Payments Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
Are there different methods of payment when hiring freelancer?

Say I do not have enough money and need to get a part of my product done, is it possible to give a small part of the company, say between 3 and 5%, as a method of payment?

asked May 20 '10 at 10:36
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.88K Views
Collection agency recommendations?

I need to employ the services of a collection agency in the US. Most out there sound very sketchy. Does anyone have a good experience dealing with a particular firm? What are the typical fees and...

asked Jun 2 '10 at 03:54
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Questions for outsourced projects

I would like to get the following information related to outsourced project. What are the best practices to follow for the payment plan/structure when you are working with outsourced development...

asked Jun 9 '10 at 03:12
Blank
User2202
164 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.73K Views
Use Spreedly or Chargify or neither?

I plan to add subscription plan(s) to my website (built using ASP.NET). I may be using Paypal as the payment gateway for now. I might consider adding credit card payments in the future. Although...

asked May 1 '10 at 07:44
Blank
User2306
232 points

12 Votes
2 Answers
3.91K Views
What is the difference between merchant account and payment gateway?

I am still a newbie on the topic of merchant account and payment gateway. I tried to look around for information on merchant account and payment gateway, but I can not find a satisfying answers on...

asked May 7 '10 at 09:34
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.59K Views
Multiple Currency Management for SaaS Payments

We'll soon exit the beta stage and start charging for our SaaS solution. We're based in Italy so we work in Euros. We think we should also offer the solution in US Dollars, however we find it hard...

asked May 7 '10 at 23:47
Blank
Deleted
655 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.33K Views
Australia based payment processing

Since Authorize.net is US/Canada only, I am wondering if there is a Austrlian counterpart to them providing service similar to them? What are must have, Recurring payments One time...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 20:44
Blank
Shabda
159 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.04K Views
Experience with payment gateway for ecommerce site?

Anyone have experience with ANY of the below payment gateways (some do merchant services as well) that you can comment on: Payjunction Authorize.net Braintree Looking at these three gateways....

asked Mar 31 '10 at 03:40
Blank
Scott Blanc
90 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.33K Views
Can one pay for expenses that a start up requires before forming your LLC or Corp?

Can one pay for expenses that a start up requires before forming your LLC or Corp? Is it then possible to count them as expenses when you start one?

asked Apr 9 '10 at 18:06
Blank
Vnchopra
418 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.59K Views
Accept Credit Card payments in the US - Europe based company

We're a European based startup planning to sell domain names and digital goods into a niche market and will focus primarily on the US market. The only current option for accepting credit card...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 08:13
Blank
Roland
33 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Online payment processor for items over $1000

I know this subject have been discussed in length here and elsewhere, but most of the people that ask what is the best online payment processor never mention the price tag. My product's minimum...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 03:16
Blank
Tim Kara
98 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.35K Views
Market share of online payment processors?

What are the largest online payment processors in terms of market share and where can I find that kind of information (for free) ? My personal guess is that Paypal and Authorize.net are the...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 22:08
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
6.31K Views
Late payment policy / best practices

I am considering instituting a formal late payment policy for our product. Our terms have always been net 30 but it is something that we never consistently enforced. As the company grows and...

asked Mar 21 '10 at 07:41
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
5.99K Views
Paying workers over the internet?

A lot of startups involve not just receiving payment, but also disbursing payment: WOrker crowdsourcing (mechanical turk, crowd flower), code + design outsourcing (Odesk, Elance, crowd spring),...

asked Mar 22 '10 at 02:32
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Sending money to users

I'm considering building a system that allows our users to purchase points, trade them between themselves, then cash them in for real currency. The system will work like this: User A buys points...

asked Mar 27 '10 at 02:24
Blank
Codebeef
148 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
4.34K Views
What do people think about Intuit's online credit card processing?

It turns out that Intuit does online credit card processing. See here. What do people think about their services? How do they compare to Google Checkout or PayPal? Are there any horror stories?

asked Feb 23 '10 at 11:46
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
4.01K Views
What is the best online payment processor, moneybookers, Google Checkout or paypal?

I have developed a website and I want to integrate an online payment system with my website. What is the best online payment tool, moneybookers, Google Checkout or paypal?

asked Jan 12 '10 at 22:53
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
are payments processors mutually exclusive?

I'm bootstrapping a software business for the first time. I worked in 'stealth mode' for one full-year and now I've got about 100 private-beta-testers loving the software (and already begging for...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 10:18
Blank
Tristan St.
180 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.16K Views
Payment processing for subscription based, high value, downloadable software

I read through some suggestions on this site with regard to payment processors and after a good deal of investigation found Avangate.com had all of the features I needed: Flexible payment options...

asked Jan 6 '10 at 01:37
Blank
Ian Wilson
88 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
8.73K Views
Is it legal in US or Canada to accept donations?

Is it legal (US/Canada) to accept donations if you're not a government registered non-profit organization? I've seen it on a couple of sites and was wondering what are the laws surrounding those...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 13:34
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points