Payments Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Consultant agreement - transactions as loans?

I've been given a paper to sign where it says: You will be paid equivalent when/if SomeCompany makes turnover. Eventually transactions between the parties must be seen as loans. What does that...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 05:45
Blank
User26655
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Contracting with existing LLC - How to payout wages

A friend of mine and I have recently taken on a part time consulting gig. The job involves building custom software, and we've agreed to work 16 hours a week on the project. The contract was made...

asked May 23 '13 at 04:46
Blank
Rob H
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Describing an Upfront Cost in an Invoice Description?

My client and I have agreed to 2 payments. One is due right after signing the contract (due 7 days after) and another when the product is completed. I'm currently drafting the invoice for the...

asked May 9 '13 at 11:12
Blank
Cloudy Days
18 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.45K Views
Is it okay to use 2 different payment accepting services (systems) on the website that sells SaaS software?

One service will be used for region A because it offers paypal, the second one will be used for region B (it does not have paypal option) but offers automatical generation and sending invoice for...

asked Apr 8 '13 at 20:20
Blank
Alexey Grigoryev
62 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Payment methods and conditions for fresh startup

I am an Interface designer and a startup asked me to work with them. As of now they are only two people and do not have a budget, so they would offer a share in the company. I would be fine in...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 15:36
Blank
Lukas Oppermann
126 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.17K Views
1099 requirements for customers in middleman-type business

Note: I WILL be seeking information from a lawyer or accountant if I proceed but I want preliminary info here first. I am considering a business that, for sake of example, is much like Guru.com or...

asked Apr 1 '13 at 08:05
Blank
User478798
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
A website that receives and issues payments

I'm planning to launch a website which involves collecting/issuing payments from/to customers. My website offers a service for customers in exchange of a small fee which customers pay using credit...

asked Mar 20 '13 at 08:59
Blank
Osama
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
LLC Sub-contracting money and tax question

Essentially, I started an LLC about 6 months ago. I have worked pretty closely with another developer, but so far have yet to pay him. We are developing a product right now and I have agreed to...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 02:13
Blank
Livingtech
106 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.53K Views
Do I have to pay an internship student in US?

I would like to find a student to do some design work for my website. Is it OK to just give him recommendation letter but not pay?

asked Feb 1 '13 at 02:05
Blank
Marco
130 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
Who should process payments?

Suppose: Company A owns product P P is managed by company B The sales contract is between A and customers A has a contract with B such that B receives all income generated by P Could B directly...

asked Feb 6 '13 at 03:29
Blank
Kate
99 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
Should we be turning down software resellers?

We get emailed nearly daily from various software reselling companies around the world. They generally enquire as to the cost of 1 - 5 units of our software, and we generally turn down these...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 22:31
Blank
Tom
480 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.16K Views
Does a US employer need to pay any taxes for a non-US freelancer hired online?

We own an International Web Development company and get hired from all over the globe. We need to know if one of our US clients, needs to pay taxes for hiring us. They paid us $750.00USD via...

asked Jan 13 '13 at 15:08
Blank
Juapo2 Services
13 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
11.4K Views
Legal implications of a chargeback on NO-Refund policy

I wonder if publishing a NO-refund policy will prevent the chargeback? As a business, we'll show it where the customers can see it -- on the website and include in emails invoices and sales...

asked Dec 21 '12 at 19:04
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
Making payments though Check

Although we have other options (ACH, Wire, PayPal) but we also want to make payouts to our customers securely, but we're not sure what the ramifications will be. I mean, what if: The check...

asked Dec 24 '12 at 20:05
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Legal implications of creating and sharing a customer blacklist?

We're creating a marketplace where expect lots of buyers for digital goods ranging from $1 to $10. Now obviously there are people who initiate chargebacks (costs $15!) without even communicating...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 19:19
Blank
Nimbuz
174 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
What's typical in terms of royalties?

I'm a developer negotiating compensation for a commercialized version of some data analysis software I wrote (see my profile if you like). This is a completely new experience for me. I want...

asked Dec 14 '12 at 05:23
Blank
Matt Phillips
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.61K Views
What Would Be A Fair Way To Pay A Freelance Software Development Tutor Coach In Online Marketplaces?

I have a wordpress development job. I want to implement the job by myself. But since I am not experienced in wordpress development, I want to find a paid tutor to help me in this job. I plan to...

asked Nov 6 '12 at 20:23
Blank
Mert Nuhoglu
116 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Which Credit card processors allow us to retrieve payment information?

Which credit card processor allow us to retrieve payment information from their server in case if we need the payment information? I believe my question isn't clear enough and I decided to write a...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 15:00
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.75K Views
Using Paypal for Gifting

I am hoping to generate some revenue by sending out emails to interested people about giving a gift to the company. I am aware in order to say "donation" you must be a 501(c)(3) however if you...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 18:10
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
SaaS, should we pick the payment options or let the customer?

Working on a new B2C SaaS will allow our customers to accept payments online from their customers. Currently we're trying to decided whether its better to have a list of payment gateways for our...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 09:23
Blank
Delboud
16 points