Web App Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.16K Views
Intellectual Property question about version 1.0 of a web app

What is the motivation for small companies to release version 1.0 that has the most important features that define the application? Couldn't a bigger company just replicate these features over the...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 05:15
Blank
Leadgy
222 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.4K Views
I have a great Idea for a Startup, a Web App Business, How and Where to start?

I have a great idea for a web app in personal finance niche. It's a B2C. I have brainstormed and did some research. I made some specs and wrote the idea explaining every functionality. There is...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 22:28
Blank
Andy Mortin
141 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Suggest web app for managing small business

I'm looking for a web app with CRM, ERP and simple accounting features to run a small software shop. Will be very grateful if someone could help me out with this.

asked Jan 4 '11 at 18:30
Blank
Alexey Anufriyev
113 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
3.74K Views
Advantages and Disadvantages of Making Source Code Public

I like the idea of open source collaboration and making our code for our application we are building public on github. This would allow people to give their input and even allow certain parts of...

asked Jan 11 '11 at 07:25
Blank
User6488
31 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.1K Views
How do I attract visitors to a free web app/social site on a low budget?

I've been working on a site. It started as a side project to teach myself a bunch of things but now that it's live I'd really like to pump some life into it. Functionality is limited; basically,...

asked Dec 23 '10 at 04:11
Blank
Sergi Papaseit
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
Are there services that handle subscription payment for web applications?

I currently run a startup that sells an iPhone app through the App Store. I love that the App Store takes care of the work of charging users, collection of sales tax, basic reporting, etc. and just...

asked Dec 15 '10 at 12:35
Blank
Bill
198 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
I want to run my own web app biz, what should I pay attention to?

I want to start my own web app biz. It's a word memory system. Now I'm developing it in my own laptop. If I run it for others later. What service should I buy, a virtual host or a vps or...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 16:52
Blank
Hutushen222
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Would you trust time sheet reporting and approval done in the "Cloud"?

It's our belief that the world is ready to trust reporting functions to a cloud-based network (I'm not talking about simply hosted apps, but something that functions more like a LinkedIn letting...

asked Oct 26 '10 at 07:25
Blank
Joe Piekarz
16 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
What are the best ways to monetize a web application with advertisement

I am developing a web/mobile application. It is a list and task manager/personal organizer. I would like to keep it completely free for users. Moreover, I don't want to show any advertisement...

asked Nov 2 '10 at 00:25
Blank
Dan
49 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
Web Application Technology

My startup idea involves a web application that has the following requirements: will need to charge my customers securely using someone else's service must scale easily must be cheap to...

asked Sep 27 '10 at 05:43
Blank
Jeff
103 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
How do you get a copyright on your web pages?

If I were to release a web app what is the procedure to procuring a copyright on it?

asked Oct 6 '10 at 05:34
Blank
Chromedude
202 points

8 Votes
8 Answers
3.5K Views
Make my failed Web application open source?

I've outsourced the creation of Web Spy Pro (www.webspypro.com) last year. It's a Webanalytics software that record/play the visitor mouse movements, so you can see exactly what visitors are doing...

asked Jul 15 '10 at 05:10
Blank
Dennis
176 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.54K Views
Do you use a service for ensuring email deliverability (like Sendgrid, Postmark, etc.)? Why or why not? If so, what service?

Using an external service for delivering your emails can take a lot of load off your shoulders if deliverability is a must. Services like Sendgrid and Postmark have pre-configured, whitelisted...

asked May 16 '10 at 05:47
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points