LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
How to get an LLC license for my Blog business?

I've been blogging for a while now and I would like to establish my blog as a business (LLC). I heard that its the best license that suits a blog business. Any suggestions as to where I can get...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Eddie Gear
14 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
What is the process to transfer real estate you already own into a newly formed LLC?

I already own several investment properties. However I purchased them in my own name for various financing reasons as the time. Now I would like to move them into LLC's, most likely one for each...

asked Jun 30 '11 at 00:43
Blank
Opensourcechris
154 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.02K Views
When doing business in multiple countries, how should an LLC structure bank accounts?

Should there be separate accounts open at a bank in each country? Should they all be with one bank that has branches in each country, how is that typically done?

asked Jun 30 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Opensourcechris
154 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.32K Views
How to get hold of extra money if my company is LLC but elected to be taxed as S corp

I live in miami and am about to form an LLC. I have also decided that I would elect to have my LLC to be taxed as S corp. I will be the only employee for next 6 to 9 months. Since it is a S corp I...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Nick Vanderbilt
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.6K Views
Equal Member Against Placing a Buyout Clause in the Operating Agreement

My 3 man equal partnership disagrees on a key issue regarding placing a buyout clause in our operating agreement. One of the three is deeply against any buyout close for both his status as a member...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 08:50
Blank
Steve
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Most tax beneficial way to incorporate as a contractor

I am currently contracting as a software engineer on a W2, and I am thinking of incorporating. Which is the most tax beneficial way, an LLC, sole proprietorship, S-Corp? Keep in mind that at this...

asked Jun 18 '11 at 07:53
Blank
Christopher Perry
116 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Is there a tax liability for reverse vesting founder stock/units?

A friend and I formed an Oregon LLC in 2008 for an online business. Now we're up and running and both working on it full-time. Now we've both moved to Texas and want to re-form as a Texas company...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 03:39
Blank
Sean
134 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Is an LLC the right legal entity when considering investors in the future?

My partner and I want to open a franchise restaurant. I primarily want to incorporate to protect against random lawsuits. We haven't decided between fully funding ourselves or seeking investors. If...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Jhlu87
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Income Tax + Business

I'm looking into starting a formal business, and need a little help. I currently go to a public university and have a scholarship that is based on the fact that I, personally, don't claim more than...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 16:57
Blank
Zakman411
174 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
Donation Platform: LLC or a 501(c)(3)?

I am starting a for-profit online donation platform. My company currently is an LLC and I have gotten conflicting reports on whether or not I need to convert to a 501(c)(3) so that the passthrough...

asked Jun 12 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Tesmar
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Provide services to S Corp through LLC

I am part of an LLC along with two other partners. One of the partners wants to provide services to a company as a source of additional revenue. I am ok with that but since the compensation for the...

asked May 26 '11 at 10:19
Blank
Kan
46 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.29K Views
Do I need an LLC for a website that makes money from ads?

I was looking for some important startup advice for something I am trying to start. I am creating a financial planning/informational website with a buddy. The only way we are going to make any...

asked May 29 '11 at 12:15
Blank
Felipe
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.44K Views
How to determine the value of an llc

I have a two-part question: I need to know how to determine how many membership units should be issued for each member, including a new member.I have an LLC with three members. Each member...

LLC
asked May 19 '11 at 11:58
Blank
Renee
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5K Views
Moving to another state, do I need to relocate my LLC

I have an LLC for my custom software development business. It is currently registered in Virginia where I have lived for years. Now I am moving to NC because of my wifes work. Everything I do is...

asked May 23 '11 at 13:12
Blank
Justin C
838 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
6.61K Views
Rental Property LLC tax deduction advice

If I form an LLC and my new company buys a duplex rental unit, my understanding is the 'company' taxes will be a pass-through to my personal 1040 income tax forms, with the appropriate forms. I...

asked May 25 '11 at 06:53
Blank
Edward
26 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
4.87K Views
Company formation for a non-resident – Delaware LLC and London LTD

Got a few questions about forming a single member LLC in Delaware or LTD in London. I’m looking into forming a company abroad for an easier way to do business and billing (+ its cheaper) and am...

asked May 26 '11 at 08:10
Blank
Teekay
394 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.86K Views
Should I incorporate or do an LLC?

I am building a startup. Right now I am thinking of having a company that is an umbrella around the different attempts I make. Which would you suggest? Should I incorporate or do an LLC? What are...

asked May 11 '11 at 09:44
Blank
Chromedude
202 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.52K Views
Should company name include .com?

During the process of registering a LLC, it you are supposed to call it CompanyName, LLC.. My company is an online business. Is it best to register the offical name as CompanyName.com, LLC or...

asked May 14 '11 at 02:23
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
LLC with contractors

I am not a US citizen and I want to create a company and work with many contractors outside US. It will be software development company. Company will be delaware based LLC, and office will be...

asked May 14 '11 at 05:24
Blank
Vitaliy
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Is LLC the best option?

We are planning to sell iPhone, iPad and Android apps in US Market. We have a company in India having 4 directors. I think we will have to open up a company in USA for this. Do you guys think,...

asked May 14 '11 at 14:11
Blank
Abhi
31 points