Hosting Questions

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.58K Views
Hosting Options for a Review Site

I am part of a start up site that will review restaurants. We are in the process of finding the right hosting provider. What would be the option for an application like ours? We want the...

asked Aug 25 '10 at 13:09
Blank
Emon
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
I started a Blog, looking to add video to it and a reliable hosting company

I launched a blog last week. I am looking to add some video blogs and I am looking for an inexpensive video camera that can output decent quality HD video, and reliable hosting for the site. Any...

asked Aug 5 '10 at 13:49
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
What kind of hosting should I get

We have a pretty static site on godaddy right now. I NEED to get off godaddy. We use wordpress for the website and I have the following requirements: we will publish our desktopserver app to...

asked May 19 '10 at 04:44
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points

-2 Votes
6 Answers
5.16K Views
Is there a missing niche market in web hosting business?

I am thinking in web hosting as a new startup. Is there a niche market in this segment which is not properly served in your opinion? What do you think?

asked May 22 '10 at 02:22
Blank
Tony Henrich
85 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
A-2-Z web hosting on Amazon AWS

All, I am studying web dvp, and one of my classes is project-based. We have to build a functional site that demonstrate our understanding of: HTML, CSS, Javascript, php, MySQL, And potentially...

asked May 4 '10 at 00:19
Blank
J Delage
277 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.08K Views
Reliable Windows host, with PHP?

I have a client that has a .NET saas. We're looking for a reliable Windows/.NET host with Sql Server 2008 host that has good support. The gotcha is it also needs to support php and mysql for a...

asked May 5 '10 at 22:09
Blank
Corey Maass
201 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
About to go live: virtual dedicated server or cloud?

I am about to launch my startup company, and we will be going live in a few weeks time. We have really tight budgetary constraints, since we are bootstrapping - and would prefer not to raise...

asked May 7 '10 at 16:43
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.19K Views
Windows VPS on Amazon EC2

For you all Amazon EC2 experts out there, I have a question. In looking through Amazon EC2 documentation, I see that you can have a Windows Server machine with 1.7GB RAM, 1 EC2 core CPU, 160 GB...

asked Apr 18 '10 at 12:50
Blank
Puneet Gangal
281 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Are we allowed to host our customer's website on AppEngine?

The rationale behind this question is because AppEngine is free until certain limit and I found it to be a good option for small businesses (especially in developing countries) that can not afford...

asked Apr 19 '10 at 16:16
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.74K Views
DNS Hosting Services

Can you recommend a good DNS hosting service? I'm looking for a happy median between the free (and not reliable) providers and the staggeringly expensive ones.

asked Feb 5 '10 at 02:24
Blank
Terence Johnson
66 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
7.54K Views
Video hosting provider for commercial content - who is the best

I am looking to host some video for our startup. We will be recording screencasts, interviews, and a range of things. We would therefore like to be able to host video at a decent resolution, and...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 11:26
Blank
Ev.
133 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.49K Views
LAMP Deployment dilemma. Cloud or Dedicated?

I have a LAMP application I'd like to deploy to beta in the coming few months. My question is simple: I'd like to choose a host where I wouldn't have to migrate from if I'm successful and get a...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 02:16
Blank
Ron M.
4,224 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Should we have a sub domain, a new domain or a different path for new a category?

We have a platform Skill-Guru for teachers and experts to create test. The Skill-Guru blog section has topics which are mostly technical and some new news or test announcement . Now we have...

asked Jan 22 '10 at 06:33
Blank
Skillguru
344 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.99K Views
Leasing rack space vs leasing computers

Currently hosting is our second biggest expense (after payroll). The question of buying hardware or buying your own is probably a common dilemma for SaaS companies. At the moment, I am not...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 09:19
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points