Pitch Questions

6 Votes
6 Answers
2.47K Views
What are some good ways for me to practice my pitch?

I'm trying to put together a pitch, and am looking for ideas on where/how to best practice giving it, before it's polished enough to show to potential investors.

asked Dec 13 '10 at 19:06
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
What options does a non-native English speaker have when it comes to pitching ideas in Silicon Valley?

I've heard many anecdotes telling of pitches that convince investors at parties, in elevators, while having coffee, etc... It occurs to me that all of these pitches assume that both parties speak...

asked Nov 30 '10 at 13:51
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
How to find statistics for a sales pitch?

We have developed a system that lets small businesses issue membership cards to their clients which can then be used as payment cards. The clients either preload the card with money or link it with...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
How do I pitch to a potential partner?

A group of us want to work with a rather large company on a specific project. I was able to contact the person in the department i wanted and on the initial email she forward me to 4 colleagues...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 23:43
Blank
Frank B.
111 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
4.88K Views
How to find the right person to speak to at a company?

I am following up on How do I pitch to a potential partner? I found the project manager who in the department of the company i wish to work with but however she forward me to 5 managers in smaller...

asked Nov 12 '10 at 17:04
Blank
Frank B.
111 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Scenario: naive entrepreneur approached by angel investor

I am an aerospace engineer. On a whim I went to an entrepreneurial conference at the university that is in my town. And then, on a whim, at the evening pitch session, I pitched some hair-brained...

asked Nov 17 '10 at 15:48
Blank
John Berryman
388 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
2.71K Views
"One Man Startup" - Should a add people before going out looking for funding?

i've been working on a project for the last year or so and during that time 4 out of 5 partners have left, leaving only me. I've turned the project into a modest success and have now received some...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 05:49
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.58K Views
First-time meeting with a VC and Angel Investor

Just to give some background, I'm building a software as a service offering which is almost in private beta and I have a few customers lined up to start using it at launch. Its a solo gig so far,...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 14:15
Blank
Javid Jamae
347 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
G/Score Opinions?

We've been admitted as semi-finalists at an Innovate!100 Pitch Slam. The main purpose of the even is getting some visibility and, allegedly, getting a G/Score for your pitch. The G/Score is a...

asked May 3 '10 at 19:20
Blank
Deleted
655 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
4.72K Views
What are some resources to watch example pitches?

I like to learn by example so I am trying to find sites that are putting recorded pitches up online. Examples would be: Shark Tank on Jason Calacanis's This Week in Startups -...

asked Feb 28 '10 at 02:23
Blank
Nicky Hajal
123 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.21K Views
Pitching a major potential client on Wednesday. Any ideas to knock their socks off?

I'm pitching a major potential client on Wednesday. I mean, HUGE. Background (thanks, James!): We are Textaurant, a SaaS web app tool that provides waiting list management for busy restaurants....

asked Jan 12 '10 at 12:36
Blank
Josh Sam Bob
1,578 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.16K Views
Software for making pitch/marketing videos

I am about the create a pitch/marketing video, so I would be keen to find out about any software that helps you create various animations, overlays, etc. Possibly bundled with some sound effects.

asked Nov 9 '09 at 07:50
Blank
Miro
146 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Should a pitch have a professional presentation?

Related to "Things you need to have ready to pitch", is it necessary to have a whiz-bang all-singing all-dancing professionally produced PowerPoint deck for an investor pitch? My feeling is that...

asked Nov 10 '09 at 06:20
Blank
Jeremy Mc Gee
371 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Mingling in angel investor gathering

I will be joining an event on angel financing where there will be quite some angel investors shown up. Just wonder what I should talk about when meeting those angels, should I pitch them my ideas...

asked Nov 12 '09 at 03:08
Blank
Martin
16 points

2 Votes
10 Answers
3.8K Views
What are 3 essential components of a great elevator pitch?

Whether it is pitching to an investor, customer and your friends a well constructed and thought out elevator pitch can make all the difference. What are some of the key components that need to be...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 04:11
Blank
Usman Sheikh
1,728 points

22 Votes
13 Answers
6.5K Views
I'm a terrible salesperson. What can I do about it?

I'm a designer / developer. My product is ready for beta, so my focus has to shift towards sales and marketing. My problem is that I just cannot sell. I have an irrational fear of annoying people...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 05:35
Blank
Finch
211 points