Answers
6.91K Views
First employee at Y Combinator funded company

I may have the chance to be the first employee of a startup going to the YC summer 2011 program. The thing is I think they are planning to cover my expenses but not to actually pay me or offer...

asked May 16 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Andy Boot
228 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Insuring against non payment

If after doing the necessary credit checks, after loaning someone some money, they don't pay it back after a period (how long would this need to be?) is there a way I can indemnify my business...

asked May 16 '11 at 07:13
Blank
Ryan
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Question about how much informaiton I should collect for my digital downloads store. Paypal is the only payment gateway!

Paypal is the only payment gateway! so, my current system only collects seller's PayPal email addressed and create buttons based on that email address. since its all digital downloads, there will...

asked May 6 '11 at 16:19
Blank
Andy Carlson
28 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.71K Views
What is the most economical way to pay people and companies in India from the US?

For the past several years we have used Paypal to pay freelancers and outsourcing companies in India. But as of March 1, 2011, it appears that Indian banking laws have changed and we can no longer...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:14
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.12K Views
[UK Contracting] how much to put aside after being paid?

I'm a new UK contractor, and I've just had my first payment and was wondering how much I should put aside and how I go about actually transferring the cash from my business account to my...

asked May 7 '11 at 18:47
Blank
Martyn
128 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Need suggestions on naming payment options

We mainly use PayPal as our payment processor on our website. Of late we're seeing that PayPal is having issues with corporate credit cards. Moreover, going forward, PayPal won't accept payments...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 05:17
Blank
Ankur Jain
566 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
First time credit card processor?

Does anyone have any experience when it comes to jumping directly into your own credit card processor and merchant account with an online startup? I know some merchant accounts require you are...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 09:44
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Send payments to credit/debit cards

Does anyone knows about a company/service/way that allows to send payments to credit/debit cards? I want my website be able sending to worldwide affiliates their commissions that way.

asked Apr 14 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Quantme
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Moneybookers Not Accepting Payments but Accepts Competitors (legal action?)

I currently run a poker startup which sells datamined statistics. I've been trying to accept payments from a merchant called moneybookers as they are very popular in the poker community. They don't...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 04:47
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
18.7K Views
Sale of licenses (license key) for Air apps

How (what services use) to better organize the protection, payments, sending license keys for shareware Air applications?

asked Apr 7 '11 at 05:42
Blank
Astraport
186 points