Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.78K Views
How to outsource marketing / sales

First of all I know that "sales and marketing" is my business it's not something to outsource. However I'm in a different situation: I don't have budget and the long-term commitment position to...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 19:17
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.01K Views
How to best approach the creation of marketing materials on a budget

I'm planning on putting together some marketing materials - some on the web, some printed. I would like to work with a 'professional' to help execute my vision, but don't want to hold the person's...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 01:20
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Do you think there is a black hat behind every marketing success?

As much as we try to do good in and through business, I have a growing suspicion that behind every successful marketing strategies, there is a fair amount of black hat tactics (pick your own...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 12:00
Blank
G Rex
683 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.06K Views
Getting Started with Marketing

I'd like your opinions on how I can use marketing to increase sales. I run a small business on the side (I also have a full-time job), selling a niche enterprise software application. Last year I...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 21:20
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Hosted Quizzes and Polls Platform

I am looking for a hosted Quizzes and Polls platform that has following features Create customized Quizzes and Polls Be able to embed these Quizzes and Polls on my site The platform should...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 11:42
Blank
User2202
164 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
How to position our gaming startup?

I'm Tom, one of the co-founders of oQuizo.com - a multiplayer trivia game. We opened the business two weeks ago in open beta. What we find difficult is to how to position our site. It seems our...

asked Feb 21 '10 at 02:54
Blank
Tom
66 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.68K Views
How is the software libraries market?

Hello all Does any one here know or working in the software libraries market? Developing network stacks, helpers, convertors, components and such?

asked Feb 21 '10 at 07:50
Blank
Meir
238 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Topic suggestions for software developer's conference?

I help book topic sessions for the annual Software Industry Conference which will be held this year in Dallas, TX. The conference targets both beginner and experienced Micro ISVs, and internet...

asked Feb 22 '10 at 12:46
Blank
Gary E
12,510 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
What should I know when running an affiliate program?

I am cooking an idea for an online job board product. I'm thinking of using affiliate program as the primary marketing vehicle. I have no experience running an affiliate program (though I've...

asked Feb 23 '10 at 13:24
Blank
G Rex
683 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.34K Views
Marketing resources on homepage design for small businesses

Title says it all. Do you guys have some resources (slideshare, blogposts) on the marketing (+copywriting) part of homepage design to share? "standalone" advice in this thread is appreciated too :)

asked Feb 23 '10 at 20:15
Blank
Tom Deleu
131 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Anyone experienced in selling SaaS in the health sector?

I have an idea in mind for a SaaS product in the health industry - specifically, for small clinics, optometrists and dentists. I'm slated to start development on this in the next few days and...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 07:10
Blank
Gaga B.
49 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.8K Views
Which is more difficult to hire, techie or marketing?

I know it's dependent on the employer's background, but in general is more difficult to hire great marketing staff or product developers?

asked Feb 24 '10 at 13:12
Blank
G Rex
683 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
What are the unexplored marketing channels for web apps?

Say I have a niche web app and need to raise awareness for it. The default route is to have a blog, ask around nicely for reviews, and buy Adwords. I am currently trying out Adwords with limited...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 21:05
Blank
Tomas Kohl
276 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Multiple twitterers / one company

I'm pretty new to twitter ( http://twitter.com/roadbud ). I'm hoping to build customer relationships, provide customer service, engage people with blog, and lead prospects towards our product...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 00:25
Blank
Mike Schoeffler
100 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
6.42K Views
Source for average customer acquisition costs by industry or retail category

My partners and I are building a site which provides a unique way for merchants to acquire new customers. To guide the development of our initial pricing strategy, we are looking for some...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 12:02
Blank
Startup Guy
88 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
How do you tell if he/she is a great marketing candidate?

What are the methodologies you use to determine if a person would make a great marketer? For instance, I may be looking for someone who has great instinct about what the market wants and able to...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 13:58
Blank
G Rex
683 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Getting Help with Sales

How do I find a sales person? I know a lot of people here think that you just put up Google Ads, wait for clicks, and then wait for sales, but I think sales is an important task. Following up with...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Simon
165 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.9K Views
Reconciling interruption marketing

As an engineer who study marketing (or attempt to), I wanna subscribe to the belief that we should strive to gain permission rather than actively interrupting people for attention. At the same...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 14:45
Blank
G Rex
683 points

13 Votes
6 Answers
4.55K Views
Which is better, Google adwords or Facebook ads?

I'm about to experiment with Facebook ads and I'm wondering which performs better in terms of ROI: Facebook or Google? I've had some success with Google, so I'm looking forward to comparing. I'd...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 05:09
Blank
Greg Digneo
86 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Creating content vs. Sponsoring content

As we've all learned, creating content is a great way to gain attention without resorting to advertising. The problem with creating content is time investment. Not everybody makes a good blogger...

asked Mar 3 '10 at 17:35
Blank
G Rex
683 points