Domain Questions

3 Votes
10 Answers
3.33K Views
I would like to get honest feedback about this domain name

What does this domain name tells you? what is your first impression when you read it? http://startupforward.com If you have a minute, just answer with the first thing that comes to your mind when...

asked Jun 17 '10 at 00:59
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
Company or Product name for domain? Which one for sells and SEO?

I will register all six names (.com, .net, .org) for both my company and my product. At the present, all six will reddirect to ONE of them, but I am not sure which domain should be my main, where I...

asked Jul 7 '10 at 23:17
Blank
Spiro
105 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Domain names price trends?

What should I expect to pay for a domain name that is held by an owner (in Panama, for what it's worth), but is not used or well monetized? It's a single dictionary word that was used as a movie...

asked May 20 '10 at 22:15
Blank
J Delage
277 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.37K Views
Having an "and" in a domain name, not recommended?

Is it bad practice? any SEO, usability or word-of-mouth penalty?

asked May 30 '10 at 09:25
Blank
Eric
352 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
Domain name with a number?

How do you guys feel about a domain name using a number (in numbers)? Imagine 43folders, or 37signals... (I always get those 2 confused and have to do a quick Google search oftentimes putting "37...

asked May 3 '10 at 11:22
Blank
Newyuppie
441 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.7K Views
Selling a high quality domain name

What is the best way to sell a high quality (dictionary word) domain name?

asked Apr 15 '10 at 23:31
Blank
Joel Spolsky
13,482 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.35K Views
what's more important - .com or name?

For domain names, how important is .com these days? Do you believe that a memorable name is more important? Sure, people tend to look down at some top level domains ( .biz comes to mind), but what...

asked Feb 22 '10 at 15:17
Blank
Jim Galley
9,952 points

4 Votes
9 Answers
2.71K Views
Is there any definitive list of reasons why you should always go with .com?

Is being a non '.com' website create friction amongst a set of internet users? Is being a .com really easier to remember?

asked Mar 3 '10 at 23:27
Blank
Eric
352 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.13K Views
Should I blog on different domains for personal and 2 different products?

How would you split your blog across your personal life and your 2 products? I would love to learn writing essays for this year and thinking of starting my personal domain. Not sure the content...

asked Feb 2 '10 at 23:39
Blank
Hendro Wijaya
1,408 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.72K Views
DNS Hosting Services

Can you recommend a good DNS hosting service? I'm looking for a happy median between the free (and not reliable) providers and the staggeringly expensive ones.

asked Feb 5 '10 at 02:24
Blank
Terence Johnson
66 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
6.77K Views
Online service for suggesting single word available domain names?

Any suggestions for a free web service which can suggest available single word, easy to spell correctly, and easy to pronounce domain names. I don't care if the words are made up. I am sure all the...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 09:32
Blank
Abdu
384 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.59K Views
Can you use a domain name that includes a product name from another company?

Can you use a domain name that includes a product or company name from another company? For example, could I register a domain starbucks-reviews.com and make reviews of starbucks shops? Or...

asked Feb 18 '10 at 01:25
Blank
Damian
86 points