Pricing Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.11K Views
Can we adjust our yearly maintenance charges to customers to inflation?

We are currently building an application which will be licensed to customers. Customers then pay $x a year to for updates, maintenance and reviews each year. Would it be practical to adjust the...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 09:57
Blank
F21
142 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Free trial in a tiered SaaS application

Suppose I have a SaaS application which has several subsctiption plans (think "Basic" for 2 users and this much of storage space, "Starter" for 5 users... you know the drill) What will be the the...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 13:57
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
For market segmentation pricing... what is better for a software product: by features or by capacity?

what do you think is a better style for market segmentation pricing of a software product?... Option A: By features (Spreadsheet software example) - Edition Lite: $100 (features: macros and...

asked Oct 3 '11 at 17:48
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
price comparison business model

I would like to know how price comparison websites make money. Do use pay per click or other revenue models? Please be as detailed as possible and cite your sources. Thank you!

asked Sep 24 '11 at 15:40
Blank
Joao
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.65K Views
Should I charge more or less for monthly-subscription payment (vs the single one price)?

I'm building a software product that I will charge for X amount per license. Also, I want to give customers the chance to pay a monthly-subscription. Note: In both cases they will have access to...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 04:57
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
What is the best way to test whether people would pay for a web application?

I am currently implementing a relatively simple web application, as I'm trying to dive into Ruby on Rails. It turns out be going quite well and, in my opinion, it will appeal to a lot of users. But...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 05:19
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Pricing for the premium content?

We are in a process of launching a new start-up. It is a web based software application/platform providing business networking services. Although not directly comparable, however for the...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Subscription pricing for iPhone app

Are there any examples of selling iPhone apps - other than weekly magazines and the like - using a subscription model instead of a one-time app store purchase?

asked Sep 8 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Kevin Lawrence
277 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.64K Views
How feasible is a business model that sells fan T-shirts / cups for a small website?

I was trying to understand the concept of the business model of Kingdom Of Loathing They were doing stuff like selling T-shirts and cups, so basically I was wondering what are the benefits for...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 23:16
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Dilemma with pricing of a b2c site

I have a MVP for a B2C website live and am in the process of deciding the pricing and plans for the fully functional site. On doing some research on the competitors, it appears that they are...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 01:17
Blank
User3462
345 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Should I alter my pricing structure so that I can offer discounts?

I am in the process of developing a SaaS website and am going through the process of determining subscription levels and pricing structures. On top of the monthly subscription for the on-going...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 10:01
Blank
Chris Roberts
1,352 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Mobile Software Pricing - How do I find the right price?

My startup is developing a mobile web application for an established enterprise ERP/CRM software package. The software is essentially a mobile web application that is installed on the customers...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 20:52
Blank
Andrew
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.23K Views
How Should I Price My Products or Services

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle the Pricing...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 00:54
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
What's the best way to offer an educational discount online?

I'm thinking about offering a discount to students for a software product. I may even give them free licenses. What's the best/easiest way of verifying that someone is a student or an...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 01:13
Blank
Coder Dennis
691 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.58K Views
How to project product pricing for medical college/school

Our clients are medical schools/colleges. We have given a free product trial for 2 months with our first client. It is a unique product, there's a great learning process and we have had an amazing...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 00:11
Blank
Kumar K
11 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.56K Views
What can I do to increase revenue?

I have developed a tool, and I have gotten a great response from it. I have 400+ registered users and 15 paid users without any ads and stuff. Paid users pay $5.99/month to use this tool. Now I...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 06:02
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Alternatives to hourly rates for web design?

I've made this clear in some of my other questions, but for the sake of getting a more diverse viewpoint I'm asking a separate question. I'm 14 years old, but really passionate about web design. I...

asked Jul 2 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Purmou
147 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.47K Views
How to inform client of rate increase?

It's been 3+ years of service. No problems, great relationship. However, I need to increase the rate at which I bill as well as to tell them that I am no longer going to provide service for...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 01:09
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
How to get an LLC license for my Blog business?

I've been blogging for a while now and I would like to establish my blog as a business (LLC). I heard that its the best license that suits a blog business. Any suggestions as to where I can get...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Eddie Gear
14 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.03K Views
Proper Price to Charge Clients for Various SLAs

I am the co-owner of a small web development firm. We offer Ruby on Rails programming for our clients which mostly consist of small companies. We typically charge $80-$110 per hour. For 2/3 of our...

asked Jun 18 '11 at 10:10
Blank
Aac
85 points