Business Plan Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
7.02K Views
What sort of business type is a video game company? Manufacturing?

I am a college student and I am supposed to be creating a business plan for a school project. I decided to create a faux video game company in order to satisfy the criteria of the project, but I've...

asked Jun 8 '12 at 08:22
Blank
Nicholas Coovert
3 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How to determine the business potential of an idea?

I am an IT engineer, I am familiar with programming and website development (not a complete expert though), I am also good with servers, OS, security and networking etc (whole 9 yards of IT). What...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 17:46
Blank
Kapish M
134 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Seek advices: Raise Money or not?

I've $100,000 from my personal money for a new company. I was thinking about going to Austin, TX, as I've heard Silicon Valley is more to raise money than to actually develop apps. Viewing all the...

asked May 25 '12 at 23:55
Blank
Hartator
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Using Dubai as a tax haven - US nationals

My friend approached me with a business idea of selling a service to allow US business owners to incorporate in Dubai in order to avoid taxes. She resides in Dubai and owns a business there, and...

asked May 31 '12 at 10:55
Blank
Chris
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
Business Plan question on owner equity

This is my first business so excuse me. I'm establishing a salary for myself as an employee but suppose I wanted a percentage of sold goods also. Should that be included in the budget against sales...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 01:09
Blank
Chieftec
10 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.63K Views
Inventory management

we have a simple spare parts selling business online. At present We store and search parts from stores manually. Which is becoming hard day by day as inventory is growing. The solution I thought is...

asked May 9 '12 at 19:43
Blank
Eagleye
108 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
How to estimate revenues with several business model options?

How would you estimate the revenues on a business plan if you have several possible business models (i.g. Freemium and/or Advertisement). The revenues could be generated by one or a combination of...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:54
Blank
Gian
6 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
2.67K Views
Marketing Plan or Business Plan first?

Wouldn't I be more effective doing a marketing plan first - before working on a business plan? Everybody's working on business plans, and I know they include Market and Marketing information. But...

asked May 3 '12 at 22:22
Blank
Patrick Ny
300 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Advisory Boards: When and How?

I have been operating a small, part-time business for the better part of 4-5 years providing IT consulting, web hosting, and tech support. To top it off, I've been working on a business plan for...

asked Mar 18 '12 at 07:21
Blank
David W
128 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
I have startup in education[forprofit] domain what should I do next?

I have made a start-up, we are a group of 4 members. We are trying to build educational service model in which we provide animated materials, audiobooks, e Learning service to schools. Animation...

asked Mar 3 '12 at 19:06
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
What is a good marketing framework for an internet marketplace application

We are building a web-based application which will provide an advertising outlet and online fulfillment for certain service providers. We are writing our marketing plan and I am wondering if anyone...

asked Mar 6 '12 at 04:37
Blank
Confused
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How do I make website projections?

I own a website that I've been working on for the last couple years, and I'm now at a point where I need to try and raise money from venture capitalists. I am wondering what the best way to...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 05:22
Blank
Oobie11
105 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Publicising the business-plan?

Being a libertarian, I am completely honest with all my business-transactions, business-offerings and partnerships. From a marketing perspective, would it be beneficial to post my business-plan on...

asked Feb 9 '12 at 02:57
Blank
A T
38 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.33K Views
From free to a little fee

I have a few web services on my website. They are used by major financial institutions. They are like little calculators specific to some complex math only required in finance. I want to move...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 22:20
Blank
Aldo
13 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
When a client chooses a lesser subscription in a web app

What happens when a user had a greater subscription plan but chooses to convert to a lesser one? Of course, the features should be locked/limited, but what happens for example in this...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 06:33
Blank
Mihalis Bagos
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
LAN Party : How should I pitch for Sponsorship to big businesses?

We're a LAN Party organizing start-up in India and have organized a few tournaments at the local level before. Now as we plan to move to the next level, i.e., national, we wish to pitch to the...

asked Dec 23 '11 at 07:10
Blank
Ikartik90
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Got initial traction, how do I know that it's "enough" to pursue investors?

My webapp is gaining traction, being passed around and written about in various countries around the world (it's nice seeing viral loops in action, I must say :) ). And because I'm in the file...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 00:52
Blank
Itai Sagi
337 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Revenue / user growth projection for UGC-social-startup business plan

I have to write a business plan and I'm stuck on the revenue and business projection part. We're building a platform that is all about user-generated-content concerning a certain topic. It also...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 11:38
Blank
Beorex
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Business models based on user information

I am in the process of figuring out what business plan would be most appropriate for my online service. Essentially, the questions I'm asking myself are: Can internet companies survive on...

asked Nov 28 '11 at 08:21
Blank
Randomblue
154 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
How much money can I expect to get from corporate sponsorships on iPad applications?

I am a developer of an iPad application that can be used to expedite the transfer of information from patients to physicians. We are marketing to a wide variety of multispecialty adolescent...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 12:35
Blank
Parseltongue
120 points