CTO Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Tech cofounder equity

Possible Duplicate: How to Divide Up Your Company's Equity I am teaming up with two co-founders to build a web platform. The two partners are business guys while I am the sole techie. I am in...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 05:18
Blank
Keith
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Share offer of a US company for non-US resident

As a small team of 2 developers, we have done a good job on developing the work of a client, which is now becoming a startup and founding a LLC, they want to give us a 10% equity of the company. In...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 10:44
Blank
Hellnar
116 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
16.2K Views
What is the difference between a VP R&D and a CTO?

Is there a difference in responsibilities? What is a VP R&D usually responsible for? Are these different names for the same position?

asked Oct 25 '11 at 16:38
Blank
Ita
81 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
Is formal business education important for startups?

I see a startup in my future, either the business or the tech side. I am a Computer Science major, what I want to know is if it is worth minoring in Entrepreneurship (or some other business minor)...

asked May 5 '11 at 01:01
Blank
Yoel
116 points

10 Votes
17 Answers
10.2K Views
Should a startup CTO know how to code?

A CTO can often be spread very thin, since they often have to run the product, engineering, IT, and anything else that is tech related (salesforce.com setup too). Do they have to contribute to...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 11:29
Blank
Craig Daniel
223 points

22 Votes
20 Answers
13K Views
How do I find a technical co-founder?

One of my friends is starting a company and he's looking for a technical co-founder to work with him to build a web app. Where should he look for technical co-founder? Some more details: He is a...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 09:09
Blank
Nivi
157 points