Freemium Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.25K Views
Marketing Ideas for a B2C Startup

I have a paid B2C web app. I'm currently running a trial model but I'm working to convert it to the Freemium model after evaluating the potential gains and losses. Although my conversion rate is...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 14:19
Blank
Nick
173 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
B2C - Should I have a free plan?

For a B2C subscription service, is it recommended to have a free plan? Based on my research, users who sign up free plan suck up a lot of support resources and a number of well known services have...

asked Jan 8 '11 at 11:56
Blank
User3462
345 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.2K Views
When freemium goes bad, How to fix?

Basically we went down to freemium path quite a while ago, now got thousands of users who don't convert and free version cannibalizes sales (there is no exact way to figure out numbers on this one...

asked Dec 7 '10 at 09:23
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.83K Views
How should I best add paid features to a currently free site?

I have an existing site that has been running for a couple of years as a free service. It started out as a hobby but now I have my own startup, it is coming under that umbrella and substantial...

asked Nov 15 '10 at 12:40
Blank
Jtauber
309 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.88K Views
if Twitter charged for customizing your profile, would you pay for it?

It seems to me that people care enough about it to pay for it.(just search "my background") and personally, given the right price, I would. I'm asking this because I want to know when do people...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 02:36
Blank
Raed
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
Microtransaction vs Subscriptions

Instead of a monthly subscription, anyone can use the site but advance functions require credits/micropayments. For example, Basecamp - if you add more people its $2 per month per person. if you...

asked May 31 '10 at 10:11
Blank
Eric
352 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.47K Views
Freemium in user generated content/social service?

Could freemium be a good model of earning profit from user generated content services? Let's take same hard example - www.trapster.com. It's a mobile phone application for exchanging information...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 19:05
Blank
Pawel A
191 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.62K Views
(Basically)Freemium?

There has been some great discussion on whether or not "freemium" (i.e. offering a lite edition) is a good way to go: Lite Version or Trial? To Freemium or not to Freemium Free Trial vs....

asked Mar 29 '10 at 14:23
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
A list of well executed, balanced and succesful Freemium model based products

What products do you know of, products that have a Freemium model implemented well and successfully - meaning that there is significant count of paying customers in opposition to the count of...

asked Apr 12 '10 at 02:48
Blank
Woo Yek
66 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Framework for Freemium model in ASP.NET

I have a website that I would like to add registration and plans (ex: premium membership, free membership) and charge the customers on a monthly subscription basis. The existing website is written...

asked Apr 14 '10 at 09:11
Blank
User2306
232 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Should I give my product away for free in the beginning?

I own a website service that teaches people a language in a fun way (just one language for now). There are over 50 lessons now and members compete to earn the most points by completing a quiz game....

asked Mar 13 '10 at 07:27
Blank
Aaron
38 points

9 Votes
10 Answers
5.11K Views
To Freemium or not to Freemium?

There are numerous examples of SaaS products stuck with lots of users and few paying customers. The common advice is not to give away too much in the free plan and always be upselling. The best...

asked Feb 9 '10 at 07:08
Blank
Ashmaurya
140 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.8K Views
Why are big software companies going freemium?

There's a lot of criticism of freemium in the startup community, but in 2009, some of my favourite large software companies moved towards, rather than away from it. Atlassian started their $10...

asked Jan 12 '10 at 07:41
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Free Trial for January Only

We just launched our site 6-8 weeks ago. We use the freemium model to offer two services: gigs & jobs. One service is free with a premium upgrade available while the other service is always a...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 06:03
Blank
Doug M
26 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
How to consistently generate traffic and new customers for our startup?

Hey AOS, over the past few months, my cofounder Jason and I have been trying to figure out how to exactly launch Ramamia, our family sharing app. Link here: http://staging.ramamia.com We've been...

asked Nov 30 '09 at 09:07
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

14 Votes
10 Answers
6.03K Views
Is there evidence of better results with a free version vs. free trial?

Some companies opt for a free version in hopes of converting to paid. Others offer a free trial. I can see merit in both, but I'm curious what your thoughts are around which is preferred and why....

asked Dec 3 '09 at 16:47
Blank
Justyn
892 points