Acquisition Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
Acquiring a website with unclear ownership

We want to acquire a website that is driven by a large community and non-profit. Before going to the attorney I want to do my own research on this topic. The problem is that the ownership of this...

asked May 11 '12 at 21:10
Blank
Jean Pierre
48 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How to tap an existing market?

I've built a site to review & rate beers. It needs some further work & improvements, but I got it out the door. Better to release than to polish to perfection. There are a number of...

asked Feb 29 '12 at 08:56
Blank
Marshall
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Vested stock options on acquisition

I was employed with a startup in Singapore for 15 months and vested 15K options over these months. Now the company is being acquired by a US company though the Singapore company will stay a...

asked Feb 3 '12 at 14:01
Blank
Vikram Bodicherla
111 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
Word of Mouth in Customer Acquisition for Apps - Myth or for real?

Can word of mouth be a good customer acquisition strategy for a smartphone app?

asked Dec 15 '11 at 13:09
Blank
Ina
121 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.62K Views
What equity/salary/earn-out can I expect from a purchasing company for my company and myself?

I am the single member of an LLC consulting company. I have half the revenue of a company that is thinking of "acquiring" me. They are in the same industry. They just incorporated within 1 year and...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 08:12
Blank
Seamus
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Impact of acquisition on shareholders

SCENARIO I'm an early employee in a startup and 100% vested. I've been in the company long enough to start thinking about my next career step (MBA maybe), but I do wish it the best of success and...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 11:51
Blank
Hungryhumble
16 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
Is story on how Skype employees stock options end up being worthless on acquisition common or not?

This is in response to the latest story about how Skype stock options are worthless: http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2011/06/24/upgrading-skype-and-silver-lake-to-evil/

asked Jun 25 '11 at 12:02
Blank
User10483
208 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Get acquired or raise more money?

If you can raise at a post-money valuation of $5MM and some company offered to acquired you, how much should you be asking for? I know it depends on a lot of things, but generally is it higher or...

asked Jun 16 '11 at 03:53
Blank
Rihulo
33 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
UK limited company exit mechanism

Can anyone tell me the mechanism by which a UK technology business is acquired? Does the acquirer usually buy: all the outstanding shares in the limited company, or, all the assets and...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 01:12
Blank
Paperjam
394 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.72K Views
What will a product acquisition be taxed as?

I'm an independent developer who has been working for the past year or so on product X. I don't have a company created that is associated with the product, as we have yet to officially launch (no...

asked Apr 9 '11 at 10:49
Blank
Themeerkat
6 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.06K Views
How much is this site worth?

I own a site that on which I "practiced" SEO. It isn't a real business. I only make money from it by putting Google AdSense and right now it makes just under $100 per month and growing, although I...

asked Apr 3 '11 at 14:16
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
E-mail marketing to prospective clients / users?

Don't laugh, but I'm working on a website idea that isn't novel in any particular way. It doesn't do anything new except service a niche industry in my world view of "better". I very well...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 05:14
Blank
John
126 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.67K Views
Is there a way around a partner paying additional income tax in an acquisition?

I'm interested in bringing on a partner (for his development abilities) for a site I'm working on. I already have an LLC and would prefer to keep this site under that LLC. Then, I'd offer in a...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 02:41
Blank
Shpigford
146 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
Can a software start up be sold?

Does software alone have any value to sell? If your start up fails for whatever reason but you have a software product built but not patented can you sell your company and to whom would you...

asked Jun 10 '10 at 03:13
Blank
Stacey
484 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Time and money for early-stage merger (or acqusition) of companies?

How much time and money does an early stage merger take? I have an unfunded startup. I am talking to a company that has completed their Round A. It seems like they might want to acquire / merge...

asked Mar 6 '10 at 10:59
Blank
John
96 points