Incubators Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Including a demo with your pitch email. Good or Bad?

Recently I've been emailing local VCs with accelerator/partner programs (With only "contactus" and no application forms) in order to apply. The mail was the standard small bit a of background about...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 17:17
Blank
User744319
94 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.11K Views
Incubators in Los Angeles or Orange County

Does anyone know where I could find a (comprehensive) list of start-up incubators around Los Angeles or in Orange County? I already have some connections in the area, but most seem to be oriented...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 13:46
Blank
David Titarenco
405 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
At what point should we apply to an incubator?

General Question: Given that incubators are focused on early-stage companies, how far along should a startup be before it applies for consideration by an incubator? How strong must the team (and...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Caligirl
204 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
How do we get mentor/advisor support for a new incubator program?

Few of us, recent MBA grads, just launched an incubator for start ups in consumer goods and B2B business services. Already have a small team and a few qualified companies in the first class of the...

asked Dec 11 '11 at 04:50
Blank
Kpin
26 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Accepted into Startup Chile grant program, need advice

Our startup has recently been accepted into StartupChile (SUP). If you don't know, they offer a 40K grant to launch over 6 months in Chile without claiming any equity in your project. Our team...

asked Nov 5 '11 at 16:46
Blank
Laramie
192 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Giving Equity to an Incubator

A new incubator has shown interest in my startup idea and are asking for 7% equity. As this is the first time someone has asked for equity from me I'm not sure what exactly this entails. Does this...

asked Nov 1 '11 at 07:53
Blank
User744319
94 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
What are the pros and cons of incubating a new startup within a successful existing company?

I have a well thought out idea for a new startup. The startup will be unrelated to my current small company that is doing quite well. My basic options are to incubate the new startup within my...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Keith De Long
5,091 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
4.33K Views
Should I give away my idea to an incubator program?

I'm considering applying my site, currently early in development, to YCombinator. Do I risk having my idea stolen by going through with the application process? They're asking very specific...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 03:40
Blank
Edit This
88 points

10 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Are you using "Startup America" to help your startup?

StartUpAmerica was launched with much fanfare earlier this year by the White House, Steve Case, IBM, the Kaufman Foundation, and others. Goal is to find ways to help create jobs in the private...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 21:36
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Is there a list of incubators or startup communities that are based in Germany?

There are lots of lists of incubators around (eg please see OnStartups question 8614 ) however the majority are based in the US, with just a few in Europe. (Please see OnStartups question 18887...

asked Jan 18 '11 at 08:19
Blank
Chris
140 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.8K Views
Should I incorporate my project into a company?

I am working on a project which just finished its prototype, and will start internal testing soon. There are 3 of members in my team, and we are considering of start trying AI or participating...

asked Dec 6 '10 at 13:03
Blank
D.J
121 points

7 Votes
6 Answers
2.96K Views
Are startup incubators (YCombinator, CapitalFactory, TechStars) a good idea?

Most of us know by now about all the great programs and resources various startup accelerators or incubators offer. My question is, does it always makes sense to apply to one of these programs? is...

asked Aug 30 '10 at 02:44
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Startup support/mentoring in Vancouver

CapitalFactory, Y-Combinator and TechStars are doing great job of helping startups to start up. Does anybody know of a similar initiative in Vancouver, BC, Canada? I am sure people from other...

asked Feb 27 '10 at 06:37
Blank
Alex
32 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.11K Views
Is there an index of startup incubators around the world?

Is there a list of places like the YCombinator, CapitalFactory etc arranged by their geographic operating regions?

asked Feb 27 '10 at 07:01
Blank
Scott
63 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.97K Views
Have any good tips for a TechStars application?

There are a variety of tips for YCombinator, but we haven't been able to find anything related to TechStars. Anyone out there have experience with them?

asked Jan 4 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Greg Belote
798 points