LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Rules for using company's registered name

If I've a company registered as Abcd LLC, is it safe to write it as ABcd in email templates etc. ? or are there rules for that.

asked Sep 20 '11 at 00:41
Blank
Who Is Ninja
118 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
How do I set up a new company with multiple enterprises?

We want to start a single business with a variety of different offerings that have their own identity to the public. We have an overarching business name that we think we would register as an LLC...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 03:50
Blank
Connie
11 points

12 Votes
5 Answers
4.37K Views
Sole Proprietorship vs LLC

From what I read there are two basic types of business recommended for a single person business (in the US): Sole Proprietorship LLC My wife is looking to start a business for blogging/selling...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 23:20
Blank
Joel B
163 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
Online business and state registration?

I'd like to form an LLC for an online business in a state other than mine (I live in California), but am not sure about the state in which I should register the business afterward. The business...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 22:38
Blank
Claudia
52 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
how to convert a single member llc to a corporation

I'm thinking about registering a single member LLC to simplify tax reporting and costs involved with registration and maintaining a registered business. In the future, I'll need to raise capital...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Alex
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Can a personal checking account be opened to make purchases in an LLC?

I am wondering what is the best bank to use for opening a developer account with apple for selling apps. I have seen that many banks charge $0.40 for transactions which would make no business sense...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 02:40
Blank
Artie
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
When do we need to become an official company?

So I'm starting a new venture with a friend of mine. Basically, we are not going to be looking for seed funding, or really any funding for that matter. We are going to be up fronting the costs to...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 23:09
Blank
Slandau
203 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
How does a US Citizen living in Europe register an US based LLC from Europe?

I am a US citizen currently living in Poland (EU state) and would like to register a US based LLC from here. Is this possible? If so: How? How much is the cost? What are the positives &...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 20:35
Blank
Psylohi
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Pay a lawyer to convert partnership to LLC or do it myself?

I recently started a partnership (4 months ago) and now I want to convert it over to an LLC. We are starting to generate profit and we would like the limited liability protection. I've been...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 04:18
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
How will a registered agent protect my privacy?

If I get a registered agent for my LLC, does that truly protect my privacy? So if an employer, friend, coworker, relative, etc wanted to find out who owns the company, could it be done? What are...

asked Aug 24 '11 at 00:09
Blank
Cocoa Dev
122 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Foreigner opening online store in the USA

I'm from Europe, don't plan to move to the USA I will open an ONLINE store ONLY (no physical stores) Goods will be imported from Europe Shipping will be handled by the fulfillment company I am...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 09:04
Blank
Superbiz
21 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
5.15K Views
Out-of-state LLC for Amazon Associates?

I'm planning on launching a website that revolves around product recommendations and reviews, which would make use of the Amazon API to take advantage of their affiliate program. I was surprised...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 18:33
Blank
Alex
1,156 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
LLC or Business Trust w/DBA?

I have been working starting a small single person (me) business and I wanted to know what would be the best entity it should be organized as ... File a DBA with the registrant is a business...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 09:19
Blank
Frank Gf
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
I want to sell my company after 1 year and would like to pay long term capital gains tax. Should I go for LLC ro C/S copr?

I have read some questions and asked some people. I have not got the answer. I understand the basic difference between LLC and C/S corp . I am not sure about long term capital gains tax. Suppose I...

asked Jul 28 '11 at 22:17
Blank
Skillguru
344 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Withholding Requirements

I started an LLC in NY with LegalZoom back in January and have not been paying much attention to the "Withholding Requirements". I don't have employees and I'm not getting paid, do I need to file...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 04:34
Blank
Johnsmith11
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.81K Views
Forming an LLC in Delaware but members live in Idaho, California, and Texas

We recently formed a new LLC in the state of Delaware. The company is entirely web based and has 4 members located in 3 different states: California, Idaho, and Texas. The reason for forming in...

LLC
asked Jul 16 '11 at 07:19
Blank
Mike
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How do I register to pay taxes?

I've started an LLC in quarter 2, did some work and got paid. It was a great amount of fun! Now the terrible part. I need to pay taxes. I'm okay with that. I knew the day would come. But the...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 13:22
Blank
Wjl
115 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
How should I structure my web start up considering one of my new partners is in Sweden?

I've started a website that has gained significant popularity. While we don't make any money yet I now require the help of another person. The individual that I have brought on lives in Sweden. I...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 15:30
Blank
Bgadoci
121 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.86K Views
Several different busines pursuits--1 LLC, 1 LLC with DBA, or LLC for each

Just started a seasonal service based company last year. Currently, looking to open up a retail location with residential units above, and manufactoring a product that will be sold in tourist...

LLC
asked Jul 6 '11 at 12:26
Blank
Matthew
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
Ending an LLC in Michigan

I recently moved from Michigan to Texas. I did some research and i decided it maybe easier to end my LLC in Michigan and reform one in Texas where i currently reside. The laws are more conducive...

LLC
asked Jun 24 '11 at 00:17
Blank
Chrisjlee
195 points