Payments Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Need advice on invoicing client

I'm doing some part-time work building a web app. I believe in the project, and the work is pretty fun, so I'm billing hourly, with 50% of my hourly fee due when the work is finished, and another...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 09:12
Blank
W. Matthew Wilson
104 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Suggestion for my eCommerce business. [Selling developed software]

I have developed few software products for micro to small businesses and a security product. I want to market these products but I can't spend much on paid online marketing. I am noticing that...

asked Dec 30 '10 at 18:44
Blank
Rpk
208 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.63K Views
Third-party subscription payment processing like Recurly?

Does anyone have any experience with third-party subscription payment processing services like Recurly? What else is there?

asked Dec 4 '10 at 07:31
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
Are there services that handle subscription payment for web applications?

I currently run a startup that sells an iPhone app through the App Store. I love that the App Store takes care of the work of charging users, collection of sales tax, basic reporting, etc. and just...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 12:35
Blank
Bill
198 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Getting paid for a service as an individual vs as a company

I am interested in offering services like computer repair or programming. However it's not a business I will be running. It's more like getting paid for helping. This "help" is an extra source of...

asked Nov 29 '10 at 07:04
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
10.6K Views
Paying remote contractors?

Let's say I hire some remote contractors. Some are based in the US, and some are international. I want to pay the contractors on a bi-weekly basis. What is the best service to use for paying my...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 11:31
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Payment structure (Micropayments vs um, regular payments)

So this question has to do with customer perception on billing. We're looking at the benefits of micropayments vs regular payments. Our business will have a series of charges from $1 to $5. When...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 22:41
Blank
Adam
205 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
4.33K Views
How does a business owner take money out of their business

Let's say I own a business selling widgets on the web. I'm incorporated, most likely an LLC. The business is doing really well and there is a lot of cash flow. Since I'm separated from the business...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 06:17
Blank
Keith
138 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
Using Paypal for accepting online payments

Reading posts on this site I came accross the strong advice for any serious business to stay away from Paypal as an instrument for accepting online payments. On the other hand lots and lots of...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 22:47
Blank
Rem
352 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.11K Views
Accepting recurring payments for a startup in the Netherlands

Our startup SaaS company is situated in the Netherlands. We think accepting both credit cards and PayPal covers most (obviously not all) possible payment methods. What do you think about this? So...

asked Sep 30 '10 at 23:55
Blank
Apple
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
How to determine interest on overdue payment, based on terms of the contract

So, like most of the people starting out with own business, I picked a boiler plate contract and made minor modifications and used for a client project. You might already be familiar with this...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 12:52
Blank
User4568
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Can anyone recommend a merchant account?

I need to open a merchant account to work with authorize.net. I am looking for one that is US based and will accept a reverse auction type of website. My original plan was to go with cdgcommerce...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 03:19
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
What type of insurance does an online payment business need?

I'm offering an online payment solution that other business will build upon. I'm going to have a service agreement that will promise certain things such as quality of service, uptime, etc. I will...

asked Sep 10 '10 at 09:03
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
3.16K Views
Can you act as a white-label payment service built on top of a payment processor?

Can a company who has a merchant account act as a white-label "middle-man" between another merchant and a payment processing company like Paypal? For example, a white-label company offers an API...

asked Sep 12 '10 at 15:04
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.41K Views
Do you have a recommendation on a micropayment credit card processor?

The transactions on my website are between $0.99 and $5.00. Paypal and other similar processors, charge 2.9% with a $0.30 transaction fee. This fee structure (particularly, the transaction fee)...

asked Sep 20 '10 at 18:58
Blank
Jason
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Do I need to collect Tax IDs from website users that I'm paying via paypal on an incentive basis?

Hi I have users that are submitting content that can be rated by the community. The top users, based on the popularity of their contributions, accumulate points in their account that (for now at...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 00:16
Blank
Marc
113 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.22K Views
Is there a service I can use for cheque mailing?

I am keeping track of commissions earned by my customers in a database. Each month, I have the amount they earned and their Names and Addresses. I can easily automate the generation of the lists...

asked Jul 17 '10 at 05:16
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.16K Views
How can I collect payment from my client?

I am an interpreter and business assistant. How can I ask for payment if there is no written agreement beforehand? What can I say to my client?

asked Aug 15 '10 at 20:08
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.01K Views
How do I structure a payment plan for my website?

I plan on making my website a paid one and have a question about structuring the payment plan. Think of the website as an ecommerce site selling very low ticketed items (as low as $0.05). Since...

asked Aug 19 '10 at 13:10
Blank
User2306
232 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.37K Views
How do you choose the base currency for online and mostly international sales?

We are about to launch a website offering products. My "gut" feeling is that a good proportion of our customers will be based in the US. We are currently based in the UK, though that is likely to...

asked May 16 '10 at 17:40
Blank
Morpheous
236 points