Promotion Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
Is this e-commerce launch promotion a winner or loser?

I'm thinking of offering 3 x $50 gift certificates for the first order received from each of the 52 states. The product's range in price from $69.00 to $139.00. Winner or loser?

asked Jul 17 '11 at 18:09
Blank
Bold Rusty
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
How to make customers eager to give comments about products which they bought from us?

I have an online store which sells baby products. Thankfully, some customers have already bought my products, although my startup is just 2 months old. One of my plans is to make my customers come...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 13:28
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Is a promo code a good idea?

I'm getting ready to "relaunch" my site. The site currently sells royalty-free Silverlight controls by independent developers (sort of an iStockPhoto business model). I'm working on a massive...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 00:55
Blank
Steve Wortham
287 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Promoting the application (SAAS)

I created a flash app. A service or a game - it does not matter. Advertising takes a lot of money and not always effective, it is desirable that my app promote itself. Task - to create in the app...

asked May 27 '11 at 01:05
Blank
Astraport
186 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Legal constraints, responsibilities, and documentation required for prize based promotions

I'd like to run a prize based promotion in the USA -- and looking for suggestions on legal constraints, responsibilities, and documentation required to execute one. Yes, I know there are lots of...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 10:06
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.63K Views
Where to start with Marketing? Need better Internet reach

My company is in a niche with over 11 million potential customers, yet we have a little less than 100k customers currently. Given that we currently spend $0.00 in marketing (we focused on...

asked May 19 '11 at 10:34
Blank
John
23 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
4.96K Views
Are there any startup showcase websites?

The web is full of gallery websites for CSS design. e.g: http://www.css-showcase.com http://www.cssmania.com http://www.awwwards.com Is there such a thing for startups?

asked May 7 '11 at 21:22
Blank
Cherouvim
219 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
What should a single individual do to promote a startup?

I am a programmer and have been developing a web app to facilitate appointment scheduling in my spare time. My target customer is a professional or a small business owner working on a well defined...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 18:43
Blank
Lollercoaster
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.65K Views
How to find people interested to participate in a brand-new open-source project?

I recently set up an open-source infrastructure for Obix. Obix is a new, object-oriented programming language designed to help people writing more reliable code in less time. More information can...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Christian Neumanns
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
promoting web 2.0 sites

suppose a web 2.0 startup has completed its product and is trying to launch it...what are some of the most effective ways to promote the product that is specific to a web 2.0 model (ie. users come...

asked Mar 31 '11 at 05:45
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.24K Views
How to get attention to an early-stage product or site?

I have an early-stage site that I think is pretty good. I won't put the link here because I don't want to seem like spam. But the link is in my bio. While I have been able to get some attention to...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 08:26
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

12 Votes
5 Answers
4.17K Views
How do I promote my soon-to-launch startup?

I'm about to launch a new web startup in less than a month. It'll be a freemium web application which will offer a Facebook-related service with various pricing plans. I'm still a bit unsure on...

asked Feb 11 '11 at 23:57
Blank
The Coding Monk
163 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Swag & Giveaway Advice!

I've just found out that I will be presenting my startup, mokabla at an Entrepreneur event in ATL in less than a week. There will be about 200 people attending. Since this event doesn't have...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Shaymus
176 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Pilot customer incentives for intial launch of start-up

As I work on finishing up the final details for my start-up. I wanted to know if anyone here setup pilot programs for their first few customers at discounted rates or for free for a limited period...

asked Jan 31 '11 at 17:35
Blank
John
161 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
How do I choose the right sub-segment to market my new Q&A community to?

I'm launching a new Q&A community and was wondering how specific a market I should target while seeding and promoting the site in its early stages. If the ultimate goal is for it to become the...

asked Jan 19 '11 at 03:09
Blank
Zakgottlieb
103 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.62K Views
Good ways to make a promotional video?

I'm a couple of months away from releasing my gradebook app for teachers, and will need a good promotional video. I'm bootstrapped and don't have much cash. Any suggestions? I can make a decent...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 05:22
Blank
Riley
193 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.1K Views
How do I attract visitors to a free web app/social site on a low budget?

I've been working on a site. It started as a side project to teach myself a bunch of things but now that it's live I'd really like to pump some life into it. Functionality is limited; basically,...

asked Dec 23 '10 at 04:11
Blank
Sergi Papaseit
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Seeking tips on using competitions to promote a website

We are considering running a competition to promote the use of our website. We run a directory style site full of acting talent. We want to promote to advertising agencies and encourage them to...

asked Dec 9 '10 at 21:51
Blank
James Kennedy
76 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
Recommend a company for promo pens?

I'm looking for a legitimate/affordable/responsive company to order some promo pens from (with our logo etc). I've found http://www.pens.com/pens/ via Google, they look legit, but I thought I'd...

asked Oct 13 '10 at 10:37
Blank
Roman M
106 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.53K Views
Include degrees/qualifications on business cards?

This is a pretty trivial question but I'd be interested in your opinions. Would you include post-nominal letters and/or other qualifications on your business cards? Do you think it's overly...

asked Oct 3 '10 at 02:45
Blank
Dan Dyer
657 points