Naming Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Are there restrictions on names for an LLC in California?

I'm forming a LLC in California in the coming months and I have come up with a few good names. Can I simply pick the one I like best and run with it (have graphics made, etc) or is there a chance...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 01:25
Blank
Nick
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
What am I legally allowed to call my 'company'?

I'm a student, and I'm interested in making apps/websites. Thus, I registered for a Student account with App Hub {WP7 dev program.} I also made a website where people can play my HTML5/JS based...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 10:57
Blank
Java And C Sharp
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
PUN domain name suffixes

Possible Duplicate: Non .Com Domains - Does it Really Affect Branding? I have been meaning to get on with my idea and first thing - the domain for its website. Naturally it was already taken,...

asked Feb 18 '12 at 03:09
Blank
Kellogs
135 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
do I need to buy the domain suffix of my competitor's country?

I am lucky to have found the most ideal domain name with TLDs free. the problem comes in with local one of competitor's country here :) I thought generally buying all secondaries (non-TLDs like...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 23:16
Blank
Obady
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
7.06K Views
EU domain to start a business. Good idea?

This is my first question here, I am going to start a business, but as you know it's not easy to find a good domain .com (if you don't want pay hundreds or thousands $). I have found a good domain,...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 01:30
Blank
Alessandro Ds
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.97K Views
Is my new name going to be trademarkable?

Ok, I think I'm going to give up my company name (see here: Trademark infringement - does it really sounds that bad? ) Given my situation I need to make sure: Nobody will go after me again (it...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 07:05
Blank
Katit
276 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.63K Views
Which one of those emails are the most appropriate to give and print on cards?

I need your opinions about which email structure should we go with. For example my name is Gregory Gillespie. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] ...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 10:59
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Do I need to register a new business name to trade as it

I am currently working on a new start up, we have some capital and are currently "trading as" the potential new company name, through an existing business. My question is do I need to register...

asked Nov 21 '11 at 18:06
Blank
Cubed Eye
150 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
How do I set up a new company with multiple enterprises?

We want to start a single business with a variety of different offerings that have their own identity to the public. We have an overarching business name that we think we would register as an LLC...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 03:50
Blank
Connie
11 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
3.36K Views
Are there sites to help come up with new domain names?

It's getting a little difficult to come up with a domain name for a new idea I have. Most of the good names are either taken or parked. Is there a site I can use to get ideas for my domain names...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 01:37
Blank
User3462
345 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Thoughts on service motto

I am working on a service that makes certain aspect of project management accesible for regular stakeholders (i.e. non-techie users). I though that a motto like "[certain aspect] for mere mortals"...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 14:19
Blank
Aku
229 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
single word names vs multiword names

We are trying to come with some names for our new startup, and wondering if a multiword name is better than a single word names? The startup is going to be focusing on food/cooking. Some of the...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 08:05
Blank
Tehnyit
144 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
internet business name?

Ok im having trouble finding a company name that also has an available domain name. Now I want to know is it ok if I just register a company and than try and find a domain name that us not my...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 19:45
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
11.3K Views
Creative software company name suffix

A lot of technology companies, especially non-consumer facing, have a multi-part name. The first part can be almost anything... The last word, or suffix, is a more formulaic noun, common choices...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 03:00
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
3.6K Views
How a Game studio should be named?

I'm starting a game studio which targets the younger generation (children and teens). My questions are: does the name of the studio matter? if yes, how should I name it? and what are the things...

asked Jun 1 '11 at 17:23
Blank
James Bolton
4 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Do I have to have the company type in the name?

I'm creating a new startup in DC and corporating as an LLC. Do I need to have Company Name, LLC or am I free to name it just Company Name?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 05:04
Blank
Marco Ceppi
126 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.52K Views
What should we consider when naming a company related to technology?

I believe one of the hardest and most important things that will help a company to be successful is what name you put to that company. The name should be easy to remember and retain on customer's...

asked Apr 16 '11 at 07:30
Blank
Ramzi Nassar
13 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.74K Views
Branding vs. domain name availability... and the consequences to creative solutions?

With the introduction of more versatile domain names, people have been utilizing subdomains and clever suffixes to create more unique domains (ie. del.icio.us.) I've also come across others that...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 10:40
Blank
Julian Lloyd
126 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Using the word "should" in domain name

I'm deciding on a domain name and I like one, however it has the word "should" in it. Do you know of any reason that would be a problem ? Like people not being able to spell it or any such ?...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 06:35
Blank
Planet Unknown
105 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
Will people still use my app if I have an alternative spelling for my domain name?

abcTech.com is already taken and I'm thinking about registering abcTek.com. Sites like de.lic.io.us (I don't even know where to put the dots) still succeeded despite their horrible names (or maybe...

asked Mar 10 '11 at 00:44
Blank
Foxatlarge
11 points