Co-Founder Questions

What are the pros and cons of starting a business alone versus with cofounders? How many founders are too many?

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.62K Views
How to find co-founders?

I have approached friends and family about my idea, but none of my friends are really into business like I am. Also, I come from a family of zero business owners. I'm starting college at a...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 12:48
Blank
Ryan
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Where I can find CMO or Director of Publicity as co-founder

I`m a social community website founder. By only one person, I make the site have over 8000+ members and about 100,000 Alexa rank. A kind of some famous social community in my country. But it is...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 19:51
Blank
Anlai
375 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.58K Views
How do I find a "techie" to help build a start up website?

I have a great idea for a start-up business, but need to find someone that would be willing to partner with me. I must find someone that is much more tech savvy than myself that can build a...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 07:21
Blank
User12435
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Partnership agreement advice -- I have the idea & ops, he has the marketing investment and industry exp

I successfully pitched a player in an industry about a business idea that offers a novel approach to creating leads in his industry. He presently runs a company that I'll call a "provider of...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 05:09
Blank
Springster
23 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Restricted stocks and co-founders firing each other

I am part of a 3 member start-up. When we started(6 month) ago we split the equity equally between us and signed a vesting agreement with a 1 year cliff. We have been having some internal...

asked Jul 25 '11 at 05:26
Blank
User12204
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
90 days and $XXK to get to the finish line?

This is a related question to another post I made here: Partnership agreement advice -- I have the idea & ops, he has the marketing investment and industry exp. But here's a critical issue that...

asked Jul 26 '11 at 02:19
Blank
Springster
23 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.5K Views
How would I split ownership if I'm typically the idea guy and leading the product development?

This question is very similar to this one: Revenue Split - I am doing 100% of the programming work, he's the idea man The difference however is that I'm typically the idea guy and will also be...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 14:42
Blank
John
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.61K Views
Start up on student visa in the US

Has anyone, on this forum, started a business on student visa (F1) in US?

asked Jul 31 '11 at 09:46
Blank
Sid
44 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Reasonable share in startup company

I am working on a startup project (software) and I'm really enjoying it. I think the company has great potential. Up until now, the work has been part time and I've been able to fit it into my...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Johnny X
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Advice on having my friend as a co-founder for this startup

I have a friend that lives in another country and wants to join my startup, working part time outside his day job. He said he'll work on weekends mostly. I've started it about 1 year ago working on...

asked Jul 16 '11 at 07:52
Blank
Leadgy
222 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
Code Copyrighted

What's the deal if you are: The only technical person on your start up / and or the one doing programming. Haven't made a penny 'on-the-books' in terms of your startup Is the code you write on...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 03:59
Blank
User9968
229 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
How should I structure my web start up considering one of my new partners is in Sweden?

I've started a website that has gained significant popularity. While we don't make any money yet I now require the help of another person. The individual that I have brought on lives in Sweden. I...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 15:30
Blank
Bgadoci
121 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
What can a co-founder do to have a say in the company when everything goes in favour of the main founder?

A two signatory account will be created but the main founder can sign without the co-founder signature; on the other side, the co- founder can not sign without the main founder's...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 02:58
Blank
Ola
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.74K Views
How much equity should I get as tech-cofounder?

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? I would be the sole on-site tech person, along with being 'tech-co-founder' There are two...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 03:26
Blank
User9968
229 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.83K Views
How much should a technical cofounder be paid?

I have the following skillset: xhtml, js, jquery, css, php, C#, asp.net, mysql, oracle, etc. I would be the tech. co-founder of a startup with 2 other co-founder (business end) and be the sole...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 09:27
Blank
User9968
229 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Would you have a friend be a startup advisor?

Is there anything wrong with having a friend (who cannot commit to be a co-founder right now) be a startup advisor to help the effort along? This is a friend who you'd prefer to be a co-founder...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 11:19
Blank
Eddy
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Bringing on equal partner after starting solely bootstrapped?

I came up with an idea for a startup, and after trying to start other ventures with non-paid partners I knew the only way to get this done right was to hire a developer straight up to code the...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 01:19
Blank
Patrick
6 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
3.25K Views
How to go forward after the death of my technical co-founder?

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend, who until recently was bootstrapping a startup (a social web app) with her husband. He was the developer and she supported the business in other...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 06:07
Blank
Greg
171 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.92K Views
How can I avoid being screwed by my co-founder

Im involved in a start up and I fear that at some point in the future my co-founder is going to screw me out my position or shares. What protections can I setup and what should I do avoid this from...

asked Jun 16 '11 at 15:06
Blank
Mack Arnold
36 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
What would be a reasonable equity when you execute on some one else's basic idea for less than market salary?

I am in some what a unique situation. I work for a friend owned software services company which has only 1 share holder - Founder & CEO. I joined them to execute on a product idea that the...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 09:22
Blank
Bsk
6 points