Payments Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Taking and making payments between users

I am in the nascent stages of developing a service that will allows some users to request a certain task and others to perform those tasks. Money in from the user requesting, company takes a small...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:24
Blank
Joshucar
91 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
How to pay content creators

I am developing an iOS app that provides educational content, created by professionals (teachers, professors, etc). New content will be added continuously. The number of content editors is limited...

asked Mar 14 '11 at 18:24
Blank
Drstupid
123 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
If my company is in Australia, I sell into anywhere and the work is done anywhere who's taxes should apply?

Basically as the title suggests, the tax situation is getting grayer over time as new business models emerge. We are considering one where the app is hosted "somewhere", the company is currently...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 12:18
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
How should I charge web customers for small transaction amounts?

EDIT 1: So in short, is there a free way for me to get $1 from a customer and send that $1 to my bank account. If free is not an option, what is the cheapest way for me to get that $1 to my bank...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 19:09
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Best way to pay users

Lets say I make the next google ads service (hypothetically speaking), how can I pay my users in more or less real time? with minimal or no additional cost to the company.

asked Mar 17 '11 at 01:14
Blank
Nami
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.77K Views
Startup without company?

If I have access to a big hall/room in a building I own and I wanted to convert it into a personal gym. Then one day I say to a friend, you can use my gym if you give me $100 a year, and I will...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Oshirowanen
201 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
What is the most affordable combination for taking credit card payments online from around the world?

I have looked at the similar questions posted and believe mine is different - please read the specifics of my question below: Assuming we do not want to use PayPal (or Google Checkout etc.), it...

asked Mar 8 '11 at 01:28
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
12.8K Views
How can you reduce the number of credit card chargebacks for a website selling high value products that are vulnerable to fraud?

From this question on Merchant Account Chargeback Ratios, one answer suggested that websites selling high value items will have higher charge backs because more criminals will attempt to purchase...

asked Mar 8 '11 at 20:27
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
How can I charge a cellphone carrier company?

I run a web service. I receive payments / donations through paypal and I'm considering mobile payments. http://www.boku.com/ and paymo do this. I would like to see if it's beneficial for me to...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 08:22
Blank
Mikhail
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.08K Views
cleverbridge for online payments

We are looking at somone to handle online payments for us and we came across cleverbridge. They seem like a pretty full featured solution, however they dont list pricing on their website. Can...

asked Mar 13 '11 at 06:26
Blank
Pdeva
111 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
Redirect user for payment or let them stay on your site?

I am using Paypal subscription for charging the customers monthly. When they sign up, I have an option of either redirecting them to the Paypal site to enter the credit card details or gather this...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 05:12
Blank
User3462
345 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
Should I give a discount when people pay with credit card

I have a software product (price around 700 USD). Some customers use PayPal, which is very low-touch and easy for us. Others want to do the whole procedure: RFQ / price quote / PO / invoice / wire...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 01:04
Blank
Philippe
297 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.11K Views
Good options for credit card processing

I'm bootstrapping a micro-startup hosting service with very, very little capital. All of my customers will have recurring billing with a possible trial period. Initially I integrated with...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 05:54
Blank
James
139 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.96K Views
How to start an online payment gateway provider

I would like to know what it takes to provide an online payment gateway like worldpay paypal etc

asked Jan 28 '11 at 15:46
Blank
User6890
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.58K Views
Upgrades, Downgrades and Cancellations in Paypal recurring service

I plan on using Paypal for a monthly subscription service and would like to know how to handle the Upgrade/Downgrade/Cancellation from users: For cancellation, is it recommended to develop the...

asked Jan 15 '11 at 10:17
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Newbie PayPal confusion: Do I have to inform PayPal each time I leave my country otherwise it will limit my account?

Recently my account was limited by paypal while I was traveling. when I called them, they told me that I was limited because I tried to access my account from abroad and that I needed to email them...

asked Jan 24 '11 at 21:28
Blank
Brown And Friendly
43 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Which page flow will have better conversion rate?

Which flow will have a better conversion rate? I am designing the page flow for a website that is a of a monthly subscription type. Here's the page flow options I have: Home Page (Try now...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 02:26
Blank
User3462
345 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.53K Views
We're a US-based company that has been asked for an EU VAT id - what to do?

Surely we aren't the only ones that have faced this. A new customer of ours (based in the UK) is trying to set us up as a vendor and sent us a form to fill out. The assumptions on the form are that...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 04:55
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
B2C - Should I have a free plan?

For a B2C subscription service, is it recommended to have a free plan? Based on my research, users who sign up free plan suck up a lot of support resources and a number of well known services have...

asked Jan 8 '11 at 11:56
Blank
User3462
345 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
4.11K Views
Accepting payments... subscription plans

So, I am a total newbie when it comes to payment processing, acceptance of payments, subscription plans, etc. I've recently built out the SaaS offering and will be in beta with it through the end...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 18:17
Blank
Igorek
886 points