Promotion Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
How to integrate promotional code ad network w/ online retailer?

I would like to create a print ad network for online retail advertisers with the following features. The ads will be distributed as posters. The printed ad includes a URL with a link to the ad...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 17:35
Blank
Jason
106 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Just Released First App... Promotion Help

I am relatively new to programming. I have been programming with Java and Android for about 2 years now and just recently released my first app to the Google Play app store. I have passed the word...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 03:11
Blank
Jason Crosby
123 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
Android Market - Give out coupon codes for bloggers?

I'm about to bring a 3$ app to the Android market. To get reviews and for promotion I'd like to give out coupon codes for a free download. Is there such a feature build in the Android market or...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 20:46
Blank
James
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
How to promote my social project?

I have created a social media website - it's a place for men who have questions about relationships. The main goal is to make users proud of their own achievements. For example, your son has...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 20:23
Blank
Bakotiinii
6 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
What is a good way of promoting Freeware desktop software?

Our company develops a Windows based desktop software product (photo and media document management software for small teams). The first product version will be free of charge. The next major...

asked May 15 '12 at 23:59
Blank
Murat
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Offering some risk-free services

We are a new start up and we offer several services (Mobile,Software development,CMS,Web,etc). The classic problem that all the start-up got is to face at the begin is how to get into the market...

asked May 23 '12 at 19:20
Blank
Massimiliano Peluso
172 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Standard Marketing and SEO Techniques

The new version of my business website is about to release in coming weeks which mainly includes UI improvement and support for some advance features. Within that time period, I don’t want to...

asked Feb 22 '12 at 08:13
Blank
Usman Sarfraz
1,326 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.54K Views
How Can I Promote my Translator Android App?

I recently created an Android App. It translates thousands of frequently used words from each language. When I started learning Dutch with a friend of mine, he suggested it would be great to have...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 07:55
Blank
Balkrishna Rawool
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Tax implications of giving out prizes/raffles for my startup customers

I've ran a few contests / giveaways on my site for new customers. So far I've given away a color nook, 2 rounds of golf, and 2 ski lift tickets. Just some stuff to get people more active in the...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 05:03
Blank
Jared
31 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.21K Views
How to make an introduction movie for website?

I want to create an introduction movie for my website, to demonstrate the manual operation on website and simply add some background musics. Twitter`s new version introduction movie is a good...

asked Dec 26 '11 at 08:48
Blank
Anlai
375 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Suggestions for marketing a Twitter app to new users

Technical Background: I have an application that relies heavily on the Twitter API. This app is genuinely very useful for Twitter users across the board but especially for Twitter users who want to...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 09:35
Blank
Chamilyan
353 points

11 Votes
4 Answers
2.78K Views
Running an aggressive promotion against a competing product

We want to run a promotion on our website. In the promotion, if someone can provide us proof of purchase of a competitor's software license, we will give them a free software license of our...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 04:01
Blank
James
58 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.45K Views
Promoting landing page to get signups

OK, now I have my landing page with a signup form ready. Now how do I promote it to get early adopters? Should I: Pay a content farm to put backlinks to the page Pay adwords to get traffic Find a...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 05:41
Blank
Adib
293 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
What are the key factors in the initial promotion of a lean startup?

I've made my first effort to promote my soon to be released mobile application, by making a landing page for it and posting to reddit.com and now, stack exchange. The application is a special kind...

asked Nov 28 '11 at 03:49
Blank
Tom Dignan
114 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.81K Views
Video trailer services for startups

I've been working on a web-app that is set to finish late November and I'm now looking for ways to demonstrate my app via a promotional trailer (preferably not a just a screencast) of some sort....

asked Sep 27 '11 at 16:09
Blank
User744319
94 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
4.21K Views
How to promote a cooking software?

I have a hard time getting visitors to my site where I sell a cooking software for Windows. I'm still improving it by SEO (especially the english version is far from perfect) but suppose that will...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 21:25
Blank
Amenti
167 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.82K Views
99% OFF for the first month, any downsides?

I sell monthly subscription of a SAAS service. Currently, I'm handing out 99%-off coupon for the first month to new customers as a way to get them to get into the mindset of forking out cash. The...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 00:45
Blank
Nick
173 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.22K Views
Snail Mail Press Release

We just released a Press Release that was a flop. I've been trying to figure out what that is, especially compared to the Press Release I sent out 10 years ago for a physical product I invented; I...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Slandau
203 points

12 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
How Do I Promote My Business

Marketing your startup takes many forms. The classical marketing approach revolves around the 4 P’s: Product, Price, Promotion and Place. For this question and answer, we will tackle the Promotion...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 06:46
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Where to promote a travelers network site?

We created a site which aims to be a community of travelers sharing "off-the-beaten" track spots around the world with other travelers. We went live a month ago, we have about 150 users, 500 spots...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 19:31
Blank
Claudio Coelho
6 points