LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.33K Views
Formulas for valuing an LLC for employee ownership plans

We're planning on offering some key early employees equity in our startup, an LLC, in the form of ownership shares. The benefits include: - proportional sharing in distribution of profits -...

asked May 5 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Karl R
113 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.82K Views
I have a site and a company. How do I actually put the site as owned by this company?

Essentially, a site is just something independent that lives on the Web. How do I actually associate that site as being protected under legal liability of my LLC company? Does it just happen...

asked May 9 '11 at 13:56
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Filing Estimated Taxes?

When I started my single person LLC earlier this year, I didn't expect to make a profit in my first year. As I understood it, I didn't need to file quarterly estimated taxes because I wasn't going...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 00:56
Blank
Skaz
254 points

16 Votes
3 Answers
4.51K Views
Overbudget and unable to complete software contract. What can I do and what can I expect to happen?

This might be a slightly long story, but I really would appreciate any help you can give me here. I am a young entrepreneur and currently run a struggling website development / software company....

asked Apr 26 '11 at 03:29
Blank
Shane
326 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.85K Views
How To Do Single Person LLC Accounting?

I am in a single person LLC, so I am allowed to file my taxes on my personal return and I don't have to cut myself paychecks. I would prefer to take all of the money out at the end of the year....

asked Apr 28 '11 at 08:38
Blank
Skaz
254 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
16.2K Views
How do you actually setup a vesting agreement for co-founders w/out breaking the budget?

I'm based in Hong Kong. I've read through a lot of information about share vesting for co-founders and realized that is definitely the solution I want. I'm now trying to figure out how to actually...

asked Apr 29 '11 at 11:04
Blank
Asim Hussain
41 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Which Delaware LLC package should I purchase?

If I am planning on starting an internet based LLC, which package should I purchase? Economy, Basic, or the Complete...

asked Apr 30 '11 at 02:12
Blank
Andy
81 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Deciding on a tax structure

I wish to start a small business and while at first the goal will be to strengthen a community it would be nice to possible make money in the end. A group of us has gotten together to work on this...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 16:36
Blank
Ak Geek
11 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
8.27K Views
What is the cheapest state to start an LLC in?

I'm curious about filing fees and annual taxes in the various states. Is there anywhere that breaks this information down in a clear easy to understand format?

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:13
Blank
Abe Miessler
264 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.18K Views
Is there any tax advantage or incentive to leave money in an LLC at the end of the tax year?

We're forming a 2 person LLC and part of what we're trying to figure out is how much to leave in the LLC to build up some capital reserves. Since an LLC is a pass through tax entity if the LLC...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 10:57
Blank
Todd H
196 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
U.S. customer perceptions of foreign based online services/applications

Were are working on an online service that will sell both digital and physical goods in the U.S. Orders for physical goods will be fulfilled by U.S. based suppliers. I am American but based in...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 03:57
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
6.15K Views
Formed Single Member LLC. What are pros and cons of filing form 8832 to be taxed as a Corporation?

I recently formed an LLC for my software side business. The income generated is between 5-10k a year. I have also filed and receivied a Federal EIN. I think I intend to take money out or "pay...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 23:36
Blank
Robby Pond
133 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.82K Views
LLC or S-corp for a 2 person California consulting company

My business partner and I currently work as independent contractors in California writing software and have decided to turn it into a real company. Ownership will be 50/50. All revenue will come...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 08:35
Blank
Todd H
196 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.82K Views
Separate Personal Bank Account for a LLC

I understand that you always want to use a business banking account for your LLC lest you lose legal protections by intermixing personal money with business money. Does the same apply if I were to...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 13:01
Blank
Awolf
106 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
Are EINs required for LLCs?

My business partner lives out of state (in WI), but our business is going to be an LLC in WA, where I live. We don't have any paid employees just yet (shoot, we aren't even getting paid yet!),...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 12:45
Blank
Jason Mc92
123 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.87K Views
What happens if we set ourselves to be the registered agent in New York for an LLC

We recently setup an LLC in New York State with Legal Zoom. Due to a mistake on our part or theirs, they set our registered agent to one of the partners at our company office. We usually won't be...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 07:49
Blank
Justin
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Options Paying a co-partner in an LLC

My partner and I are starting an LLC in california. We are in different financial situations, I have enough of a nest-egg to not take a salary, he does not and needs an income asap. We have also...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 13:28
Blank
Dbh21
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
Costs associated with starting an LLC in Massachusetts?

I am going to be starting a LLC business (wedding photography) and I was curious about the associated costs. The business will be registered in Massachusetts. I understand that an exact number may...

asked Mar 14 '11 at 14:01
Blank
Brian David Berman
140 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
Cloud-based accounting software

I am in the process of starting a business. The nature of the business is Photography (weddings, etc.). What would be a good accounting software solution (preferably cloud-based or SaaS)?

asked Mar 18 '11 at 05:38
Blank
Brian David Berman
140 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.83K Views
Prospective partner refuses to sign no-compete as person

After much search, it seemed that I have found a suitable partner for my IP based startup. Things seemed to have progressed well until I asked him to sign a no-compete agreement as part of the...

asked Mar 21 '11 at 03:55
Blank
Glen
31 points