Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.74K Views
Introducing an idea directly to our market

I was wondering if it's a good idea to build awarness and inform potential customers about your service by starting a discussion(thread) in a niche forum. is it? Any do's and don'ts you could...

asked Mar 4 '10 at 09:33
Blank
Raed
101 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Thoughts/Opinions on business naming?

Just curious how people feel about business names. Do you think the name of a company composed of the last names of the owners is "old fashion" (i.e Brown-Smith Web Services, Johnson-Nixon I.T....

asked Mar 6 '10 at 04:22
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.17K Views
What are the essential components of a marketing plan?

If you are a startup that is just about to launch your product/service are there steps that every startup should take to form a solid foundation for their marketing outreach strategy? What were...

asked Feb 3 '10 at 01:59
Blank
Usman Sheikh
1,728 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
What essential things should be on a press page?

We've had a few good unsolicited articles written about us over the past few weeks which have driven quite a lot of traffic our way. We have noticed that many of them don't use great screenshots,...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 01:47
Blank
Rlivsey
206 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.68K Views
Does it hurt to release often?

I'm a big believer of "release early, release often" but what's the limit? Our software Traditional - Desktop software We are new but already got many clients Updates requires about 15-30...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 06:57
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.41K Views
"Segmenting" visitors to my sales website

I have made a simple sales web page to generate leads for my new business. One problem I think I have is that the current web page tries to be "all things to all visitors", when in actuality I...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 08:02
Blank
Jorgem
749 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Run Of Network Adverstising

A makerting company has approached me to ask to do "RON" marketing on our site. I assume this involves us hosting some adverts. Is this correct? How does this work? What are typical pricing models?

asked Feb 5 '10 at 19:43
Blank
User2370
6 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.94K Views
How would you reach language professionals?

I recently launched a Q&A language site (powered by StackExchange just like answers.onstartups.com) as a side project. Now that it's gaining noticeable interest, I am looking forward to push it...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 03:02
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
7.5K Views
How to follow up a trial?

What's the best practices to send a follow up email after the user's trial version expires? What questions to ask? Is a short survey good idea or an email which asks a generic feedback better? Is...

asked Feb 6 '10 at 11:39
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.84K Views
How much time do you spend on marketing?

I recently saw a video with Jeff Bezos saying (to paraphrase) "with the internet you should spend much more time on making a great product that can market itself.". I have spent (an unbalanced)...

asked Feb 7 '10 at 04:07
Blank
Jon Kragh
185 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.45K Views
What do you think of Crowdsourcing? What is its market size?

Just outsource tasks, projects or services,etc, to other companies or individuals through internet.

asked Feb 8 '10 at 16:23
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
10 Answers
3.25K Views
I have developed a website, but I have no idea how to promote/market it

This is my website, Tenxian.com. We have very few users right now. How can I market/promote it? Any good ideas?

asked Feb 9 '10 at 01:51
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.56K Views
Who uses FTP servers and how to reach them?

My last product, initially targeted at graphic designers, found a sweet spot with small business owners that struggled with FTP and who were looking for a drop-in replacement for their FTP server...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 02:30
Blank
Ashmaurya
140 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
How to interrupt my potential customers with marketing campaign?

I have a list of potential customers who I must 'interrupt' in order to get their attention. I have a website where they can join a mailing list, but for one reason or another my potential...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 16:25
Blank
Smart Company Software
1,190 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
How to promote a twitter crowdsourcing contest?

I created a twitter crowdsourcing contest to get some tagline help and raise pre-launch awareness (build a great tagline and get an iPhone). http://roadbud.com/iphone-contest/ The problem is, I'm...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 22:01
Blank
Mike Schoeffler
100 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Got a question for Seth Godin?

We're set to interview Seth Godin (Linchpin, Tribes, Permission Marketing, Purple Cow and other bestselling business books) 2/24. If you've read any of Seth's books, especially his latest,...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 04:43
Blank
Bob Walsh
2,620 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.89K Views
Is there any good software that can assist me in writing a business plan?

My website is about "Crowdsourcing", a platform to make money or outsource your tasks, projects, problems,etc. www.tenxian.com. Is there any good software that can assist me in writing a business...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 11:27
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
How to best make use of large corporate "partnership"?

Let's say a small software company has a product which can help several very large key players within the industry sell far more of their products. Let us also assume that these corporate giants...

asked Feb 16 '10 at 00:55
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
Best way to tell users to upgrade from lite version to full version in a desktop app

We have a lite version of our desktop software and many features have been removed in this version. What's the best way to tell people we have those features but they can't access because it's the...

asked Feb 17 '10 at 20:43
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.9K Views
Reasonable Max CPC

I'm trying to get some clicks from Google Adwords. I'm quite new to it, what's the reasonable CPC? I noticed that my ads are not showing and I think it's about my CPC budget. To me over $2 CPC is...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:21
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points