Bank Account Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
Is this the basic thing to provide address detail to the client?

Hi I got the first client from one of the freelancing website.But they are asked to send the address proof to them.In our first conversation they asked this and my bank details.Apart from this they...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 03:18
Blank
Vinothkumar
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Can a personal checking account be opened to make purchases in an LLC?

I am wondering what is the best bank to use for opening a developer account with apple for selling apps. I have seen that many banks charge $0.40 for transactions which would make no business sense...

asked Aug 30 '11 at 02:40
Blank
Artie
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Separate bank accounts?

If you are a simple sole proprietor with a DBA, do you need (by law) to have a separate bank account? I know life is easier if you have a separate bank account, but I am wondering about the...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 06:03
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Receiving investment into bank account

We are a UK Ltd company with 2 directors. We have a business bank account set up. We have spoken to lawyers and managed to obtain all necessary documentation. It's an exciting time! The investment...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 03:24
Blank
Tom
480 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
UK startup bank account for new arrivals

I moved to the UK this week, and want to start a company. A few months ago I registered a Limited Company with Companies House, and I am the sole director of the company. I was able to open a...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 15:49
Blank
George Brown
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
What can a co-founder do to have a say in the company when everything goes in favour of the main founder?

A two signatory account will be created but the main founder can sign without the co-founder signature; on the other side, the co- founder can not sign without the main founder's...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 02:58
Blank
Ola
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.98K Views
When doing business in multiple countries, how should an LLC structure bank accounts?

Should there be separate accounts open at a bank in each country? Should they all be with one bank that has branches in each country, how is that typically done?

asked Jun 30 '11 at 00:58
Blank
Opensourcechris
154 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Business Banking Solution For Online Delaware Corp

I register my S-Corp in Delaware. I need to find a bank that can help me in opening a bank account, without having to go there in person. I have been told that this is possible if the bank has a...

asked May 28 '11 at 01:01
Blank
Nike Sental
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.78K Views
Separate Personal Bank Account for a LLC

I understand that you always want to use a business banking account for your LLC lest you lose legal protections by intermixing personal money with business money. Does the same apply if I were to...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 13:01
Blank
Awolf
106 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
5.57K Views
What are the benefits of having a business bank account as a solo entrepreneur?

I'm an independent software developer and I do business under my real name. As such, I'm not a DBA, nor am I incorporated. Since I'm not filed as a business anywhere, it's difficult for me to open...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 05:04
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Cheques made out in business name (UK)

I am planning on setting up a private limited company with my brother. We are going to register with the companies house with the business name (example) "123". Once we are registered, and have a...

asked Mar 1 '11 at 09:34
Blank
Tom
480 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
How To Organize Information For Multiple Personal Businesses

I want to start multiple businesses. For these businesses I would like to have a separate checking account, telephone number, mailing address. What do you suggest to make this as simple as...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 14:32
Blank
Steve
56 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Simplest way to financially accept ad revenue?

I am a professional developer with a couple of hobby websites. I have been paying hosting costs out of my pocket over the last couple of years and don't really mind as the users have been grateful....

asked Jan 12 '11 at 09:14
Blank
Blu
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
Banking Solution For Online Delaware Corp

I am about to register a corp in Delaware. I need to find a bank that can help me in opening a bank account, without having to go there in person. I have been told that this is possible if the bank...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 21:21
Blank
Prateek Mishra
137 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
6.63K Views
Startup - End of Year Bank Account Balance

I recently started an LLC in Maryland and a CFO for a company I used to work for suggested I not carry a balance in my company bank accounts at the end of the year. Is this something I should...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 06:28
Blank
Senfo
152 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.9K Views
Any experiences with Silicon Valley Bank?

SVB claims to have worked with lot of tech startups (and they do i believe), but does anyone here in this forum have first hand experience with SVB?. Why should someone choose them over some other...

asked Dec 16 '10 at 08:58
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
5.14K Views
Claiming Laptop as LLC expense

I don't have a separate bank account for my LLC (I am sole owner). I am planning to buy a new laptop. How do I claim it as an LLC expense, come tax time? Related questions: What are pros/cons of...

asked Oct 27 '10 at 04:45
Blank
User5027
21 points