Interviews Questions

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.72K Views
How “private” should a job interview be?

This is the issue of privacy -- and is concerned with keeping everything "open" to an interviewee beforehand. If you're being "watched" during the interview (through a camera) by other people in a...

asked Aug 3 '11 at 19:53
Blank
Greengit
134 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Interviewing / hiring lawyers

What are some good questions to ask when hiring a business/startup lawyer? Also, other than asking these questions in person, what are some sources (online or offline) where we can do more...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 06:05
Blank
Jirad
105 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
How should one prepare for a screening interview with startup conference officials?

If an individual is contacted by startup conference (eg TechCrunch Disrupt/DEMO/Launch) officials considering about their application to launch at the event, how should the person prepare for the...

asked Jun 8 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Geekette
6 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.81K Views
Interviewing to re-enter the corporate world after start up "fail"

I'm following on this question regarding my start-up experience in my resume. Over a year ago I quit my consulting job to start-up a service company, and after 13 months we (my partners and...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 09:37
Blank
Saitam
36 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Tips for talking to online media?

I've landed a few interviews for our startup that is about to go live at the end of the month. Would really love some tips on how to talk to the media folks (editors of the news technical sites)...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 03:42
Blank
Igorek
886 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.04K Views
Job Interview Advice - Director of Product Development (VC backed startup)

I've been talking to a VC backed startup for about a month or so. Last week the CEO invited me to their corporate headquarters to meet the team. Seems like a good sign that they are flying me out,...

asked May 14 '10 at 12:22
Blank
Csumme
146 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
4.47K Views
What Questions Should I Ask When Interviewing at a Startup?

The ten years I've worked since graduating college have been for companies with more than 40,000 employees. I am being interviewed by a startup. The job seems to suit me and I am ready for the...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 07:07
Blank
Dean Brundage
256 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
What would you ask Neil Patel?

One of my all time favorite blogger / entrepreneur, Neil Patel, has agreed to let me interview him. I have a rough list of questions I will ask him but I would like to get a subjective view from...

asked Dec 15 '09 at 11:36
Blank
Montana Flynn
323 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
As an potential employee: what are the most important questions to ask when interviewing for a Startup?

I've work in my fair share of startups, and even today I feel like on every new one I still miss some important questions on the interview process: Financial: What is the burn rate, runway as the...

asked Oct 16 '09 at 02:13
Blank
User698
148 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.42K Views
Personality profiling for job candidates?

I've used a variety of personality profiles to gain additional insights on job candidates, regarding work and communication styles, energy levels, focus, drive etc etc. I have used the DISC Online...

asked Oct 24 '09 at 12:22
Blank
Manuel M
263 points