Billing Questions

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Is it alright to ask for payment for a website when it is done, but before client supplies text/images

We make websites and have frequently been in a situation where a site is finished, but the development is dragged on for another month because the client can't find the time to provide the site...

asked Nov 10 '11 at 23:40
Blank
Mirov
384 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.75K Views
Client wants a "bill of statement". Is this an invoice?

I've never given a "bill of statement", and I can't find any reference to it online. However, before we start work he asked for a bill of statement in order for his bookkeeper to write out the...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Mirov
384 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.1K Views
B2B SaaS for Gyms and Personal Trainers

I am developing a application for gyms and personal trainers. I already have a few beta users in the states but some UK gyms have already expressed interest in using the software. Should I offer it...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 06:36
Blank
Chris Stroud
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
How much is a client worth?

One feature of my new web app is the evaluation and ranking of clients (it's aimed at small service providers). At the moment I have the following criteria: Size of billing Payment speed Amount...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 06:16
Blank
Steve French
621 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
45.5K Views
Is it OK to include my bank info on an invoice?

I am doing some freelance work. I am about to send an invoice and in the footers I am writing that payment can be made by check at the address X, paypal to Y, or bank transfer. Is it OK to include...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 02:34
Blank
Nute
143 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
UK based subscription web app - best payment provider for $5 per month payments

I am currently developing a SaaS product and am at an impasse in terms of how to charge. The subscription is only going to be $5 per month. Although I'm in the UK, my main market is going to be...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 18:35
Blank
Sam Delaney
28 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.08K Views
[UK] Pros and cons of self billing for first time contractor?

I've just started my own company and I'm initially contracting - I've been asked if I want to send invoices, or do self billing. I've had a look online and I can't see any reason not to self bill,...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 18:46
Blank
Martyn
128 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Online payment solution Spreedly vs Authorize.Net

Possible Duplicate: What is the best merchant processing solution? I plan to sell online space for multimedia solution and charge user per month (everymonth) or yearly. This would primarily be...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 06:37
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.68K Views
Bill for the upcoming month or for the previous month?

Do saas apps typically bill for the upcoming month or bill for services provided during the previous month? If it's for the upcoming month (charging per user), how do you deal with someone who has...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 13:48
Blank
Jc01
116 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
4.12K Views
Accepting payments... subscription plans

So, I am a total newbie when it comes to payment processing, acceptance of payments, subscription plans, etc. I've recently built out the SaaS offering and will be in beta with it through the end...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 18:17
Blank
Igorek
886 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Payment structure (Micropayments vs um, regular payments)

So this question has to do with customer perception on billing. We're looking at the benefits of micropayments vs regular payments. Our business will have a series of charges from $1 to $5. When...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 22:41
Blank
Adam
205 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Billing a Customer: Programming job

Say a client wants to add something to their extranet webapp which I'm renting out to them. For any customization, I charge an hourly fee. Do I just give them how many hours I worked? New feature...

asked Oct 29 '10 at 14:07
Blank
Level1 Coder
113 points