California Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Is there an alternative to a non-compete in California?

I have a new business idea and am talking to consultants and potential employees. I would like to get these people under non-disclosure / non-competes. However, both the other company and I reside...

asked Nov 29 '11 at 09:47
Blank
Brianb
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
US web startup - what legal steps do I need to take

I am on the verge of being ready to launch a new web application. The application charges a small monthly fee to its users. It is hosted on servers overseas. However, currently, there is no legal...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 16:54
Blank
Guywhoneedsahand
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Where to incorporate software startup?

The scenario: we are a startup software company that will be selling our applications through Apple's network (iTunes and Mac App Store). One co-founder is located in Toronto, Ontario. The other...

asked Oct 7 '11 at 08:24
Blank
Chris
11 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
4.42K Views
California taxes for single-member LLC: did I get them right?

After reading and reading about taxes, I think I've grasped which taxes I should pay and when to pay them. Still, it'd be really great if someone could confirm I have it right. I will appreciate...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 06:55
Blank
Claudia
52 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.96K Views
Choosing between a California corporation and a NY corporation

Are there any advantages to establishing a corporation in California as opposed to NY? The minimum taxes ($800) every year that need to be paid in California is a bit of a turn off. Are there any...

asked Apr 3 '10 at 18:44
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
What happens if a startup fails in California?

What happens if a startup fails in California and has VC funding? I read in a previous question that companies incorporated in New York State, employee payroll liabilities of the business extend...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 15:03
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.88K Views
Getting Unemployment While Doing a Startup

A close friend of mine just got laid off. He has a real good idea for a startup and is about to get a business license and start working on it. He wants to know if this can have any impact on...

asked Nov 6 '09 at 07:57
Blank
Chris
4,214 points