Business Plan Questions

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
What is the difference for a company between having an exit strategy and designing to be ongoing?

Many companies are started by people who dream of one day drinking pina coladas on the beach after exiting their business in some fashion. Of course many fail to deliver on that dream, and some of...

asked May 18 '11 at 10:12
Blank
Kenneth Vogt
2,917 points

9 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
Is there any categorization or in-depth analysis of business models based on the Internet?

I was searching for some information, analyses and categorization for business models that are used in Internet-based businesses (basically: in the businesses that are conducted through the...

asked May 23 '11 at 10:00
Blank
Tadeck
56 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.6K Views
Business of Software

I am in the process of writing my business plan now I have a few questions. I do apologise if some of the Questions I ask have been answered already. Firstly I want to start Mobile App development...

asked May 23 '11 at 23:16
Blank
I Scotts
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.91K Views
What do I Need to Know When Running a Business?

I am currently working at a company in a technical cum slightly managerial position and strongly thinking about starting a technology based company (this can happen in the next one or two years to...

asked May 11 '11 at 15:38
Blank
Pathum Mudannayake
178 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.86K Views

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.94K Views
How to find and target an audience with video games?

People always say before start a business your product has to solve a problem that people have. It seems to me that video games are for entertainment purposes and doesn't this seem a little too...

asked May 5 '11 at 09:53
Blank
Chris Bui
104 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How to sell yourself to investors?

This is a question about methodology for newcomers in the business of lauching firms. I propose that we list all the things that must be done in order to present a good proposal for potential...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Sylvain Peyronnet
371 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.15K Views
Is it normal to get profits only in the 3rd year?

I'm doing a business plan for a web business, and in the financials part, I'm getting this: Net Profit Year 1: ($234,788) Year 2: ($2,361) Year 3: $251,708 Net Profit/Sales Year 1:...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 06:21
Blank
Rui
364 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
How important is the business plan?

Planning is important An orthodoxy has developed that a business plan is a critical component of a business. There are lots of business plan contests. Business planning software. There seems to be...

asked Apr 27 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

2 Votes
10 Answers
3.27K Views
My business model: helping guys get laid

I’m entered into a business plan competition at my university and I could use a little inspiration to get my brain juices flowing. If the business plan works out I might even implement it in real...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 14:43
Blank
Djs13
30 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
1.83K Views
What is the one tip you'd give to a new startup leader?

Lots of people give lots of advice to startup leaders. What's the one single best piece of advice you'd give to a leader of a start up? Business plan is written, LLC is formed, initial funding...

asked Apr 10 '11 at 10:02
Blank
Wsmm
136 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Biz plan was just selected as a semifinalist - need to compress plan to 30 pages from 37

How do you attack compressing your plan? My new startup was recently selected as a semifinalist in a local business plan competition, the money from which would do wonders in terms of getting the...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 03:54
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
Should I include a resume in my business plan?

I am building my business plan and am getting close to completion (well, for the first iteration, you know how things change!) Should I be including my resume in my business plan? I have started...

asked Apr 15 '11 at 11:32
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.3K Views
What services have people used to assist them in writing their business plan?

What services have people used to assist them in writing their business plan? What costs have been associated with these services? Was it a face to face meeting or strictly online/ over the phone...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 11:13
Blank
User6528
149 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
In what ways I should/ can protect my rights before divulging my business idea or related information to anyone?

I am in the process of creating a web based start-up which is about a web-portal/application. In what ways I should/ can protect my rights before divulging my business idea or related information...

asked Apr 2 '11 at 02:34
Blank
Aklin81
125 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.32K Views
How to validate startup idea w/o giving it away?

My current startup has stabilized and is running pretty much on cruise-control... What is interesting, however, is that as I was looking to provide an additional service to my potential customers,...

asked Apr 5 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Igorek
886 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.25K Views
What are the most important personal qualities to start up and succeed in new business

I am a developer, and I've launched and failed once before some time back. I am still analyzing all the reasons our start up didn't take off (we were 4 developers). I wanted to learn from the...

asked Mar 26 '11 at 10:26
Blank
Sanjeevakumar Hiremath
108 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
How to plan exit

I have an idea in global commerce area and I am trying to develop it to a software product. I shared my thoughts with several experts and got their positive feedback. Currently, I am working on a...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 17:22
Blank
Aviad
281 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
How to send a business proposal to designing a website?

After researching a lot my team came up with a number of educational organisations those do not have their own websites. We primarily design websites of all kinds. So we have decided to send all...

asked Mar 19 '11 at 02:56
Blank
Radheshyam Nayak
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
In a standard business plan, how do you cite statistics when describing your market?

I am in the process of writing up my business plan for my startup. When describing your market, do you use statistics? If so, how do you cite those statistics?

asked Mar 9 '11 at 08:50
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points