Contractor Questions

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Contracting for the first time, constructing a contract

An old employer of mine has approached me to do some freelance work to which I have said I am interested. I explained that since leaving I have never done any freelance work so I would have to set...

asked Jan 26 '12 at 02:46
Blank
Mike
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Freelance work whilst in Full Time employment and Taxes

I am a Software Developer and I live and work for a company in the UK and pay PAYE taxes and NI Contributions through my wages for this jobs salary. I am looking to start working on a couple of...

asked Jan 19 '12 at 00:16
Blank
Penfold
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
If I can find someone who will work for an employee's salary rate as a contractor, should I hire them?

I am 1 year into my own Startup Software business and all is going well. We have enough money to hire someone and after pushing 90-130 hours a week for the last 4 months, I think it's a sensible...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 19:45
Blank
Optician
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Hourly Contracting Problem? Can Only Bill Limited Hours with Client

I am contracting (pay by hour) with a startup company building a web service platform (SaaS). I am a programmer. The company already has the prototype product, so my duty is to develop new features...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 18:32
Blank
Stan
111 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.92K Views
Where to find a template for a general-purpose Independent Contractor Agreement?

We want to hire some freelancers in the US, Germany, Russia and Japan. The book "The Business of iPhone App Development" from Apress references an Imdependent Contractor Agreement template. The...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 20:03
Blank
Openfrog
111 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.81K Views
Go from full time developer to contractor?

I am currently working as a full time software developer in the USA. I have a B.S. in Computer Science and over 4 years of professional experience (so I'm still sort of in the junior developer...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 12:53
Blank
Andrew
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Contractor to small business

I've been working as a contractor for a company for a few months now but I haven't signed a contract or a 1099 form, I just receive payment on services due when an invoice is submitted. If I start...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Lisa
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Background Checks

If I need to do a background search on a potential contractor, am I obligated to inform them and/or get their consent?

asked May 28 '11 at 08:22
Blank
Aj.
212 points