Equity Questions

Equity is ownership that both the business owner and investors have in a company.

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Helping an established company double or triple their worth

Assume Bob is looking for a job. Bob has the skills to develop something that within a few months may possibly double or triple the worth of a well established company. The company is aware of...

asked Sep 30 '13 at 02:22
Blank
Mi Gusta
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Should I take into account an investment in terms of software as a sunk cost?

One of my partners, in an online service startup, is going to put the software design as his investment and share on equity. The rest of us are putting in time and money. But now came up a...

asked Oct 4 '13 at 00:31
Blank
Christian Rojas Alves
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Giving Equity Against New Business

I started a company in India in June of 2012 focusing on Web & Mobile App Outsourcing Space. In past 1 year we have grown to revenue of $1M+ and we are expanding fast. The company is...

asked Oct 5 '13 at 17:51
Blank
Mukul Gupta
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.79K Views
How much equity co-founder in a CTO position (for an existing StartUp) should get

I am wondering how much equity (in percentage) should I demand for a co-founder CTO position in a start-up which opened 7 months ago? Here are some details on the start-up: = The main founder is...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 22:20
Blank
Uri
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
equity bonus for early stage employee if contacts produce investment

I'm a developer and I've been working with a startup for awhile and things are now getting (more) formalized with regards to equity (grants) and vesting. I am getting equity as a developer but my...

asked Oct 19 '13 at 07:00
Blank
Daysareokay
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Giving Equity to Marketing / Sales / Referral Partner

I started a company in India in June of 2012 focusing on Web & Mobile App Outsourcing Space. In past 1 year we have grown to revenue of $1M+ and we are expanding fast. The company is...

asked Sep 13 '13 at 04:31
Blank
Mukul Gupta
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.14K Views
How can a very early stage startup remunerate an advisor?

Here is the specific question: I am a co-founder of a very early stage technology start-up. We have a good early level feedback on the nearly finished prototype(with a lot of features that we have...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 00:17
Blank
User2530668
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
I hold equity in a tech startup. Should I ask for compensation? And if so, how much?

I'm a tech/product guy at a seed-stage startup in New York City and have been working there for 2 years (about Sept '11). At first, I started by taking a signficantly reduced market rate and 5%...

asked Sep 19 '13 at 01:49
Blank
Joe
6 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.59K Views
How much equity should my partner get?

Im currently in a situation where me and my co-founder are determining equity shares. To give a background, I came up with the idea and approached my co-founder (who is a dear friend and was a...

asked Sep 20 '13 at 19:30
Blank
Unique81
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
How should additional cash contribution be treated after beta launch?

Me and my co founder have finished the beta version of our product and we should be launching within the next two months. The equity percentages have been agreed based on both our contributions in...

asked Sep 22 '13 at 02:44
Blank
Unique81
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
How much salary and equity to ask for CTO?

I am recently approach by one start up company CEO to work for him as CTO. There will be 3 person in team,CEO,CTO,CFO. My responsibilities in company would be to look after all such tech. part and...

asked Sep 26 '13 at 06:09
Blank
Daniel
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.26K Views
Founder Stock Split in a startup (Full-time vs. Part-time founders)?

A & B have started a company a few months back. Both of them have built the product together and are equally enthusiastic about its success. However, Mr. A has been involved full time (in the...

asked Sep 1 '13 at 03:58
Blank
Andysax
6 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Question: Startup Equity Distribution

I am planning to startup in a few months and I need some advice. The startup cost should not exceed $10,000 and I will share equity with a partner. How many shares should we authorize? How much...

asked Sep 5 '13 at 10:46
Blank
User27734
1 point

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Need to determine equity

8 months ago my friend and i started a business. I was the only person who gave the startup capital and working full time for the business. My partner worked part time for the business and for the...

asked Aug 12 '13 at 18:56
Blank
Nik
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
How much equity should an advisor receive? (Startup Weekend Project)

First, I understand this question has been asked several times but I believe this case is a little bit different. Myself and a group of people recently competed in a Startup Weekend event (54...

asked Aug 15 '13 at 03:53
Blank
Ri89
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.17K Views
Should I (cofounder) give up my voting rights?

I am a cofounder with shares that have voting rights. We have 3 founders - One with majority shares (a little more than the other two combined). I come from tech background while other 2 founders...

asked Aug 19 '13 at 05:48
Blank
Santu
156 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.86K Views
Taking on a co founder

I have been trying to start my own tech startup for a year and half. During this time i built significant IP and invested my time and effort. I have a database of users and mailing list. I have...

asked Aug 19 '13 at 13:48
Blank
Kris
1 point

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.18K Views
First Technical Head. How much to ask for?

A friend of mine set up a small company (currently two employees). He started getting more work than he could handle so came to me asking for software to manage his clients and business...

asked Aug 20 '13 at 20:49
Blank
Awalias
111 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
Can a long standing NPO get start up funds to extend the program?

I have a nonprofit organization (NPO) that serves children and was founded in 1992. I have a second location now and want to build a new arm to the program. Can I get startup funds to extend my NPO...

asked Aug 22 '13 at 01:54
Blank
Jackie
4 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
4.1K Views
How much equity should startup Independent contractors get?

So, A friend of mine has a brand created for a game, characters, story, the works. He also a rough idea about how the game should be which looked pretty solid. He took out about $40,000 loan and...

asked Aug 25 '13 at 03:43
Blank
Brybam
103 points