Payments Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.34K Views
Taxes with respect to content providers

I am developing a modest web site that shows content created by external providers. I use this content to promote my goods and sell them. Instead of paying a fix upfront price for the content (I...

asked Sep 5 '12 at 15:43
Blank
Serialfailer
8 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Convert FREE to PAID service without losing customers?

This is a real estate website where agents can advertise their properties. Two years ago we've started as a FREE service to gain customers and visits. Now after a lot of investment we need to start...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 20:38
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Multi-vendor marketplace-Dealing with transactions & Payments

I'm a few weeks into developing a multi-vendor, business to business website. Here is my issue: We could potentially have a single user purchasing from multiple sellers at one time. We are...

asked Aug 15 '12 at 05:56
Blank
Doug C
16 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
What is legally required in order to accept monthly payments for a SaaS product?

I have been working on a web product for over a year now and I've finally gotten to the point where I've finished integrating the payment / subscription / credit card processor into the product,...

asked Jul 24 '12 at 00:42
Blank
Kristian
141 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Where can I find a high risk online payment processor?

I run a business that works to provide electronic goods to our customers, and we have serious problems with customers defrauding us by claiming failure of delivery or similar through our current...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 06:30
Blank
Kort Pleco
891 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
What is the best way to charge subscription costs?

I've developting a SaaS product and would like to charge my users a subscription charge, I'm considering a model with a monthly fee and a annual discount - but now my question is this. How do I...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 20:31
Blank
Martin Kristiansen
102 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
Amazon Payments for B2B Software

We sell B2B software, and receive most of our payments by bank transfer or cheque. We're currently using Google Checkout to take online card payments. We have some issues with Google Checkout...

asked May 25 '12 at 19:57
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
What are the options for a non US citizen for adding payment options like Amazon Payments to their app?

Amazon payments has a strict list of requirements including having a US EIN or SSN, a state driver's license and US residency. Google Checkout is not yet available in Canada. What are the steps...

asked May 27 '12 at 17:47
Blank
Calydon
26 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.86K Views
Small post-project change. To charge or not to charge?

A few months after completing a website, a client is requesting a small change (literally changing one word to another on the site). I'm tempted to do this 10 second change for free, except that...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 00:44
Blank
Mirov
384 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Can i sell my Blog somewhere?

Possible Duplicate: How to sell a website? I own a blog earlier its has alexa ranking as well. Its a technical blog where we used to update about the recent software, technical concepts,...

asked May 11 '12 at 22:38
Blank
Amod0017
121 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
Legal advice for handling money when serving two sided market

My services handle two types of users: (A) and (B), where (B) are in fact the users of (A). I act as the mediator between (A) and (B). My website provides marketing services which facilitates...

asked May 14 '12 at 23:06
Blank
S. Francis
21 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.94K Views
Payment processors and VAT

I'm trying to understand how VAT responsibilities are handled by payment processors like FastSpring and SWReg. From the HMRC website : What is VAT? VAT is a tax that's charged on most business...

asked May 18 '12 at 05:40
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Help demystifying partnership pass-through taxation

Situation I am in the process of deciding which type of taxation to choose for my LLC. Up until this point I was leaning towards Partnership taxation because that is what LLC For Dummies was...

asked May 18 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Viriato
144 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
steps required to receive payments from app store as a non-US resident

I'm a non-US citizen and have a couple of free iOS applications in the app store. Now, i want to create non-free versions, but i'm trying to gather what are the requirements that i would need in...

asked May 21 '12 at 00:29
Blank
Lurscher
101 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.78K Views
Is yearly subscription for a new SaaS a bad idea?

We're working hard on a new SaaS idea. We're bootstrapping as much as we can and are not looking for outside investment. Our goal was start charging for the service on a yearly basis, in our minds...

asked May 2 '12 at 20:05
Blank
Littlejim84
141 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
How can I take refundable deposits online?

I am looking to provide rental items online, however it is important that I can take a deposit that will be returned after the usage of the item. I am aware of capture delay although my...

asked May 4 '12 at 02:02
Blank
Tom
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.02K Views
Paying App developers in equity?

I am starting a software company. We will start with one service in particular, but will expand from there. My question is, is it reasonable to pay developers in equity alone? Also, seperate...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 02:41
Blank
User51648
9 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
9.98K Views
How do Royalty payments work?

I have been asked by another company to build them some software to operate some machinery. The company sells this machinery to their own customers and wants to provide the software I write along...

asked Mar 25 '12 at 05:37
Blank
7wp
275 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
I provide purchasing services for foreign companies. How to solve the problem of trust?

I am a purchasing agent for foreign companies. My clients find me on the Internet. I provide services so my clients pay me my service charge. They don't personally know me before they contact me. I...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 22:45
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
What is the best pricing model for a service based on requests?

I have a product for monitoring specific areas of content within webpages and notifying the customer when changes occur to this content and what they are. (E.g. monitor the latest stories on a news...

asked Mar 28 '12 at 23:01
Blank
Yojimbo
326 points