Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
Which web design Agency to help design a product website / launch?

We got a product and during the launch we need a good, well designed website with product features etc. Now we wrote all the features and prepared some scenarios for product showcase, videos,...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:44
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
How can I best utilize my mailing list?

Anyone have a mailing list they make money on? What are some of the ways that you use it?

asked Jan 21 '10 at 19:01
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Marketing advice for new Stack Exchange site dedicated to language

I just launched a Stack Exchange site dedicated to language (grammar, etymology, translation, etc.). I have not really advertised it so far (apart from a post on HN ). Can you come up with some...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 21:57
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
How to do marketing for generic software products?

I would like to know how to market products that are very flexible and are not attached to a particular business niche. For example, Spreasheet software: You can do almost anything with it......

asked Jan 22 '10 at 04:47
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Where do business people with fat checkbooks "live" and hangout?

We have identified specific industries that we market our software product, but in general that would be any company that is developing software for sale and/or internal use. Also recognize that...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 12:21
Blank
Poopsky
195 points

16 Votes
13 Answers
4.63K Views
Lite Version or Trial?

Our product (desktop software, not SaaS ) price is about $1000. Shall we cut features and release a free lite version or just a trial with all features for a limited time? I see that lite version...

asked Jan 23 '10 at 19:52
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.93K Views
What Defines an Unsolicited Testimonial? (Ethical)

After an order is placed by a customer, I email them regarding their order, stating: I hope the buying process went smoothly for you. We are a newer company and are looking for ways to improve our...

asked Jan 25 '10 at 16:50
Blank
Clint
695 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Offering Google Apps accounts to customers

I'm starting a business that helps small businesses build and maintain a website. I will be managing most aspects of the website, including domain names and email addresses. I like the idea of...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 02:21
Blank
Jacob
138 points

-3 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Email databases of Teachers across India

I need to know if there are any companies which are providing email databases of teachers across India. I would like to send invites for a newsletter related to technology and education which we...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 04:06
Blank
Kabir
96 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.59K Views
Why do some companies like Apple hide announcing their new product till the last moment

One reason I can understand is that they don't want competitors to find out the features of their product hence releasing their own product before they get a chance to release it themselves. I...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 10:30
Blank
Syed
445 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Should publishers and/or Amazon/Barnes&Noble subsidize e-books?

I just got my kindle and already bought several books. I hear from most people who bought it that they do in fact buy a lot of books once they get it. It's a simple as buying music in the iTunes...

asked Jan 27 '10 at 19:52
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
Marketing section for a VC-targeted Businessplan

By VC-targeted, I mean a businessplan that I send to VCs as part of the first contact package.. It concerns a saas/paas startup with a very clearly defined target group. We have preliminary market...

asked Jan 28 '10 at 22:55
Blank
Max
16 points

8 Votes
9 Answers
4.39K Views
Should I use my personal blog as my company blog?

I have a personal blog and I would like to hear some advice regarding the use of this personal blog to share information about my company such as news, products, etc... Or, is it better to have a...

asked Jan 29 '10 at 03:56
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.16K Views
Google APIs - what's the story with their licensing?

My new build package features a link with Google maps. However, having had a look at their terms and conditions, I am unsure exactly where I stand with integrating their tools within my chargeable...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Dr. Phil
86 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Should company A have different social network identities for each service/website?

Let's say company A produces various online services that fill different needs. Do you think they should have a separate Twitter/Facebook fan page for each service? Or should there just be one main...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 18:59
Blank
Matt
460 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.45K Views
Should a slogan imply my target market?

I was thinking of including the word "business" in a slogan for a new service but I was wrestling whether or not this is really necessary. I say business because that's the target market I'd like...

asked Feb 2 '10 at 17:47
Blank
Matt
460 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.55K Views
What can I do with my website start-up? I need insightful suggestions?

I have created a novel website. Now it comes to the promotion/marketing stage. However,I don't dare spend money promoting/marketing my website because I am not sure whether it can succeed or fail....

asked Feb 2 '10 at 23:06
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Marketing web products to small family practice doctors?

I have a web-based tool that I'd like to market to small private practice doctors. I'm looking for traditional journals and other forms of advertising that would target these medical...

asked Jan 8 '10 at 19:18
Blank
Niyogi
64 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
What is a good crash course in marketing for small businesses or startups?

The glib answer is "start a business." Seriously, all entrepreneurs need to know some marketing, whether they call it that or not. Market research, communications, advertising, and so on. Do you...

asked Jan 9 '10 at 02:31
Blank
Dan
303 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Community around a service, or a service around a community?

So, I made the entrepreneur leap a few months ago. I've been tinkering and trying new ideas and learning a lot. I know the specific niche I want to work with, and I have been building up a...

asked Jan 9 '10 at 08:02
Blank
Matt
460 points