Salary Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.49K Views
Should my startup pay me?

I'm getting ready to launch a startup (currently have a C corp set up that I am running under). It has a platform under development, but I'm planning on having some ancilliary services to provide...

asked Mar 17 '10 at 00:38
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
4.01K Views
Whats the best way to pay yourself in a self-funded startup?

Is it better to run a payroll, pay all the extra taxes, so the company has more of a structure down the road when trying to do an angel round? Or leave the company out of it, and just use your...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 09:14
Blank
Doug G
446 points

9 Votes
8 Answers
7.95K Views
Open salary policy - good or bad?

In America salary discussions ("how much do you make") are generally a taboo. As such it is not much of a surprise that a majority of businesses do not make salary information public and some even...

asked Nov 7 '09 at 10:35
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
7.9K Views
How you decide your salary for your startup after getting funding?

No Salary before funding but what about after you get funding? I think Mint.com CEO mentioned in presentation about @30K salary he took initially. How do you come up with that number? How do...

asked Oct 28 '09 at 23:21
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
3.47K Views
When and how do you reward yourself?

(Note: I maintain a complete "firewall" between company and personal money, and the only way money goes through is with salary, loans, investments, or dividends.) When I took the plunge a few...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 09:09
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.48K Views
How do you decide on roles and salaries after you fund a multiple founder company

Hi I have worked in start ups all my life and love the life, but now I am a first time founder and have lots of questions. this is the most burning matter now. We are a groupd of 3 founders. This...

asked Oct 21 '09 at 06:46
Blank
User1026
16 points